Old 08-01-2008, 11:10 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture, uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommended viewing: BBC3 - Kill It, Cook It, Eat It returns thistime the killing of infant animals as young as three weeks!

Humans are omnivores. I, for one, do not intend to quibble with the
designer (omnipotent or darwinian)

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:10:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Humans are omnivores. I, for one, do not intend to quibble with the
designer (omnipotent or darwinian)

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.

Quite, and I'm a vegetarian. If it came down to me or a fluffy bunny,
sorry bunny you're going to die, assuming I can catch it...

--
Cheers

Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 08-01-2008, 05:27 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:01:26 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:10:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Humans are omnivores. I, for one, do not intend to quibble with the
designer (omnipotent or darwinian)

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.

Quite, and I'm a vegetarian. If it came down to me or a fluffy bunny,
sorry bunny you're going to die,

It's not down to you or bunny though is it! There is plenty of lovely
veggie food choice, and simply no need to eat animals. So why do it?

--

My greatest speech to the peasants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7LWuP0T7Q

pam the SPAMMERS send an email to

England / Angelic Upstarts

The red in the flag is the blood that was spilt
In the way that your forefathers tell
And never a country has been so great
The stories Britannia could tell

I never want to live my life
Away from the golden shores
There's never a country in the world
With the scent of an English rose

England oh England a country so great
A land that's so fair and so true
There'll never be any colours like
The red the white and the blue

Whenever you go to a far off land
There's something goes with you
The pride and the joy and the love that comes
For your mother of red white and blue

You could never be born under a flag that's like
The one of the Union Jack
St.Georges spirit has never died
It all keeps coming back
Old 09-01-2008, 12:20 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

In article et,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:10:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Humans are omnivores. I, for one, do not intend to quibble with the
designer (omnipotent or darwinian)

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.

Quite, and I'm a vegetarian. If it came down to me or a fluffy bunny,
sorry bunny you're going to die, assuming I can catch it...

Assuming it's burrowing and you can track it to the burrow then, if you're
patient enough (or hungry enough) to wait a few hours over the hole you can
often grab them by hand.

Cheerio,

--

http://www.farm-direct.co.uk/

Old 09-01-2008, 01:23 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:27:48 +0000, Adenoid Hynkel . wrote:

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.

Quite, and I'm a vegetarian. If it came down to me or a fluffy bunny,
sorry bunny you're going to die,

It's not down to you or bunny though is it!

Read what I wrote "*If* it came down.to me or fluffy bunny...". I don't
eat dead animals if I can avoid it but have no qualms about killing and
eating an animal if I had to.

There is plenty of lovely veggie food choice,

True enough provided the supermarket still has it on the shelves... If
they don't I won't last very long on a diet of grass, the rabbits do
though and I'll live a lot longer eating rabbit than grass.

and simply no need to eat animals. So why do it?

I don't as rule but would if I had to.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 09-01-2008, 07:17 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

Derek Moody writes

Assuming it's burrowing and you can track it to the burrow then, if you're
patient enough (or hungry enough) to wait a few hours over the hole you can
often grab them by hand.

Snares reputedly work well. Been in use for 10's of thousands of years.

--
Oz

Old 09-01-2008, 08:38 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 9 Jan 2008 00:20:18 +0000, Derek Moody
wrote:

In article et,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 03:10:03 -0800 (PST), wrote:

Humans are omnivores. I, for one, do not intend to quibble with the
designer (omnipotent or darwinian)

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.

Quite, and I'm a vegetarian. If it came down to me or a fluffy bunny,
sorry bunny you're going to die, assuming I can catch it...

Assuming it's burrowing and you can track it to the burrow then, if you're
patient enough (or hungry enough) to wait a few hours over the hole you can
often grab them by hand.

You don't need to so why bother!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:41 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:23:54 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jan 2008 17:27:48 +0000, Adenoid Hynkel . wrote:

I suggest you get over it, and find something else to worry about.

Quite, and I'm a vegetarian. If it came down to me or a fluffy bunny,
sorry bunny you're going to die,

It's not down to you or bunny though is it!

