Old 11-01-2008, 10:12 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommended viewing: BBC3 - Kill It, Cook It, Eat It returns this time the killing of infant animals as young as three week

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

Seriously the only thing that stops you driving onto some beaches is the
sea
walls and they leave access roads down for the cockle fishermen

It is not uncommon for someone to polish up a plough in spring by
ploughing
an acre of beach, just to get a shine.

See, plenty of opportunity for a bbq!

checkmate...

is that what you call it at high tide in the rain ;-)
With the wind coming in off the sea

Jim Webster

Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

Jim Webster writes

Oz

See, plenty of opportunity for a bbq!

checkmate...

is that what you call it at high tide

its not high tide for long.

in the rain ;-)

Even with you, it doesn't rain all the time.
I check you out regularly on the radar!

With the wind coming
in off the sea

A cooling breeze.

--
Oz

Old 11-01-2008, 11:45 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

"Oz" wrote in message
Jim Webster writes

Oz

See, plenty of opportunity for a bbq!

checkmate...

is that what you call it at high tide

its not high tide for long.

very flat beach on Morecambe bay, ;-))

in the rain ;-)

Even with you, it doesn't rain all the time.
I check you out regularly on the radar!

that's true, sometimes we don't have rain, and sometimes we even have days
when we see the sun.

With the wind coming
in off the sea

A cooling breeze.

Whose benefits are mainly to keep the cloud moving.
Actually rain does come in with the tide, which seems bizarre but there may
even be an explanation

Jim Webster

Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

"Malcolm" wrote in message

It is not uncommon for someone to polish up a plough in spring by
ploughing
an acre of beach, just to get a shine.

Yes, one or two farmers here do that, leading to the inevitable questions
from visitors about the furrows in the sand, leading to the inevitable
straight-faced accounts of experimental crops by the locals :-))

of course, it is for planting GM crops designed especially to be low profile
to avoid activists (we hide them under salt water when anyone is looking
;-))

Jim Webster

Old 11-01-2008, 12:06 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture, uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommended viewing: BBC3 - Kill It, Cook It, Eat It returns thistime the killing of infant animals as young as three weeks!

On 9 Jan, 14:25, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Adenoid Hynkel.
writes

Open your eyes it's a big world out there and was long before Mr Tesco
came along. Vegetables are the easiest thing in the world to grow.

Ha! You've never had to grow onions in my raised beds then ...
and cauliflower's aren't much easier, in fact I don't bother any more.
And which vegetables apart from beans which can play havoc with your
digestion if eaten in quantities will provide protein, I mean the ones
in the UK?

IME it isn't the growing things that's the problem, it's getting the
chance to be the first one to eat them...

Old 11-01-2008, 12:27 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:46:56 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Malcolm" wrote in message

It is not uncommon for someone to polish up a plough in spring by
ploughing
an acre of beach, just to get a shine.

Yes, one or two farmers here do that, leading to the inevitable questions
from visitors about the furrows in the sand, leading to the inevitable
straight-faced accounts of experimental crops by the locals :-))

of course, it is for planting GM crops designed especially to be low profile
to avoid activists (we hide them under salt water when anyone is looking

Is that like the Royal We? cos you sure as hell don't do any farming,
and going by your acting here you wouldn't have a clue about crops
anyway!

Stick to buying and selling freezer food!

--

My greatest speech to the peasants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7LWuP0T7Q

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to

England / Angelic Upstarts

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
In the way that your forefathers tell
And never a country has been so great
The stories Britannia could tell

I never want to live my life
Away from the golden shores
There's never a country in the world
With the scent of an English rose

England oh England a country so great
A land that's so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red the white and the blue

Whenever you go to a far off land
There's something goes with you
The pride and the joy and the love that comes
For your mother of red white and blue

You could never be born under a flag that's like
The one of the Union Jack
St.Georges spirit has never died
It all keeps coming back
Old 11-01-2008, 01:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Oz
writes

Most farmers are somewhat unkeen on random bbq's happening on their
land. However a nice park is ideal, plenty of space for the kids and you
can invite lots of people. Its just a somewhat upmarket picnic after
all.

Not if you burn the grass it isn't or put one on the cricket pitch like
so teenagers did to our local park last year!
Not sure that global warming has reached the areas of Britain that I
know to allow barbecues being hawked around whilst you look for a place
to plant it, plus all the barbecue stuff like cups, glasses, plates,
cooking utensils and the food!
Dragging that lot to a public place would be a nightmare.
Are you actually in Britain?

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy