Old 31-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Alan Holmes

"PMT" wrote in message
news:1125452393.5ef6ca25f172a17b64e61aa5c31d7e40@t eranews...
Zach Is Having A British Day wrote:

Hubert Maynard yammered:

"Zach Is Having A British Day" wrote in message

Chrise sake Ian! Ya been holed up in Hull for the past few months?

I've never been 'holed' in my life, barring Alien abductions.

Why do I have this image in my mind of TB on all fours with GW behind
him yelling: "Squeal like a pig Tony!"

Because you have bizarre gay fantasies about World Leaders?

--

~PMD~
*****

I thought that was your department.

Old 31-08-2005, 04:38 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:00:32 GMT, Zachariah wrote:

Kevin S. Wilson yammered:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:50:15 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
wrote:

"Zach Is Having A British Day" wrote

I don't think

'Nuff said.

Not really. We're wondering if you could explain the joke.

OK. If I must spell it out, you poor *******:

"[1] mother = mom, as you in the UK would say it."

Do you need further explanation or can 'we' explain it to you with the help
of a picture?

Ah common Ian be patient with the poor lad. He's probably british and
a little slow.

I see we're having a two-for-the-price-of-one sale.

I suspect he won't be around long, once his ISP (Internet Service
Portal) hears about his crossposting.

Don't forget about this portal Kev. I get around a lot and I wouldn't
want you to miss any *portals ;-)

I forget. How many bonus points if the fish change the subject line?
Isn't that akin to them baiting the hook for you?

Old 31-08-2005, 04:52 PM
Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

"Zach Is Having A British Day" wrote

I don't think

'Nuff said.

Not really. We're wondering if you could explain the joke.

OK. If I must spell it out, you poor *******:

"[1] mother = mom, as you in the UK would say it."

Do you need further explanation or can 'we' explain it to you with the help
of a picture?

Ah common Ian be patient with the poor lad. He's probably british and
a little slow.

I see we're having a two-for-the-price-of-one sale.

I suspect he won't be around long, once his ISP (Internet Service
Portal) hears about his crossposting.

Don't forget about this portal Kev. I get around a lot and I wouldn't
want you to miss any *portals ;-)

I forget. How many bonus points if the fish change the subject line?
Isn't that akin to them rebaiting the hook for you?

IFYPFY. Please wait six to ten weeks for your rebait to be processed.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Old 31-08-2005, 06:39 PM
David DeLaney

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:00:32 GMT, Zachariah wrote:
Don't forget about this portal Kev. I get around a lot and I wouldn't
want you to miss any *portals ;-)

I forget. How many bonus points if the fish change the subject line?
Isn't that akin to them rebaiting the hook for you?

IFYPFY. Please wait six to ten weeks for your rebait to be processed.

If they do it multiple times does that make them master rebaiters?

Dave "I -know- I told it wrong, I _meant_ to do that" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from "It's not the pot that grows the flower
Love is all it takes to make a family" - R&P. VISUALIZE HAPPYNET VRbeableBLINK
Old 31-08-2005, 07:18 PM
Matthew L. Martin

David DeLaney wrote:
Matthew L. Martin wrote:

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 22:00:32 GMT, Zachariah wrote:

Don't forget about this portal Kev. I get around a lot and I wouldn't
want you to miss any *portals ;-)

I forget. How many bonus points if the fish change the subject line?
Isn't that akin to them rebaiting the hook for you?

IFYPFY. Please wait six to ten weeks for your rebait to be processed.

If they do it multiple times does that make them master rebaiters?

Only after years in the rebaiter apprenticeship program are they allowed
to become master rebaiters.

My college football team really got up for games against Bates College.
If they won, the college newspaper got to use their favorite headline:

"Tech Gridders Master Bates"

--
Matthew (Not grammatically correct since we were all geeks. Who cares?)

Which one do you want?

Old 31-08-2005, 08:36 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:13:29 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Which one do you want?

No one you would suggest

Okay, that's twice now. Would someone explain to young Alan here that
the "one" in Matthew's .sig refers to an opinion, not a person?

I would, but I'm just about out of one- and two-syllable words on this
computer.

Old 31-08-2005, 09:10 PM
Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Which one do you want?

No one you would suggest

Okay, that's twice now. Would someone explain to young Alan here that
the "one" in Matthew's .sig refers to an opinion, not a person?

You never can tell. I might be a slave trader.

I would, but I'm just about out of one- and two-syllable words on this
computer.

Well, whose fault is that!!?? You do insist on taunting Dank and
CLunatic and you have used them all up doing that. You should learn to
conserve (or make new ones in your spare time).

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Old 31-08-2005, 09:13 PM
cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" wrote:

I would, but I'm just about out of one- and two-syllable words on this
computer.

I bet you are just hoarding your favorite one, 'twinkie'
Old 31-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Which one do you want?

No one you would suggest

Okay, that's twice now. Would someone explain to young Alan here that
the "one" in Matthew's .sig refers to an opinion, not a person?

Spoilsport. I was waiting to see how many increasingly lame replies
he would make to a sig.

Of course, if he now understands what the sig actually means, he could
offer increasingly lame replies to that concept too, for an extra
bonus display of stupidity.

So never mind, I just won't post this.

I have used that sig, on and off, for as long as my clients have
requested me to make it clear to my professional contacts that I can't
legally speak for the company. As one might imagine, some clients saw
the humor in it, some did not. Only two have insisted that I stop using
it. The claim was that it wasn't "professional"

In my vernacular, something is "professional" if a professional
does/says/uses/wears/etc it. I'm a professional. I use that sig. ipso
facto, the sig is professional.

In the last few years, my clients haven't asked me to use a disclaimer,
so I only use it on usernet anymore.

--
Matthew

Which one do you want?
Old 31-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Which one do you want?

No one you would suggest

Okay, that's twice now. Would someone explain to young Alan here that
the "one" in Matthew's .sig refers to an opinion, not a person?

Spoilsport. I was waiting to see how many increasingly lame replies
he would make to a sig.

Of course, if he now understands what the sig actually means, he could
offer increasingly lame replies to that concept too, for an extra
bonus display of stupidity.

So never mind, I just won't post this.

BW

But, you ****ing idiot, you did.

How can you demonstrate such a firm grasp on the obvious here, yet so
misunderstand someone's .sig elsewhere? Are you on any medications
that we should know about?

PS: Stop mucking with the follow-ups. You're not half as clever as
your think you are.

Old 31-08-2005, 11:09 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:50:02 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Matthew

Which one do you want?

Oh dear still at it, are you, why don't you take the hint.

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone argue with a .sig before. Bonus
points for Matthew!

Old 31-08-2005, 11:15 PM
Kevin S. Wilson

wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Matthew

Which one do you want?

I thought I'd already answered this, but you are the last person I'd want an
opinion from.

Oh, my. We're going to have to start a bit further back than I
thought.

Alan, can you say "signature file"?

Old 01-09-2005, 01:28 AM
Matthew L. Martin

wrote:

[...]

Well just get this muck out of the gardening newsgroup, we don't want all
this rubbish.

I should think that gardeners would want all the muck they can get.

Care to argue with this sig?

Matthew

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game
Old 01-09-2005, 02:48 AM
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
Are you on any medications
that we should know about?

Hmmm. Could it be that Alan is an *herbal* gardener?

IYKWIM. AITYD.

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old 01-09-2005, 10:37 AM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:18:51 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

wrote in message

wrote:

"Matthew L. Martin" wrote in message

Matthew

Which one do you want?

Oh dear still at it, are you, why don't you take the hint.

I don't believe I've ever seen anyone argue with a .sig before. Bonus
points for Matthew!

Yes, Alan is still at it, isn't he? I wonder why he didn't take the
giant clue-by-four.

Please, please don't send him to wikipedia just yet.

BW

And you cvan bugger off as well.

Is there some way we could automate this process?

I know. Hey, Alan! There's a thread in ARK called "Who's Winning."
Could you be a dear and just e-mail all the people listed there,
telling each in turn to bugger off?

Thanks so much. That's a good lad. --- British lingo intended to lure
Alan into a false sense of security. Shhh!

PS: You can stop mucking around with the follow-up header now. My
computer automatically reverts to the original follow-ups.