Old 04-02-2009, 11:04 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default snowdrops on line

On 4/2/09 08:25, in article ,
"Aries" wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:27:42 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:26:48 +0000, Sacha wrote:

[9 quoted lines suppressed]

wait for it.
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...58&pf_id=DD487
5D
"Sale price reduced from £25"
plus £4.95 p&p

swoon

Just had a browse on that site - some interesting things on offer including
this heated body warmer!
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=DD4686D

I particularly liked the bit about the pink secateurs helping one to 'look
fabulous' in the garden.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 04-02-2009, 11:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
On looking at various sites selling snowdrops I came across this
"Offer"; Greenfingers.com offer 75 single snowdrops for ONLY £16.49 !

I don't sell them online, but I have huge numbers in my large garden -
most of them double ones - and I sell them in pots from the gate at a
competitive price.

At present, of course, they are hidden by snow and I cannot lift them,
but as soon as the snow goes they will be available. Anyone who is
within striking distance of West Berkshire and is interested can e-mail
me for my location.

Roy.
--
Roy Bailey
West Berkshire.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4/2/09 13:04, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:04:47 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 4/2/09 08:25, in article ,
"Aries" wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 17:27:42 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:26:48 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

[9 quoted lines suppressed]

wait for it.
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...0458&pf_id=DD4
87
5D
"Sale price reduced from £25"
plus £4.95 p&p

swoon

Just had a browse on that site - some interesting things on offer including
this heated body warmer!
http://www.greenfingers.com/supersto...&pf_id=DD4686D

I particularly liked the bit about the pink secateurs helping one to 'look
fabulous' in the garden.

LOL

and the Yeoman unisex pink pouch/life jacket one size fits all with matching
Yeoman Pink Kneeler Pad
http://www.caravanbreakersnationwide...g-oven---carav
an-camper-convertion-352-p.asp

This sort of thing reminds me of the man who tried to sell me a car on the
grounds that it was a lovely colour and had a really easy-to-remember number
plate. He was about 30 and I was in my 50s at the time. I need hardly say
that I didn't buy that car or any car from the establishment he graced with
his stupidity.

Old 04-02-2009, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

This sort of thing reminds me of the man who tried to sell me a car on the
grounds that it was a lovely colour and had a really easy-to-remember number
plate. He was about 30 and I was in my 50s at the time. I need hardly say
that I didn't buy that car or any car from the establishment he graced with
his stupidity.

I came very close to being thrown out of the salesroom by one that
got annoyed by my description of all the fancy features, like air
conditioning, central locking as so on, as gimmicks that reduced
the value of the car in my eyes.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 05-02-2009, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote in message
On 3 Feb, 16:39, Sacha wrote:
On 3/2/09 16:27, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:26:48 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

On 3/2/09 14:20, in article ,
"Pam
Moore" wrote:

On looking at various sites selling snowdrops I came across this
"Offer"; Greenfingers.com offer 75 single snowdrops for ONLY £16.49 !

Pam in Bristol

GASP!

wait for it.

http://www.greenfingers.com/superstore/product.asp?dept_id=200458&pf_...

"Sale price reduced from £25"
plus £4.95 p&p

swoon

Good grief - how do they DO that and get away with it? I suppose they have
big staffing overheads or something but I should think we charge about £3
or
£4 for 100 bulbs. I'll have to check I'm not missing something off here
because I'm really quite shocked at that!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online

I think they work on the same principal as the Infamous "Kent County
nurseries" of bygone days did that with 60 million suckers out ther if
you can take each one once who cares about return customers.
Remember their climbing strawberries?
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

I remember their Rosa Rugosa with gritted teeth most people compost their
garden waste rather than posting it.
DerekW

Old 06-02-2009, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in :

In article ,
Sacha wrote:

This sort of thing reminds me of the man who tried to sell me a car on
the grounds that it was a lovely colour and had a really
easy-to-remember number plate. He was about 30 and I was in my 50s at
the time. I need hardly say that I didn't buy that car or any car
from the establishment he graced with his stupidity.

