Old 03-10-2006, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

"Mary Fisher" typed

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

I don't think we've peeled any potatoes for years...
...or done any ironing.

I have never, ever, ironed a potato.

Mary

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

I suppose some bright spark will suggest mixing egg, milk, water &
instant mash, then putting the mix into a waffle iron...

--
Helen D. Vecht:

Edgware.
Old 03-10-2006, 11:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" typed

I suppose some bright spark will suggest mixing egg, milk, water &
instant mash, then putting the mix into a waffle iron...

I'm not bright enough for that. On the odd occasions I've made waffles I've
used a flour based batter mix. But that was about fifty years ago my boy
friend bought a little gizmo from and Ideal Homes exhibition. What a faff!

Is instant mash still made?

Mary

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old 03-10-2006, 11:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

Is instant mash still made?

Not only made but undergoing a considerable revival and publicity
campaign.
--

I must live under a stone!

Mary

Old 03-10-2006, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/10/06 11:24, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" typed

I suppose some bright spark will suggest mixing egg, milk, water &
instant mash, then putting the mix into a waffle iron...

I'm not bright enough for that. On the odd occasions I've made waffles I've
used a flour based batter mix. But that was about fifty years ago my boy
friend bought a little gizmo from and Ideal Homes exhibition. What a faff!

Is instant mash still made?

Not only made but undergoing a considerable revival and publicity campaign.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/

Old 03-10-2006, 11:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/10/06 11:47, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Is instant mash still made?

Not only made but undergoing a considerable revival and publicity
campaign.
--

I must live under a stone!

My children often say that to me......!

Old 03-10-2006, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/10/06 11:47, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Is instant mash still made?

Not only made but undergoing a considerable revival and publicity
campaign.
--

I must live under a stone!

My children often say that to me......!

Ours call us hippies ... it used to be the Aged Parents but that was when we
were in our thirties! I don't know if being seen as a hippy is an
improvement. The silly thing is that they have no idea about real hippydom!

Mary

Old 03-10-2006, 12:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message

I don't think we've peeled any potatoes for years...
...or done any ironing.

I have never, ever, ironed a potato.

How else do you think they make crisps?

Well, I know because I've done it :-)

But ironing would produce a flatter version ...

Mary

Janet

Old 03-10-2006, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 3/10/06 12:41, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 3/10/06 11:47, in article
, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message

Is instant mash still made?

Not only made but undergoing a considerable revival and publicity
campaign.
--
I must live under a stone!

My children often say that to me......!

Ours call us hippies ... it used to be the Aged Parents but that was when we
were in our thirties! I don't know if being seen as a hippy is an
improvement. The silly thing is that they have no idea about real hippydom!

We get referred to as the crumblies, the 'rentals, or occasionally, our
owners. And when he really wants to wind me up my son calls me Mater.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
I don't think we've peeled any potatoes for years...
...or done any ironing.
I have never, ever, ironed a potato.

How else do you think they make crisps?

Well, I know because I've done it :-)

But ironing would produce a flatter version ...

Mary
Janet

How come you Wrinklies have taken over this thread, shame on you, you
should be old enough to know better! ;-)
Old 03-10-2006, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:24:02 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Is instant mash still made?

Smash is being marketed again as you speak

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³

Old 03-10-2006, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha typed

We get referred to as the crumblies, the 'rentals, or occasionally, our
owners. And when he really wants to wind me up my son calls me Mater.

My youngest brother (19 years my junior) calls the 'The Olds'. I just
call them Mum & Dad but they don't seem old to me...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

We get referred to as the crumblies, the 'rentals, or occasionally, our
owners. And when he really wants to wind me up my son calls me Mater.

Ours sometimes do that too, I quite like it :-)

I'm not so sure about Mama ... but wouldn't let them know or I'd never hear
anything else :-)

Mary

Old 03-10-2006, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 11:24:02 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote and included this (or some of this):

Is instant mash still made?

Smash is being marketed again as you speak

Super.

ahem

:-)

Mary

--
®óñ© © ² * ¹°°³

Old 03-10-2006, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message t
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
I don't think we've peeled any potatoes for years...
...or done any ironing.
I have never, ever, ironed a potato.
How else do you think they make crisps?

Well, I know because I've done it :-)

But ironing would produce a flatter version ...

Mary
Janet

How come you Wrinklies have taken over this thread, shame on you, you
should be old enough to know better! ;-)

We're making hay while the sun shines, who knows if we'll be here tomorrow

Mary

Disposal of lawn moss? Broadback United Kingdom 25 18-03-2010 05:43 PM
Naff or chic? David in Normandy[_6_] United Kingdom 16 14-01-2008 02:23 PM
New House - Naff Lawn! Kevin Smith United Kingdom 5 31-05-2006 12:32 PM
Brush Disposal Beerbuoy Texas 2 01-08-2003 04:04 AM
Safe disposal of defunct HPS lamps? Jonathan Sachs Gardening 0 08-02-2003 05:43 PM