Old 09-10-2006, 11:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Naff potatoes disposal ?

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

I mash roughly with a fork then finish with a small electric hand held
beater. Smooth fluffy mash with no lumps, and no need for a dedicated bit
of equipment

But you can't use either in my Circulon pans :-(

What's a Circulon pan?

Alan

Mary

Old 09-10-2006, 11:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Broadback" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
"Broadback" wrote in message

Thud.
sorry, can you repeat that? Mt hearing has deteriorated with age.
Damn, didn't want to reveal that!
I'm being fitted with a pair of digital hearing aids :-)

smugly

Mary
~Ah Mary, I have them, a bit improvement, but nothing is as good as good
hearing! :-(

No, but I'm fed up of asking, "what did s/he say?" at the theatre or
watching a son's telly when everyone else laughs ... I'm also fed up of
asking people not to turn away or cover their mouths with their hands
when they speak. I don't lip read but need to have a shape to the sounds.

Shakespeare was right:

"Last scene of all, That ends this strange eventful history, Is second
childishness and mere oblivion, Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans
everything."

In fact my taste and smell are still very good and not *everything* else
has gone. But he didn't mention the pain of arthritis nor the breakdown
of other bodily systems which beset us :-(

It's being so cheerful as keeps me going!

(not Shakespeare!)

Mary

Sadly Mary I find mine are of little help in the theatre, (the loop system
is poor, to me) films or TV, subtitles are a blessing. One really, really
big plus is bird song, wonderful, let no one tell you there are not as
many birds about, I can never remember hearing so many! :-))

When I got my digital aids, I couldn't believe the sounds I could hear!

Alan

Old 09-10-2006, 11:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

No apology needed. At a future date someone will advise on how to rid
digital hearing aids of Greenfly and soil:-)

:-)

Dont put your head on the ground!

Alan

Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these words:

No apology needed. At a future date someone will advise on how to rid
digital hearing aids of Greenfly and soil:-)

:-)

John cleans them out with the little pokey cleaner that comes with
the digital hearing aid.

I didn't get a pokey thing with my digital aids, but then mine are NHS!

Alan

Janet

Old 09-10-2006, 11:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BoyPete" wrote in message
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
"JennyC" typed

That's OK Mary :~)
A lot of us are getting older and it's good to be prepared :~)
Jenny

Ummm... How many of us *aren't* getting older?

Do they have a Time Machine I could borrow?

I'm not

You're not what, a time machine?

Alan

--
ßôyþëtë

Old 09-10-2006, 11:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
"JennyC" typed

That's OK Mary :~)
A lot of us are getting older and it's good to be prepared :~)
Jenny

Ummm... How many of us *aren't* getting older?

I'm getting older every day, at least I think so, can't be sure of anything
these days!

Alan

Do they have a Time Machine I could borrow?

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

I mash roughly with a fork then finish with a small electric hand held
beater. Smooth fluffy mash with no lumps, and no need for a dedicated
bit of equipment

But you can't use either in my Circulon pans :-(

What's a Circulon pan?

As the man said, if you don't know you can't afford one!

Mary

Old 10-10-2006, 11:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\)" contains these
words:

No apology needed. At a future date someone will advise on how to rid
digital hearing aids of Greenfly and soil:-)

:-)

John cleans them out with the little pokey cleaner that comes with
the digital hearing aid.

I didn't get a pokey thing with my digital aids, but then mine are NHS!

So is his. You've been shortchanged if the NHS didn't supply you with
a free pokey thing :-)

I'll remember to ask tomorrow, if they don't give me one!

Mary

Janet

Old 10-10-2006, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:39:07 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

I use a 'frozen food delivered to your doorstep' service and they had a
new
product last month : potatoes !!!

In the shape of chips?

Martin

NO - boiled !!!
Jenny

Old 26-11-2006, 12:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"Alan Holmes" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

I mash roughly with a fork then finish with a small electric hand held
beater. Smooth fluffy mash with no lumps, and no need for a dedicated
bit of equipment

But you can't use either in my Circulon pans :-(

What's a Circulon pan?

As the man said, if you don't know you can't afford one!

I thought that was what the RR seller said when he was asked how much is it!

I know, late again!

Alan

Mary

Disposal of lawn moss? Broadback United Kingdom 25 18-03-2010 05:43 PM
Naff or chic? David in Normandy[_6_] United Kingdom 16 14-01-2008 02:23 PM
New House - Naff Lawn! Kevin Smith United Kingdom 5 31-05-2006 12:32 PM
Brush Disposal Beerbuoy Texas 2 01-08-2003 04:04 AM
Safe disposal of defunct HPS lamps? Jonathan Sachs Gardening 0 08-02-2003 05:43 PM