Old 08-02-2009, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Snow pictures

In case anyone missed it, and would like to join in I posted this in
response to a message on the " Brrhhhhh!" thread this morning

Any more good snow pictures? if so just email them to as an attachment them

No need for a message or subject, I shall temporarily host them for all to
enjoy.

To view what's there go to
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.URGpictures

I have put one up for starters.

Mike
Trying to amuse myself at computer due to too much snow to garden this
morning.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:
In case anyone missed it, and would like to join in I posted this in
response to a message on the " Brrhhhhh!" thread this morning

Any more good snow pictures? if so just email them to as an
attachment them to

No need for a message or subject, I shall temporarily host them for
all to enjoy.

To view what's there go to
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.URGpictures

I have put one up for starters.

Mike
Trying to amuse myself at computer due to too much snow to garden this
morning.

You got some en route
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 09-02-2009, 08:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Pete C" wrote in message

Muddymike wrote:
In case anyone missed it, and would like to join in I posted this in
response to a message on the " Brrhhhhh!" thread this morning

Any more good snow pictures? if so just email them to as an
attachment them to

No need for a message or subject, I shall temporarily host them for
all to enjoy.

To view what's there go to
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.URGpictures

I have put one up for starters.

Mike
Trying to amuse myself at computer due to too much snow to garden this
morning.

You got some en route

No wonder London ground to a halt if that's where those were taken.

Mike

Old 09-02-2009, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 8/2/09 11:14, in article ,
"Muddymike" wrote:

In case anyone missed it, and would like to join in I posted this in
response to a message on the " Brrhhhhh!" thread this morning

Any more good snow pictures? if so just email them to as an attachment them

No need for a message or subject, I shall temporarily host them for all to
enjoy.

To view what's there go to
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.URGpictures

I have put one up for starters.

Mike
Trying to amuse myself at computer due to too much snow to garden this
morning.

Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it bothered.
This was when 'London ground to a halt'! Second time we had more but didn't
get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg

You can see the dark brown dead foliage of the Acacias in the second one
showing the house.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 09-02-2009, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:51:15 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it
bothered. This was when 'London ground to a halt'! Second time we had
more but didn't get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg

That second one is but a heavy frost, this is snow:

http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090205/

Most of it is still here, though there has been a bit of thaw in the last
18 hours, max today briefly of 5.5C and above 0C for 8hrs, the warmest and
longest time above 0C by a long chalk since the begining of the month.

Currently -2.1C, still and clear might be another cold one down to -7 or
8C again.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 09-02-2009, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.net...
On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:51:15 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it
bothered. This was when 'London ground to a halt'! Second time we had
more but didn't get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg

That second one is but a heavy frost, this is snow:

http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090205/

Most of it is still here, though there has been a bit of thaw in the last
18 hours, max today briefly of 5.5C and above 0C for 8hrs, the warmest and
longest time above 0C by a long chalk since the begining of the month.

That looks much like my wife's drive to work only some of its been salted
and hers has not. She took me over on Sunday to "help me appreciate what she
has to put up with" sadly I forgot to take the camera :-(

Mike

Old 09-02-2009, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/09 17:03, in article
, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:51:15 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it
bothered. This was when 'London ground to a halt'! Second time we had
more but didn't get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg

That second one is but a heavy frost, this is snow:

http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090205/

Most of it is still here, though there has been a bit of thaw in the last
18 hours, max today briefly of 5.5C and above 0C for 8hrs, the warmest and
longest time above 0C by a long chalk since the begining of the month.

Currently -2.1C, still and clear might be another cold one down to -7 or
8C again.

Holy wow! I think I'll go on living here, thanks!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 9 Feb, 17:34, Jennifer Sparkes wrote:
The message et
from "Dave Liquorice" contains these words:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 13:51:15 +0000, Sacha wrote:
Here's a couple showing the first snow we had. Don't know why it
bothered. This was when 'London ground to a halt'! *Second time we had
more but didn't get out with the camera quickly enough!
http://i42.tinypic.com/j7rjvm.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/2a7ijxv.jpg

That second one is but a heavy frost, this is snow:
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090203/
http://www.howhill.com/weather/images/winter/090205/
Most of it is still here, though there has been a bit of thaw in the last
18 hours, max today briefly of 5.5C and above 0C for 8hrs, the warmest and
longest time above 0C by a long chalk since the begining of the month.
Currently -2.1C, still and clear might be another cold one down to -7 or
8C again.

