Old 15-08-2006, 07:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default mushroom compost

Does anyone out there know of a source that's clode to Newbury, Berkshire.
Or does anyone have any pointers for someone who could deliver? etc etc

Thanks

Old 15-08-2006, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chris Rust wrote:
Does anyone out there know of a source that's clode to Newbury, Berkshire.
Or does anyone have any pointers for someone who could deliver? etc etc

Thanks

I used to live near Cambridge and these guys delivered by the big
builders bag (cubic metre?):

http://www.mulch.co.uk/

they are Madingley Mulches and they say they deliver nationwide and
they seem to have mushroom compost and no I am not getting paid for
saying any of this.

I wish they delivered to Ireland.

Des

Old 16-08-2006, 05:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ps.com...

Chris Rust wrote:
Does anyone out there know of a source that's clode to Newbury,
Berkshire.
Or does anyone have any pointers for someone who could deliver? etc etc

Thanks

I used to live near Cambridge and these guys delivered by the big
builders bag (cubic metre?):

http://www.mulch.co.uk/

they are Madingley Mulches and they say they deliver nationwide and
they seem to have mushroom compost and no I am not getting paid for
saying any of this.

I wish they delivered to Ireland.

I thought Ireland was the World Centre for Mushroom Growing!

Mary

Des

Old 18-08-2006, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mary Fisher wrote:
wrote in message
ps.com...

Chris Rust wrote:
Does anyone out there know of a source that's clode to Newbury,
Berkshire.
Or does anyone have any pointers for someone who could deliver? etc etc

Thanks

I used to live near Cambridge and these guys delivered by the big
builders bag (cubic metre?):

http://www.mulch.co.uk/

they are Madingley Mulches and they say they deliver nationwide and
they seem to have mushroom compost and no I am not getting paid for
saying any of this.

I wish they delivered to Ireland.

I thought Ireland was the World Centre for Mushroom Growing!

it is! it is!
sadly, I have no idea what they do with their spent compost or how to
get any.
Madingley Mulches were very easy to deal with and within 1 day of
phoning them you would get this wonderful present of a huge bag of the
stuff, for very little expense and you just shovelled it liberally over
any bare soil and everything looked great for a while.
Here I have been using bark and it is not nearly as nice and it is
effin expensive.

Des

Mary

Des

Old 19-08-2006, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Des Higgins" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message .com
from contains these words:

Mary Fisher wrote:

I thought Ireland was the World Centre for Mushroom Growing!

it is! it is!
sadly, I have no idea what they do with their spent compost or how to
get any.

I suppose a google search on "mushroom growers Ireland " or Eire
hadn't crossed your mind?

Bloody hell; that never occurred to me; what an extraordinary idea.

Google you say??
(skip the eire bit; that is only on stamps or coins).

You might mention that to google (when you track it down).

That is neither here nor there; try Eire as a google term and see what you
find. It is not exactly very useful.
Google use what crops up in web sites. Eire is the word (one word
actually; nominative singular or something; I cannot remember) for Ireland
in Irish. Almost no Irish companies have web sites in Irish.

Do you have a car with a tow bar and trailer I could borrow for when I
have
to go collect it?

Sorry, tow bars and trailers are for softie southern wusses. We carry
all our tons of seaweed, manure, shearing waste, brewery spent hops,
beachcombing finds, skip treaure etc home inside the car. With the
backseat taken out and skilled packing it holds 26 sackfuls.

That is very useful from wher I am sitting in the Dublin suburbs; I will
recommend it to the family.

By contrast. when I used to use spent mushroom compost, I
telephoned the mushroom farm and the mushroom farm was thrilled to
deliver as much as I would take, in exchange for a modest amount of
cash. Hope that solves the mystery of what mushroom farms do with the
spent compost.

What made me reply with such incredulity Janet was the idea that I had never
heard of google. I have spent hours googling for anyone who would sell me
mushroom comost and deliver it to Dublin (and the local yellow pages and a
bloke I met in a pub and his brother). No one wanted to. Several places
said I was welcome to come and get it. No one would deliver it. I said in
my non-controversial chatty post that I wished I could get someone to
deliver the stuff to me like what happened me once in England. You made
patronising suggestions about googling and suggestions for what search words
to use.
Jayzes.

Janet.

Old 21-08-2006, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from "Des Higgins" contains these words:

sadly, I have no idea what they do with their spent compost or how to
get any.

What made me reply with such incredulity Janet was the idea that I had
never
heard of google.

My apologies. I should have supplied a mixed bag of unwrapped, self
adhesive emoticons with full international instructions, for you to
apply wherever you need them most.

My own google search took seconds, not hours, and supplied a dozen
results showing what they do with spent mushroom compost in Ireland;
which made me think you could not have looked in google for an answer to
that question.(insert emoticon of your choice)

I have spent hours googling for anyone who would sell me
mushroom comost and deliver it to Dublin (and the local yellow pages and a
bloke I met in a pub and his brother). No one wanted to. Several places
said I was welcome to come and get it.

Well, there you go (insert emoticon) So, from having "no idea how to
get any" in your post above, from my post now you do know how at least
one way to get some. (Insert emoticon) If you don't own a
car/pickup/landrover perhaps you know someone who does? (Insert
emoticon).

I don't and all the googling in the world does not help.
All I did was comment on how I wished Madingley Mulches delivered to
Ireland as I could not get anyone to deliver mushroom compost to me.
Google is neother here nor there and Is merely an excuse for you to be
patronising.
I do not have a trailer. I do not even have a drivers license.
I do not know anyone with a trailer.
All I want is someone to deliver mushroom compost to my house in Dublin
just like I once did in England.
Can you find someone who will do that by googling?
I can see dozens and dozens of sites about mushroom growing.

Janet.

Mushroom mushroom... Tim Watts[_3_] United Kingdom 19 09-11-2014 10:02 PM
mushroom compost Anton Jopko Gardening 2 03-09-2004 12:27 PM
Spent mushroom compost Bob United Kingdom 6 14-01-2004 07:02 PM
Spent mushroom compost Bob United Kingdom 0 06-01-2004 11:14 PM
mushroom compost good or bad? TheScullster United Kingdom 13 08-10-2003 04:23 PM