Old 23-01-2009, 09:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default fear of the unknown? rather OT

On Jan 23, 5:57*pm, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 09:32:11 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jan 23, 12:49*pm, wrote:
In article ,

Sacha wrote:
On 23/1/09 10:56, in article
, "Judith in
France" wrote:

That's an idea. *I should prefer one that says "Baby on toast" :-)

Wotchit feller. *You're talking to a doting granny here! *;-)

You hold him down, I'll kick him! *:-)

You're on!

Ooh-err, as Kenneth Williams would say.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Don't fret Darling, I wear kid gloves :-)

No kidding? The iron fist in a velvet glove!
--

Martin

And the size four shoe with a metal cap!

Judith
Old 24-01-2009, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/1/09 21:10, in article
, "Judith
in France" wrote:

On Jan 23, 6:58*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 23/1/09 17:31, in article
, "Judithin
France" wrote:

snip

There is not a
glimmer of a bulb coming through here, nor a snowdrop, by the the they
do appear, I am into growing my bedding plants for the summer.

That reminds me Sacha said last year that I possibly may be able to
order from wholesalers, plug plants, if I require them in sufficient
number, coooooeeeeeee, come in Sacha?

Judith

Is that snowdrops, Judith? *The best way is to plant them 'in the green', so
if you need loads, a wholesaler could be your best bet. * *We have them out
now in the garden and saw about 5' of the bottom of a hedge just covered in
them in the lanes today.
--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon

No, plug bedding plants. The seeds in France leave something to be
desired, did I tell you I got some packets completely empty!!!

Judith

I'm not at all sure I recognise what you're talking about so I think I'm
confused. As to snowdrops, we get thousands delivered here from an estate
'down the road' and we bundle them up in wet newspaper and sell them for
around £3.00 a bundle and there will be dozens in there. If you want
snowdrops in the green you have to find someone doing that near you in
France or someone who will despatch them pdq once flowering is over.
Plug bedding plants - well, hmmmmmmmmm. Unless you're talking in hundreds
don't even think about it because you have to buy a lot and also you have to
have a greenhouse in which to bring them on to bedding out size. The worst
mistake is to buy plugs and think they can go straight into the ground. Our
plugs go into hanging baskets or into 7cm or 9cm pots or, if they grow on,
into 1l pots. They certainly don't go into the garden.

Old 24-01-2009, 04:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:10:23 -0800 (PST), Judith in France
wrote:

No, plug bedding plants. The seeds in France leave something to be
desired, did I tell you I got some packets completely empty!!!

Is that Suttons?

Silly girl. The packets have tiny hermetically sealed packs inside
them with the actual seeds in! ;-)

You know, - like the blue salt packets in crisps.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply
Old 24-01-2009, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 10:55:25 +0100, Martin wrote:

Can't remember if I've said it here before but we tried very hard (and
failed) to find the sticker we saw on the back of a truck
"Insured by Smith & Wesson". ;-))

You can get it here, Sacha.
http://www.bumpertalk.com/bumpertalk/BC050A.html

How clever of you! I'll try to find that though I shall probably be hauled
up by the local police for having threatening literature on my wind screen.
There's another I want to find to counteract the 'baby on board' ones, which
says 'Pasty on board'. ;-)

Seems American women stick their pasties on some odd places.

TMI

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°¹
Old 24-01-2009, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15 Jan, 16:49, Klara wrote:

But when she put up BEWARE AGAPANTHUS, no one dared come near.'

You wouldn't want to get between a wild agapanthus and it's
offspring...

Old 24-01-2009, 06:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22 Jan, 23:09, Sacha wrote:
my son - when he became a father - explained to us that
the reason for the stickers is to warn police and rescuers that there is,
indeed, a baby on board, if there's an accident. *

..... and that is why you should take them down when the baby isn't on
board...
Old 24-01-2009, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Le Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:10:23 -0800 (PST), Judith in France a utilisé son
clavier pour dire :

The seeds in France leave something to be
desired, did I tell you I got some packets completely empty!!!

From ?
--
Salut la compagnie

Mon Beau Jardin est derrière La Grille Verte
http://www.la-grille-verte.net
Old 24-01-2009, 09:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24 Jan, 19:57, Neuneu le Jardinier
wrote:
From ?