Now that reminds me of the snow in 1947 - and I only missed 1 day at
school, and it wasn't closed and I had to travel *5 or 6 miles from the
village. Having got there I was sent home in case the buses stopped
running - but they didn't. The next day my parents did think the snow
was a bit too deep to send me to school but after that it was school as
usual!

Health and Safety weren't 'buzz' words in those days!

Jennifer

Looks as if we got more than you here inSouth Wales Sacha
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/
Snowglasshouse2.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/snowtrack.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/Snowtrees.jpg[/
IMG]
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/
SnowPortTalbot.jpg[/IMG]
The car was so happy not to have to do anything
[IMG]http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff82/taffy4u2/SnowCar.jpg[/
IMG]

David hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 09-02-2009, 06:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/09 17:59, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Mon, 9 Feb 2009 17:34:27 GMT, Jennifer Sparkes
wrote:

[...]

I travelled across Leeds by tram and bus to go to school in 1947, I never
missed
a day

I do NOT believe you and Jennifer are old enough to have been at school in
1947!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/09 18:07, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

[...]

Those pics are beautiful, even if it did put a halt in your gallop! It looks
like a magical kingdom - or should that be principality? ;-)) I
particularly like the snow track one, it looks so inviting, somehow - makes
you want to go on and explore further. Was the glasshouse roof okay?
Matthew put the heating on very low in ours and in the tunnels to protect
the roofs.
My daughter lives in Chepstow and has been told by a friend that they're
expecting 4" of snow! How far is that from you because it makes me wonder
if you're going to get another pasting?
Hope you don't mind me saying this, David but you need to take the brackety
bits etc. off your pics' urls. They should start with http and end with jpg
or people can't just click on them. I have to do the same using tinypic and
I can't imagine why it can't be done at the source but that's not my thing.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Muddymike wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message

Muddymike wrote:
In case anyone missed it, and would like to join in I posted this in
response to a message on the " Brrhhhhh!" thread this morning

Any more good snow pictures? if so just email them to as an
attachment them to

No need for a message or subject, I shall temporarily host them for
all to enjoy.

To view what's there go to
http://share.ovi.com/channel/Muddymike.URGpictures

I have put one up for starters.

Mike
Trying to amuse myself at computer due to too much snow to garden
this morning.

You got some en route

No wonder London ground to a halt if that's where those were taken.

Mike

South EastLondon/Kent border
--
Pete C
London UK

Old 09-02-2009, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 9 Feb, 18:47, Sacha wrote:
On 9/2/09 18:07, in article
, "Dave

Hill" wrote:
[...]

Perennials & shrubs online- Hide quoted text -

Never had problems posting from Photobucket into other groups but I'll
try to remember your tip sacha.
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...2/Snowview.jpg
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f.../Snowcimla.jpg
Is this better
We're nearly 60 miles from Chepstow so are not geting a lot of the
snow, but looking inland we can see very white hills and mountains.
We were going to the show in Bournmouth on Wed but I am very doubtfull
as the forcast is at present.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:28:01 +0000, Sacha wrote:

Holy wow! I think I'll go on living here, thanks!

B-) "Holy wow!" for the snow, the temperatures or both? I like it like
this at or just below freezing mainly because it is dry.

If it's 1 or 2 above freezing it tends to damp and misty that just saps
any warmth from you, no matter how well you wrap up. Not to mention the
grey damp mist or hill fog is very depressing, nice bit of snow and bright
sunshine can't beat it. It can be a bit bracing if it's -8 and the wind is
blowing, wind chill to -20 or lower, you don't spend long exposed to that
if you can help it. But -8 and sheltered/no wind is not a problem.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 09-02-2009, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/2/09 20:55, in article
, "Dave
Hill" wrote:

On 9 Feb, 18:47, Sacha wrote:
On 9/2/09 18:07, in article
, "Dave

Hill" wrote:
[...]

Yes, perfect.

We're nearly 60 miles from Chepstow so are not geting a lot of the
snow, but looking inland we can see very white hills and mountains.
We were going to the show in Bournmouth on Wed but I am very doubtfull
as the forcast is at present.

The weather is just bizarre in its variety and strength just now. I don't
mean to be flippant about this at all but I think that sometimes, it does us
no harm to remember that we can't control everything around us.