Read what I wrote "*If* it came down.to me or fluffy bunny...". I don't
eat dead animals if I can avoid it but have no qualms about killing and
eating an animal if I had to.

In the UK we don't need to so there is no *if*!

There is plenty of lovely veggie food choice,

True enough provided the supermarket still has it on the shelves... If
they don't I won't last very long on a diet of grass, the rabbits do
though and I'll live a lot longer eating rabbit than grass.

Does it not shame you to think in a time of crisis you'd die without a
supermarket shelf!

Open your eyes it's a big world out there and was long before Mr Tesco
came along. Vegetables are the easiest thing in the world to grow.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:18 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

In article , Oz
wrote:
Derek Moody writes

Assuming it's burrowing and you can track it to the burrow then, if you're
patient enough (or hungry enough) to wait a few hours over the hole you can
often grab them by hand.

Snares reputedly work well. Been in use for 10's of thousands of years.

I haven't used them for years. Used to get a few that way as a lad. Maybe
I should make some more but atm I don't have anywhere to set them...

Cheerio,

--

http://www.farm-direct.co.uk/

Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 09 Jan 2008 08:41:15 +0000, Adenoid Hynkel . wrote:

Read what I wrote "*If* it came down.to me or fluffy bunny...". I don't
eat dead animals if I can avoid it but have no qualms about killing and
eating an animal if I had to.

In the UK we don't need to so there is no *if*!

No if? I'll remind you of that when the oil runs out or there are more
fuel protests (not that the government will *ever* let that happen again).

Does it not shame you to think in a time of crisis you'd die without a
supermarket shelf!

No I wouldn't die, 'cause I'd eat the rabbits, of which there are hundreds
of the little buggers about round here.

Open your eyes it's a big world out there and was long before Mr Tesco
came along. Vegetables are the easiest thing in the world to grow.

Not in the middle of winter. Fine if you have plenty of warning that Mr
Tesco is going to have "supply problems" and can plan roughly a year in
advance and have enough suitable land available to plant.

I think you need to open your eyes to how close to the edge modern western
society is in regards to food and energy supplies. It's all "just in time"
the operative word being just.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 PM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

In article , Adenoid Hynkel.
writes

Open your eyes it's a big world out there and was long before Mr Tesco
came along. Vegetables are the easiest thing in the world to grow.

Ha! You've never had to grow onions in my raised beds then ...
and cauliflower's aren't much easier, in fact I don't bother any more.
And which vegetables apart from beans which can play havoc with your
digestion if eaten in quantities will provide protein, I mean the ones
in the UK?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 10-01-2008, 02:33 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

Quoting from message
posted on 9 Jan 2008 by Derek Moody
I would like to add:

In article , Oz
wrote:
Derek Moody writes

Assuming it's burrowing and you can track it to the burrow then, if you're
patient enough (or hungry enough) to wait a few hours over the hole you can
often grab them by hand.

Snares reputedly work well. Been in use for 10's of thousands of years.

I haven't used them for years. Used to get a few that way as a lad. Maybe
I should make some more but atm I don't have anywhere to set them...

Jones used to shoot them but with all the post Dunblane licensing regs
he's ceased his certificates - firearms and shotgun, too many knee
jerk regs.

--
..ElaineJ. Visit Jones' Pages at http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/ejones
..Virtual. Corwen, North Wales; Steam Traction, with feature on
Old 10-01-2008, 07:44 AM posted to uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.gardening

Default Recommended viewing: BBC3 - Kill It, Cook It, Eat It returns this time the killing of infant animals as young as three week

Jim Webster writes
yes, when you look at how much reserve stock is available in some towns, two
or three days cut off with snow would be a major issue

Hmmm...

More true than one would want to know about. Few people store more than
a few days of anything. Stocks of dried foods (flour, pulses etc) are
often zero these days.

A situation where vast areas of the country were cut off (eg 1963) would
actually be life threatening on a mass scale.

Also, people seem to hoard-buy things like bread rather than dried
foods.

--
Oz