Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2006, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
June Hughes

Default Clary sage, slugs, salt problem

I have a lovely clary sage plant in a large lily pot. Last night,
daughter and I were sitting outside with a glass of wine when I noticed
a huge slug right in the middle of it. Instead of being sensible and
plucking it off the plant, I went and poured salt on it. Then I
promptly forgot it. This morning, all that remains of the slug is a
slimy mess and the plant has wilted over the sides of the pot. I have
tried sluicing it with water but hope I haven't killed it off. I don't
generally have much luck with clary sage and its leaves had been nibbled
by snails in places but this is quite a disaster, or so it seems. Does
anyone have any ideas, please? TIA
--
June Hughes

SLUGS and salt $.o1 Andrew Burgess Ponds 6 01-07-2004 02:08 AM
SLUGS and salt $.o1 Mary kate Ponds 6 20-06-2004 04:03 PM
SLUGS and salt jammer Ponds 7 18-06-2004 08:07 PM
Rock Salt vs Pond Salt itten Ponds 1 18-05-2003 01:20 PM
Slugs or no slugs Kate Morgan United Kingdom 9 04-04-2003 02:20 PM