Old 19-09-2006, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plants for home security

In message , Judith Lea
writes
In article , June Hughes
writes
In message , Judith Lea
writes

That would be lovely. I could stay with m-in-l.

PS You mentioned moments of madness. On Sunday, I had a lot on my
mind and went to Waitrose as usual after lunch, with a quick visit to
Boots' after packing the car with the Waitrose stuff. I got a bit
angry because Bas had left his golf clubs in the boot and I couldn't
get much in there, so I left a box of 6 botts of red and a box of beer
on the back seat, as well as other less costly stuff, grumbling and
struggling as I did so. I got what I wanted in Boots and arrived
back at the car to find the rear off-side door wide open. Oops! Was
on the phone to Bas at the time. The first thing he said was 'You'd
better check my golf clubs are still there!' Nothing had been
touched, despite it being a very busy little car park, although the
car was locked, so his clubs were safe.

Actually, I'm quite sane, (says she,) After dictating a letter to my
secretary, I asked her to give the respondent my direct dial number and
rolled it off. She asked whose number was that, I said mine of course
and she said she had never heard of it, I had only given her my
husband's. Well, it is Monday today so what do you expect from an aged
person.

Monday?
I'm hoping that everyone can come. I have 5 bedrooms to spare so
hopefully those travelling long distances can stay with me.I think a
little entente cordial (blackberry) would be quite nice.

Sounds lovely.
--
June Hughes
Old 19-09-2006, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Judith Lea writes

p.s. I am thinking of hosting a meet next year and I very much hope
that you, Sacha, Janet, Kay, Cormaic, Chris and Helen French, June
Hughes, Alan Holmes and even Jane Ransom will come.

I'm up for that! You're a lot less distance to travel to than Sacha!

--
Kay
Old 20-09-2006, 06:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , JennyC
writes
I am surprised at myself !

I thought that you might be on reflection. You are never nasty, so don't
do it again!

OK "~)

snipped

p.s. I am thinking of hosting a meet next year and I very much hope that
you, Sacha, Janet, Kay, Cormaic, Chris and Helen French, June Hughes, Alan
Holmes and even Jane Ransom will come. The last time I met with all of
them, apart from June, was at Kay's meet in Leeds, we had a great time and
I came home laden with plants; sadly I don't know what half of them are!
Judith Lea

Whereabouts are you Judith ?
Jenny

Old 20-09-2006, 11:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Judith Lea
writes

The last time I met with all of them, apart from June, was at Kay's
meet in Leeds, we had a great time and I came home laden with plants;
sadly I don't know what half of them are!

Ooh good someone onto whom I can "donate/offload" my cuttings.

Must see if it's within travelling distance....................

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 20-09-2006, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 17:23:03 +0100, Anne Jackson
wrote and included this (or some of this):

The message from "JennyC" contains these words:
"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , JennyC
writes
I am surprised at myself !

I thought that you might be on reflection. You are never nasty, so don't
do it again!

OK "~)

snipped

p.s. I am thinking of hosting a meet next year and I very much hope that
you, Sacha, Janet, Kay, Cormaic, Chris and Helen French, June
Hughes, Alan
Holmes and even Jane Ransom will come. The last time I met with all of
them, apart from June, was at Kay's meet in Leeds, we had a great
time and
I came home laden with plants; sadly I don't know what half of them are!
Judith Lea

Whereabouts are you Judith ?

I believe that Norwich was mentioned somewhere....

Nickers off ready when I come Home

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³
Old 21-09-2006, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , K
writes
Judith Lea writes

p.s. I am thinking of hosting a meet next year and I very much hope
that you, Sacha, Janet, Kay, Cormaic, Chris and Helen French, June
Hughes, Alan Holmes and even Jane Ransom will come.

I'm up for that! You're a lot less distance to travel to than Sacha!

