Old 05-12-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:

My daughter knows former student friends who can't get enough rent to pay the
mortgage on houses bought 2 or 3 years ago
--

Martin
Serves them right, their greed, the banks wiliness to lend 100% mortgages and the "buy to let hype" is what caused the problem and the rapid house price inflation (30% pa in London before the crisis) in the first place.

The trouble is people have short memories, and no doubt the cycle will repeat it's self again in a few years time.

Negative equity is only a problem if you need to sell, otherwise it will eventually come back to what you paid for it.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Has this ......

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Judith in France wrote
On Dec 4, 8:59 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
On Dec 4, 7:35 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these
words:

On Dec 4, 12:52 pm, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message
from Gordon H contains
these words:
In message , 'Mike'
writes
..... ""recession"" hit you or is it all media hype?

Do you know anybody who has been hit by this ""recession""? HOW?

It's terrible.
I received an extra £50 winter heating allowance on top of last
year's £200, and I get an extra £60 in January as an advance on
my next pension increase, due in April.
It's grim up North.

'Appen.

On the down side, savings interest has been slashed, and is due
to be reduced again today, so my savings income will be down, I
should have swapped more into that 1 year fixed rate ISA and made
it for 2 or 3 years.

Savings?

My house is down about £15-£20 grand in value since last year,
but I'm not selling...

NMTAAAW

It would suit me very nicely if Xmas was cancelled of course.

Ah. smug When I see something christmaspresentworthy during the
year, I pounce, so I have a big box of stuff all ready to wrap by
Christmas.

This year I shall have prombles finding enough recipients innit.

--
Rusty
Direct reply to: horrid dot squeak snailything zetnet point co

Fishing, issit?

--
Rusty
Direct reply to: horrid dot squeak snailything zetnet point co
period uk Separator in search of a sig

Yesitt!

Judith

wotssitt?
--
Pete C
London UK

My prezziett!

Judith

Or, as my nieces used to say when their seafaring father arrived home
with presents...

Gizzitt!

--
Kate B

PS 'elvira' is spamtrapped - please reply to 'elviraspam' at cockaigne dot org dot uk if you
want to reply personally
Old 05-12-2008, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 5, 10:07 am, Kate Brown wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Judith in France wrote

On Dec 4, 8:59 pm, "Pete C" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

wrote:
[...]

I can do Gizzit and wassit? I will be seeing my three year old
Grandson on Wednesday next week, he runs to the door when he hears my
car arrive, he stands there jumping up and down and calling me, I run
to him and put out my arms - he avoids them and asks, "What you got
me?" :-)

Judith
Old 05-12-2008, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Dec 5, 1:06 pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 03:55:28 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Dec 5, 10:07 am, Kate Brown wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Judith in France wrote

On Dec 4, 8:59 pm, "Pete C" wrote:

Old 05-12-2008, 02:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

what has this to do with gardenin???????????????

"'Mike'" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
..... ""recession"" hit you or is it all media hype?

Do you know anybody who has been hit by this ""recession""? HOW?

Mike

--
.

Old 05-12-2008, 02:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

I can do Gizzit and wassit? I will be seeing my three year old
Grandson on Wednesday next week, he runs to the door when he hears my
car arrive, he stands there jumping up and down and calling me, I run
to him and put out my arms - he avoids them and asks, "What you got
me?" :-)

Answer:

look="innocent"

"A hug for you. Why, what were you expecting?"

/look

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
..
"News Individual" wrote in message
what has this to do with gardenin???????????????

Nothing really, but lots of people use this newsgroup for chat and gossip
which is no way related to gardening. It's used as a public email and
communications service.

Stick around and watch :-)

""Pop in and see me if you are in the area""
""How's your holiday?""
""When I was in .................................""
""Anybody know .... (and then follows a question, just like mine, nothing to
do with gardening) ;-))

:-))

Have a nice day

Kindest regards

Mike

Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:
Judith in France wrote:

LOL I can speak in Gaelic also Martin!!! All Grannies are eejits where
their grandchildren are concerned. My daughter says I have had a
brain transplant as she cannot remember me being so indulgent with
her.

I absolutely refute that statement.

And I for one, believe you.

/sninks behind armour-plated gazebo/

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:

LOL I can speak in Gaelic also Martin!!! All Grannies are
eejits where
their grandchildren are concerned. My daughter says I have had a
brain transplant as she cannot remember me being so indulgent with
her.

I absolutely refute that statement.

And I for one, believe you.

Why wouldn't you? You've "known" me long enough...

Whilst I would never deny my grandchildren _anything_
they really _needed_ we always try to determine first the
difference between "needing" and "wanting", then we
discuss what they are going to do to actually _earn_ it.

Good policy.

I feel children appreciate better anything they have actually
worked for... Hence I've had, over the years, a constant
stream of willing helpers in the garden and the greenhouse...

Hmmm.
thinks
Now that fishing book I have for Willum's Chrimblepressie:
I need someone light who can use a nammer and nails on a corrugated
uvPVC dhed roof...
/thinks

/sninks behind armour-plated gazebo/

"Gazebo"? Wouldn't have thought you'd have much use
for one of _them_!

Rotates on a base innit. Follows the sun to keep the plants within
nicely warmed and lit, or in time of emergency, turns right round to
reveal a howitzer and twin MMGs

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 07-12-2008, 12:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Rusty_Hinge wrote:
Anne Welsh Jackson wrote:

"Gazebo"? Wouldn't have thought you'd have much use
for one of _them_!

Rotates on a base innit. Follows the sun to keep the plants within
nicely warmed and lit, or in time of emergency, turns right round
to reveal a howitzer and twin MMGs

Look after it well! You never know when that secondary utility
might come in handy, to repel boarders! ;-))

Aye. It's covering my fruit-laden boundary bed - well, fruit-laden in
the summer.

(Had the last few autumn raspberries last week, and there are still a
few brave alpine strawberries...)

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig

What has wings -- and digs??? Anne Lurie North Carolina 4 24-08-2003 04:02 AM
Today Elinor has mostly been planting peas..... Chris French and Helen Johnson United Kingdom 8 26-03-2003 06:08 PM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 2 30-01-2003 12:44 PM
has the FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 1 30-01-2003 12:41 PM
has the rec.ponds FAQ gone AWOL? Snooze Ponds 0 30-01-2003 05:56 AM