Old 16-04-2003, 08:56 PM
Ophelia

Default cat problems, again

"Bob H" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
its not just the urine that the cats do, but leaving turds as well,

and then
attempting to cover them up, which does really pong after a short while.
For the moment, I am trying a cure given in the link from Ophelia above.

That is
pushing in short (pea) sticks about every 8/10 inches in the "pooing"

areas along my
borders.
I'll give that a week or so, and then review the situation

I have already planted some Pyra..... something or other plants ( the ones

with
coloured berries and thorns), just last backend, so we'll see how they

work out

...cantha?

Let me know how the pea sticks work would you please?

Old 16-04-2003, 08:56 PM
David D Stretch

In message , Bob H
writes
Thanks for the information.
I would be interested to know where you bought your battery operated
scarer, as a
mains operated one is not raelly an option.

I got it from B&Q.

--
David D Stretch: Stoke-on-Trent, UK.
Old 16-04-2003, 10:44 PM
Snowman

"Peter James" wrote in message
On Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:14:53 +0100, "Bob H"
wrote:

I was interested to read that it is not against the law
to shoot them, but of course the RSPCA would undoubtedly sue you for
cruelty to an animal. I wonder how the defence of claiming that you
were putting the little sods out of their misery would go down in
Court. Or maybe that you were protecting your property from nuisance
and destruction.

You sick minded, heartless individual. Why don't you advocate shooting dogs
for messing the footpath, or perhaps have a pop at the owners. Or shoot
birds in the garden because they mess on the car. Better still go and live
in another country where you can be really cruel to animals. The RSPCA have
a hard enough time without your sort advocating cruelty to animals.

Peter.

Old 16-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Snowman say...

wrote:

I was interested to read that it is not against the law
to shoot them, but of course the RSPCA would undoubtedly sue you for
cruelty to an animal. I wonder how the defence of claiming that you
were putting the little sods out of their misery would go down in
Court. Or maybe that you were protecting your property from nuisance
and destruction.

You sick minded, heartless individual. Why don't you advocate shooting dogs
for messing the footpath, or perhaps have a pop at the owners. Or shoot
birds in the garden because they mess on the car. Better still go and live
in another country where you can be really cruel to animals. The RSPCA have
a hard enough time without your sort advocating cruelty to animals.

Can I shoot the kids who keep breaking my fence, chucking stones through
my windows and knocking my water butts over?
--
Fenny
Spike: The truth is - I like this world. You've got dog racing,
Old 17-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Peter James

wrote:

I was interested to read that it is not against the law
to shoot them, but of course the RSPCA would undoubtedly sue you for
cruelty to an animal. I wonder how the defence of claiming that you
were putting the little sods out of their misery would go down in
Court. Or maybe that you were protecting your property from nuisance
and destruction.

You sick minded, heartless individual. Why don't you advocate shooting dogs
for messing the footpath, or perhaps have a pop at the owners. Or shoot
birds in the garden because they mess on the car. Better still go and live
in another country where you can be really cruel to animals. The RSPCA have
a hard enough time without your sort advocating cruelty to animals.

Listen Dipstick. I own a dog, and very fond of it I am too. I also
clean up after her when taking her for walks. I ensure that she does
not crap in other peoples gardens or in public places. And if you cat
owners would do the same I would have no complaint. But unfortunately
you don't. You let your little horrors run wild crapping and ****ing
where ever they want without thought in your brains that your
neighbours might object.
And why? What gives a cat owner the right to act in this way? Why
should they not be constained in the way that any animal owner is.
As far as I am concerned cats can do what they want, when they want,
as long as it's not in my garden. When it is, they take their
chances!

-
Peter James
Change AT to @ to reply

Old 17-04-2003, 08:32 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Peter James say...
Can I shoot the kids who keep breaking my fence, chucking stones through
my windows and knocking my water butts over?

No, but you do have recourse to the law, so take it. And in the
meantime keep your cat out of my garden!

Even though my next door neighbour is a policeman, it's highly uunlikely
that the law would take much action even if I had proof of who was
causing the damage.