Great, as I stayed at your house, you can stay at mine!!
--
Judith Lea
Old 21-09-2006, 11:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , JennyC
writes
p.s. I am thinking of hosting a meet next year and I very much hope that
you, Sacha, Janet, Kay, Cormaic, Chris and Helen French, June Hughes, Alan
Holmes and even Jane Ransom will come. The last time I met with all of
them, apart from June, was at Kay's meet in Leeds, we had a great time and
I came home laden with plants; sadly I don't know what half of them are!
Judith Lea

Whereabouts are you Judith ?
Jenny

I live in Norfolk Jenny, 45 minutes from Amsterdam as the crow flies; it
is quicker for me to visit my friends there than it is to visit my
daughter!

I live on the South side of Norwich in a charming village with a white
mill, although lots of them in Holland, not quite so many here. There
is a market town 4 miles from here, Wymondham (pronounced as June will
tell you Windem)) it's a great market town steeped in history and well
worth a visit.

So Jenny, a cheap flight with Flybe or KLM and you could be sipping a
chilled Sauvignon Blanc under the apple tree or if you like, under the
plum tree that did not produce many plums this year.

--
Judith Lea
Old 21-09-2006, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Anne Jackson
writes
Whereabouts are you Judith ?

I believe that Norwich was mentioned somewhere....

I didn't know that I had mentioned Norwich, did I tell you before, I
really am forgetful these days
--
Judith Lea

Old 21-09-2006, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
The last time I met with all of them, apart from June, was at Kay's
meet in Leeds, we had a great time and I came home laden with plants;
sadly I don't know what half of them are!

Ooh good someone onto whom I can "donate/offload" my cuttings.

Must see if it's within travelling distance....................

Janet, you must come and bring all of your cuttings as I am supplying my
friends in France with everything I can get my hands on - what do you
have?
--
Judith Lea
Old 21-09-2006, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 4GYrbUCY3mEFFw

Janet, you must come and bring all of your cuttings as I am supplying
my friends in France with everything I can get my hands on - what do
you have?

Ah well I can do a parcel if it helps - Can send all sorts

Janet

let me know your address and I'll put some stuff in for you. Won't give
you too many .................

Old 22-09-2006, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Janet Tweedy
writes
Ah well I can do a parcel if it helps - Can send all sorts

Janet

let me know your address and I'll put some stuff in for you. Won't give
you too many .................

Janet, you are a love!! Email on way with address. I am going to
Scotland for a week commencing 2nd October, so not a good time to send
them!
--
Judith Lea
Old 22-09-2006, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith Lea" wrote in message
In article , JennyC
writes
p.s. I am thinking of hosting a meet next year ...................

Whereabouts are you Judith ?
Jenny

I live in Norfolk Jenny, 45 minutes from Amsterdam as the crow flies; it
is quicker for me to visit my friends there than it is to visit my
daughter!

Right :~)
Let me know if you want a day out in Rotterdam next time you are over here
:~)

I live on the South side of Norwich in a charming village with a white
mill, although lots of them in Holland, not quite so many here. There is
a market town 4 miles from here, Wymondham (pronounced as June will tell
you Windem)) it's a great market town steeped in history and well worth a
visit.

So Jenny, a cheap flight with Flybe or KLM and you could be sipping a
chilled Sauvignon Blanc under the apple tree or if you like, under the
plum tree that did not produce many plums this year.
Judith Lea

Sounds good, Jenny

Old 25-09-2006, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , JennyC
writes

Right :~)
Let me know if you want a day out in Rotterdam next time you are over here
:~)

My friend Lydia comes from Rotterdam.

So Jenny, a cheap flight with Flybe or KLM and you could be sipping a
chilled Sauvignon Blanc under the apple tree or if you like, under the
plum tree that did not produce many plums this year.
Judith Lea

Sounds good, Jenny

I will post details on urg when a date has been agreed and everyone,
with just a couple of exceptions, are so very welcome to come to my
home. Everyone is invited to dinner that night at chez moi.
--
Judith Lea