I came very close to being thrown out of the salesroom by one that
got annoyed by my description of all the fancy features, like air
conditioning, central locking as so on, as gimmicks that reduced
the value of the car in my eyes.

I've often wished I had a copy of the ad for the Citreon 2CV
that used to be in Private Eye. It listed many features that
other cars have and the 2CV _didn't_, e.g. electric windows,
burglar alarm, water-cooled engine etc etc. The only feature
it did have was "central locking for doors*"

* all locks can be reached from the drivers seat.

But then I did spend a decade driving an old Land Rover
which had many bits nicked from Minis, a fuel guage
originally calibrated in Roentgens/hour, and one working
windscreen wiper. (As the garage had to agree, the MoT
said that windscreen wipers must work, if they are
fitted).

It didn't unduly phase me when the fuel
tank half fell off (since I just happened to have
suitable bolts on me), nor ditto the engine, since
I had engine mountings on me Ah, the foolhardiness
of youth.

Mind you, it wasn't a bad investment - I sold it for
the same price I paid for it, even after it had been
off the road for 18 months.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 3,
Tom Gardner wrote:

But then I did spend a decade driving an old Land Rover
which had many bits nicked from Minis, a fuel guage
originally calibrated in Roentgens/hour, and one working
windscreen wiper. (As the garage had to agree, the MoT
said that windscreen wipers must work, if they are
fitted).

Hmm. Mile-hours per Roentgen. An interesting unit.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Feb 4, 11:03*am, Sacha wrote:
On 4/2/09 10:26, in article ,

"Martin" wrote:
On Tue, 03 Feb 2009 23:04:35 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 3/2/09 19:16, in article ,
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote:

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

On 3/2/09 14:22, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
om...
On looking at various sites selling snowdrops I came across this
"Offer"; *Greenfingers.com offer 75 single snowdrops for ONLY £16.49 !

Pam in Bristol

I saw your header and I thought this was the latest excuse for trains not
running.

Steve

Nah. *Wrong kind of snowdrop. *;-)

Wrong rays!

Tinfoil hats!

Same as Ray's?

On the very rare occasions he wears a hat, he has a terrible b aseball hat
given him for fun by a US friend. Emblazoned on it is "Everybody Loves
Raymond" after the US tv show!

--
Sachahttp://www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
Perennials & shrubs online

Go on, post a pic of Ray wearing it in the Nursery, please?

Judith

Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam Moore[_2_] View Post
On looking at various sites selling snowdrops I came across this
"Offer"; Greenfingers.com offer 75 single snowdrops for ONLY £16.49 !

Pam in Bristol
Try Eurobulbs.co.uk - good prices for 'eselling' site. A local supplier may be cheaper IF you can find him. Better buy trays of 500+ and share with friends.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:06:17 +0000, Jeoff
wrote:

'Pam Moore[_2_ Wrote:
;828994']On looking at various sites selling snowdrops I came across
this
"Offer"; Greenfingers.com offer 75 single snowdrops for ONLY £16.49 !

Pam in Bristol

Try Eurobulbs.co.uk - good prices for 'eselling' site. A local supplier
may be cheaper IF you can find him. Better buy trays of 500+ and share
with friends.

Thanks Jeoff
I've not come across them. Will have a look.

Pam in Bristol

when's the latest for (re-)planting 'snowdrops in the green'? dave @ stejonda United Kingdom 4 01-04-2003 05:56 PM
Snowdrops on display Pam Moore United Kingdom 2 18-02-2003 03:43 PM
Snowdrops Pam Moore United Kingdom 0 07-02-2003 10:06 AM
Snowdrops Cavalier United Kingdom 21 05-02-2003 12:57 PM
Snowdrops in Lawns - especially mine! Tumbleweed United Kingdom 0 16-10-2002 06:51 AM