Old 26-02-2009, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cutting the dross

' Good job lots and lots of other people know me and speak the truth :-))'

As a matter of interest Mike, do the 'lots of other people' that know you ie
'friends', neighbours, family, members of your reunion clubs and the good
people of Lake I.W. know what you get up to on here?
Does your long suffering wife know?
Do they laugh at your stories of how you annoy people?
Are you like this in everyday life?
I can't believe you are as I only live about 5 miles from you and I'm sure
your murder would have been front page news in the County Press.
The only Mike Crowe I've heard of was one that opened a business in Wroxall
called 'Crowe Electrics'. This went 'tits up' shortly after opening, that
must have been someone with the same name I suppose.

kindest possible regards

Andrew

Old 26-02-2009, 04:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
.................................................. ..............
"Isleman" Isleman@home wrote in message

' Good job lots and lots of other people know me and speak the truth :-))'

As a matter of interest Mike, do the 'lots of other people' that know you
ie 'friends', neighbours, family, members of your reunion clubs and the
good people of Lake I.W. know what you get up to on here?
Does your long suffering wife know?
Do they laugh at your stories of how you annoy people?
Are you like this in everyday life?
I can't believe you are as I only live about 5 miles from you and I'm sure
your murder would have been front page news in the County Press.
The only Mike Crowe I've heard of was one that opened a business in
Wroxall called 'Crowe Electrics'. This went 'tits up' shortly after
opening, that must have been someone with the same name I suppose.

kindest possible regards

Andrew

The way people idolise me, worship me and follow me around :-))

""Tits Up"" Let's have YOUR Story and let me knock you down in flames. (By
the way, what is YOUR story behind Crowe Electronics Ltd?)

As for the rest of the dross. Call in and see me if you are that close. Let
me put the matter straight so you don't have to believe the poison pens on
this newsgroup.

That is of course """IF""" you care for the truth :-))

Kindest possible regards

Mike

ps. Do you always believe the written poison pen letters?

Old 26-02-2009, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/2/09 15:38, in article ,
"BAC" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 26/2/09 11:41, in article ,
" wrote:

In article ,
BAC wrote:

Mabbett had trouble getting along with many many more people on Usenet
than
just Mike Crowe, and there is no denying that many people, rightly or
wrongly, regarded him as the worst and most infuriating sort of netnanny
troll. ...

Not quite. He was mildly irritating, but he did NOT go in for what he
was claimed to do - I checked. What happened was that some particularly
nasty trolls started picking on him, and that snowballed - in the same
way that beating up cripples used to be a common sport.

Precisely so. To start with, he fell foul of Crowe because he and several
others objected to Crowe spamming several groups to advertise a
non-related
'service'. Whereas others simply killfiled Crowe, Andy stood his ground
and
was pilloried for it. His personal life and his working life were all
dragged into a vicious and spiteful vendetta from Crowe.

That may have been the start of his troubles with Crowe, but he had already
been deeply embroiled in problems in other groups, notably the Birmingham
local group.

Which has nothing to do with urg, however and actually, nothing to do with
Crowe, either who was using newsgroups for his own ends. And continuing to
discuss this is just what Crowe wants, so I'm bowing out now, knowing whom I
considered to be a useful and helpful member of this group and it certainly
isn't Crowe.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 26-02-2009, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

By the way Andrew, when you 'start' on Crowe Electronics Ltd, you will
mention the award from the Chamber of Commerce, the Isle of Wight County
Council and the Enterprise Agency won't you?

And the subsequent lectures I gave at the Tech College won't you?

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 26-02-2009, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Which has nothing to do with urg, however and actually, nothing to do with
Crowe, either who was using newsgroups for his own ends. And continuing
discuss this is just what Crowe wants, so I'm bowing out now, knowing whom
considered to be a useful and helpful member of this group and it
certainly
isn't Crowe.

--
Sacha

and Mabbett was never a useful and helpful member of uk.local.birmingham.

Thank you so much for pointing this out and explaining it to all and sundry
:-))))

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 26-02-2009, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

""Tits Up"" Let's have YOUR Story and let me knock you down in flames. (By
the way, what is YOUR story behind Crowe Electronics Ltd?)

As for the rest of the dross. Call in and see me if you are that close.
Let me put the matter straight so you don't have to believe the poison
pens on this newsgroup.

Oh, so I take it you are the Crowe in Crowe Electrics or Electronics then.

My story is that I used to visit George Lupson to buy my timber and knew Roy
Watts who also had a unit on the Castle Road site.

I vaguely remember the third unit briefly had Crowe on it but all
subsequently became Wroxall Timber.

Well done for bouncing back and going on to bigger and better things

Regards
Andrew

Ps Thanks for the invitation to meet but I find it's best to keep the wheels
turning through Lake or they will soon be removed!

Old 26-02-2009, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Oh, so I take it you are the Crowe in Crowe Electrics or Electronics then.

not 'or' but AND. Two different outfits. Crowe Electronics Ltd and Crowe
Electrics. Don't worry, it confused the Bank Manager as well as we had five
accounts!!!!

My story is that I used to visit George Lupson to buy my timber and knew
Roy Watts who also had a unit on the Castle Road site.

He did indeed. George and Joan and myself started together. George had Unit
1, I had Unit 2 which was an overspill for the Electronics because we had
outgrown our factory at Sandown and we started the Electrics side, and Roy
Watts who had the printer refurbishment business in Unit 3

I vaguely remember the third unit briefly had Crowe on it but all
subsequently became Wroxall Timber.

It all became Wroxall Timber when we moved back into other premises at
Sandown. Don't know what happened to Roy Watts.
Long time ago. Over 20 years.Got my pensions now :-)))))))))))) Spend them
on cruising.
""Tits up""??????

Well done for bouncing back and going on to bigger and better things

Regards
Andrew

Ps Thanks for the invitation to meet but I find it's best to keep the
wheels turning through Lake or they will soon be removed!

Let me know when you wish to visit. I will put my Beemer in the road and you
can use the garage ;-)

Kindest regards

Mike
ps The truth will hurt some. They will crawl back under their stone ;-))

Old 27-02-2009, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Bob Hobden writes

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote

Whatever happend to Andy?

Not heard or seen anything from thim for a long while, whatever people say
about Andy the fact is in every post I saw he was always right. Bashing his
head against a brick wall most of the time though and the very nature of the
sort that deliberately post incorrectly, against the charter and Usenet
rules/conventions, don't like being told so.

He was also a gardener and very interested in plants.

I'd find it remarkable if he were driven away from a ng by anyone. He
was not one to allow himself to be bullied.

AFAIK the reason he left urg was that he developed another interest
which squeezed out his interest in gardening, as simple as that.
--
Kay