Tu m'as pris mon mot ;o)
Old 26-01-2009, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23 Jan, 23:13, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:10:23 -0800 (PST), Judith in France

wrote:
On Jan 23, 6:58*pm, Sacha wrote:
On 23/1/09 17:31, in article
, "Judithin France" wrote:

[...]

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Nah, replied in another thread.

Judith
Old 26-01-2009, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Le Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:10:23 -0800 (PST), Judith in France a utilisé son
clavier pour dire :

The seeds in France leave something to be
desired, did I tell you I got some packets completely empty!!!

From ?
--
Salut la compagnie

Mon Beau Jardin est derrière La Grille Vertehttp://www.la-grille-verte.net

I think it was Gamm Verte in Issoire, Puy de Dome.

Judith

Old 26-01-2009, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Le Fri, 23 Jan 2009 13:10:23 -0800 (PST), Judith in France a utilisé son
clavier pour dire :

The seeds in France leave something to be
desired, did I tell you I got some packets completely empty!!!

From ?
--
Salut la compagnie

Mon Beau Jardin est derrière La Grille Vertehttp://www.la-grille-verte.net

In Issoire, Puy de Dome. I think it was Gamme Verte but it could have
been from a nursery in Haute Loire, I live in garden places and always
buy something. I cn't make up my mind whether I would like to be
locked into a library overnight or a nursery? BTW I love the gates
on your site.

Judith
Old 01-02-2009, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:
"Roy Norris" wrote in message

What would be readers dire warning to trespassers?

Beware of billy goat or beware of geese. Either works well ;-)

__
| ||
|¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯||
| ACHTUNG! ||
| ___ ||
| / \ ||
| ( ) ||
| (0 0) ||
| ( " ||
| \=| ||
| ¯ ||
| MINEN! ||
| ||
|_________________________|/
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
| ||
\ | ||
\|||| /\
\\|||//
"""""""""""""""

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 01-02-2009, 05:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Sacha contains these words:
On 22/1/09 21:50, in article ,
" wrote:
In article ,
Sacha wrote:

How clever of you! I'll try to find that though I shall probably
be hauled
up by the local police for having threatening literature on my wind
screen.
There's another I want to find to counteract the 'baby on board'
ones, which
says 'Pasty on board'. ;-)

That's an idea. I should prefer one that says "Baby on toast" :-)

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Wotchit feller. You're talking to a doting granny here! ;-)

Quite! A baby is not just for Christmas...

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 01-02-2009, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from Judith in France contains these words:
On Jan 23, 12:49*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Sacha wrote:
On 23/1/09 10:56, in article
,
"Judith in
France" wrote:

That's an idea. *I should prefer one that says "Baby on toast" :-)

Wotchit feller. *You're talking to a doting granny here! *;-)

You hold him down, I'll kick him! *:-)

You're on!

Ooh-err, as Kenneth Williams would say.

Don't fret Darling, I wear kid gloves :-)

On your feet?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig
Old 01-02-2009, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 1 Feb, 17:17, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from Judith in France contains these words:

On Jan 23, 12:49*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Sacha wrote:
On 23/1/09 10:56, in article
,
"Judith in
France" wrote:

That's an idea. *I should prefer one that says "Baby on toast" :-)

Wotchit feller. *You're talking to a doting granny here! *;-)

You hold him down, I'll kick him! *:-)

You're on!

Ooh-err, as Kenneth Williams would say.

Don't fret Darling, I wear kid gloves :-)

On your feet?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig- Hide quoted text -

LOL bises Rusty

Judith

she'd rather fear simply than attempt with Jay's upper kettle [email protected] United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:11 PM
seeded lawn rather patchy weed Lawns 7 01-06-2005 06:16 PM
[IBC] Bonsai or rather Penjing in Beijing Henrik Gistvall Bonsai 1 17-01-2004 05:13 PM
Rain rather than host waterings Rick McGreal United Kingdom 10 06-06-2003 07:20 PM
Can anyone recommend a good plant to use in rather strange circumstances [email protected] United Kingdom 5 29-03-2003 04:56 AM