Your assumption that I own a cat and your antagonistic manner are not
particularly helpful. Personally, I find dog-owners to be the major
cause of turds on the grass around my house.
--
Fenny
Health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.
Old 17-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Fenny k wrote:

... Personally, I find dog-owners to be the major
cause of turds on the grass around my house.

And not their dogs? Boggle. You DO have problem neighbours!

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 17-04-2003, 08:44 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Nick Maclaren say...
In article ,
Fenny k wrote:

... Personally, I find dog-owners to be the major
cause of turds on the grass around my house.

And not their dogs? Boggle. You DO have problem neighbours!

Either the dogs are out unaccompanied, or the owners are not clearing up
after them. The dogs are merely doing what comes naturally.
--
Fenny
AI programmers only think they do it
Old 17-04-2003, 11:32 PM
shazzbat

"Bob H" wrote in message
Hi,
I know this question has been asked before, but I can't recall the

answers given.

On both borders, front and back, between my property and my next door

neighbour, cats
are using them as toilets.

I have tried a couple of types of pellets, can't remember what the names

are now, and
now I am trying water in clear plastic containers. That seemed to have

worked so so,
for a short while, but this evening I have found that it no longer stops

the cats
from doing thier bussiness.

Any other possible solutions?

The pellets you need are .22

Old 17-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Stuart Finn

you *******

Old 17-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Bob H

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Bob H" wrote in message
.. .
Hi,
its not just the urine that the cats do, but leaving turds as well,

and then
attempting to cover them up, which does really pong after a short while.
For the moment, I am trying a cure given in the link from Ophelia above.

That is
pushing in short (pea) sticks about every 8/10 inches in the "pooing"

areas along my
borders.
I'll give that a week or so, and then review the situation

I have already planted some Pyra..... something or other plants ( the ones

with
coloured berries and thorns), just last backend, so we'll see how they

work out

..cantha?

Let me know how the pea sticks work would you please?

Hi Ophelia,
yes Pyrocantha plants
I will indeed let you know how they work out.
I'll post back here in a week or so'ish.

--
Bob H
Leeds UK

---

Old 17-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Bob H

"shazzbat" wrote in message

"Bob H" wrote in message
Hi,
I know this question has been asked before, but I can't recall the

answers given.

On both borders, front and back, between my property and my next door

neighbour, cats
are using them as toilets.

I have tried a couple of types of pellets, can't remember what the names

are now, and
now I am trying water in clear plastic containers. That seemed to have

worked so so,
for a short while, but this evening I have found that it no longer stops

the cats
from doing thier bussiness.

Any other possible solutions?

The pellets you need are .22

Nice one:-)

I do have another possible cure, but that is also not legal........asprins in milk
--
Bob H
Leeds UK

---

Old 17-04-2003, 11:56 PM
Fenny

Previously on Buffy the Vampire Slayer ^W^W^W^W uk.rec.gardening, I
heard Bob H say...
Any other possible solutions?

The pellets you need are .22

Nice one:-)

I do have another possible cure, but that is also not legal........asprins in milk

And if anyone suggested doing this to dogs, or mentioned the effects on
other wildlife, like hedgehogs, you'd probably think they were cruel,
heartless and stupid.

Cats and dogs do what is natural for cats and dogs. It is humans who
seem to find this a problem. What about foxes or deer crapping in the
garden or ruining the plants?
--
Fenny
"The Man's obviously got a blockage in his frivolous region."
Old 18-04-2003, 12:08 AM
Snowman

"Fenny" k wrote in
message ...

Your assumption that I own a cat and your antagonistic manner are not
particularly helpful. Personally, I find dog-owners to be the major
cause of turds on the grass around my house.
--

And along the path to the Junior school, and on the playing field on the
park...

Is a animal chaser/cat utrasonic cat deterrent harmful? [email protected] United Kingdom 3 21-04-2015 09:40 AM
Cat Problems kimby United Kingdom 12 27-04-2006 07:42 PM
Cat poo ( Cats again) Burl Gardening 5 25-05-2003 06:56 PM
Re cat problems Bob H United Kingdom 0 04-05-2003 08:08 PM