Old 26-02-2009, 12:26 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cutting the dross

"'Mike'" wrote in message

It's a lot more complicated than that. IMO best forgotten

I think so - a very unsavoury episode all round.
--
Sacha

Yes I agree. Very unsavoury to which he never denied the allegations.

So we can only assume them to be true.

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Have you noticed I have snipped all the irrelevant dross? Doesn't it make
reading easier?

Have you any idea how objectionable you are? I've never had a problem with
Andy. I've really tried to resist putting you in my kill file but I'm
afraid this is it now.
Plonk.
Oh, that feels so good...

Tina

Old 26-02-2009, 12:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Christina Websell" contains
these words:

Have you any idea how objectionable you are? I've never had a problem with
Andy. I've really tried to resist putting you in my kill file but I'm
afraid this is it now.
Plonk.
Oh, that feels so good...

Did you have to quote him?

--
Rusty

Old 26-02-2009, 09:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:50:13 -0000, "BAC"
wrote:

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
.uk...
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article ,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

snip

Sadly, no. It's hard to imagine what pleasure someone gets from being
so
thoroughly disliked that he has to provoke people into demonstrating
it!
;-(

If people who professed to ignore his newsgroup postings actually did
so, he
wouldn't be able to wind them up.

Hopefully, although he has taken one leaf from his old adversary
Mabbett's
book by presuming to 'correct' the style of other people's postings,
he will
not take another and also do so by e-mail.

Whatever happend to Andy?

Lots of gore and guts?

Disaffected RAF pilot target him?

ITWSBT

Try
http://pigsonthewing.org.uk/
if interested in Mabbett

I didn't know anything about Mabbett as I wasn't around during the
events referred to. Judging from his website he has the same boastful
attitude as Mike so I can imagine they had troubles getting on!
But underneath the bluster Mabbett seems quite intelligent and the
website demonstrates that he can actually achieve things. You can't
say that for the other one who has nothing to show for his stay on
earth. What a shameful monument his on-line history will be when he
finally leaves it.
I have resisted putting Mike into a kill-file until now as I resent
him putting everyone to that trouble when he could so simply just shut
up. But I am going to do it right now.
Old 26-02-2009, 09:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I didn't know anything about Mabbett as I wasn't around during the
events referred to. Judging from his website he has the same boastful
attitude as Mike so I can imagine they had troubles getting on!
But underneath the bluster Mabbett seems quite intelligent and the
website demonstrates that he can actually achieve things. You can't
say that for the other one who has nothing to show for his stay on
earth. What a shameful monument his on-line history will be when he
finally leaves it.
I have resisted putting Mike into a kill-file until now as I resent
him putting everyone to that trouble when he could so simply just shut
up. But I am going to do it right now.

How little you know about anything!

:-))

Bye

Kindest possible regards

Mike

Old 26-02-2009, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

wrote:

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
o.uk...
The message
from "BAC" contains these words:
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 24/2/09 20:20, in article
,
"Hugh Jampton" wrote:

[...]

Mabbett had trouble getting along with many many more people on Usenet than
just Mike Crowe, and there is no denying that many people, rightly or
wrongly, regarded him as the worst and most infuriating sort of netnanny
troll. Imagine what people have been saying here about Mike Crowe, magnify
it a thousandfold, and you should have some idea of the difficulties he
encountered, mainly on other newsgroups. However, that all now seems to be
in the past, fortunately. Life's too short for cyber vendettas, nobody
'wins', preferable to make the best of things, if you ask me :-)

Old 26-02-2009, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote

Whatever happend to Andy?

Not heard or seen anything from thim for a long while, whatever people say
about Andy the fact is in every post I saw he was always right. Bashing his
head against a brick wall most of the time though and the very nature of the
sort that deliberately post incorrectly, against the charter and Usenet
rules/conventions, don't like being told so.

He was also a gardener and very interested in plants.

I heard a rumour that he had a serious illness, MS I think it was.

If you read this Andy, you know my e-mail address, let me know whats
what.(think peas)
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 26-02-2009, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
BAC wrote:

Mabbett had trouble getting along with many many more people on Usenet than
just Mike Crowe, and there is no denying that many people, rightly or
wrongly, regarded him as the worst and most infuriating sort of netnanny
troll. ...

Not quite. He was mildly irritating, but he did NOT go in for what he
was claimed to do - I checked. What happened was that some particularly
nasty trolls started picking on him, and that snowballed - in the same
way that beating up cripples used to be a common sport.

I can't say whether he triggered the attacks in the first place, as
I did not check back far enough, but he was certainly neither trolling
nor being a netnanny by the time I noticed the systematic persecution.

Imagine what people have been saying here about Mike Crowe, magnify
it a thousandfold, and you should have some idea of the difficulties he
encountered, mainly on other newsgroups. However, that all now seems to be
in the past, fortunately. Life's too short for cyber vendettas, nobody
'wins', preferable to make the best of things, if you ask me :-)

That gives only a pale impression of what he was inflicted with. The
libels were sufficiently nasty that they would have justified the
police taking action - but he (probably wisely) chose not to take that
path.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 26-02-2009, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 26/2/09 11:41, in article ,
" wrote:

In article ,
BAC wrote:

Mabbett had trouble getting along with many many more people on Usenet than
just Mike Crowe, and there is no denying that many people, rightly or
wrongly, regarded him as the worst and most infuriating sort of netnanny
troll. ...

Not quite. He was mildly irritating, but he did NOT go in for what he
was claimed to do - I checked. What happened was that some particularly
nasty trolls started picking on him, and that snowballed - in the same
way that beating up cripples used to be a common sport.

Precisely so. To start with, he fell foul of Crowe because he and several
others objected to Crowe spamming several groups to advertise a non-related
'service'. Whereas others simply killfiled Crowe, Andy stood his ground and
was pilloried for it. His personal life and his working life were all
dragged into a vicious and spiteful vendetta from Crowe.

Andy knows a lot about gardening and net-nannying aside was a very popular
member of this group. The treatment he received was absolutely disgraceful
and shows the lengths a petty, spiteful little nobody like Crowe will go to
when he can't get his own way. IMO, he is a detestable vulgarian whose sole
interest in this group and others is to be as rude and objectionable as he
can be.
snip
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 26-02-2009, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Sacha

Feel better now?

Good job lots and lots of other people know me and speak the truth :-))

Funny how nothing was said about the despicable action by Mabbett which
almost came to Solicitor level to clear my name and get an apology. :-)
Right again wasn't I??

There is a very old saying 'Sticks and Stones ........' no doubt everyone
know the rest

Kindest possible regards

Mike
:-))

Old 26-02-2009, 02:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from Fuschia contains these words:

I didn't know anything about Mabbett as I wasn't around during the
events referred to. Judging from his website he has the same boastful
attitude as Mike so I can imagine they had troubles getting on!

I think there were ADSL prombles yesterday, and couldn't get his website
- just a blank page and both Firefox and Opera claimed 'Done.'

Whether that meant 'compleated' or 'cheated', I can't judge...

But underneath the bluster Mabbett seems quite intelligent and the
website demonstrates that he can actually achieve things.

I've always found him so, but can't comment on the website, yet.

You can't
say that for the other one who has nothing to show for his stay on
earth. What a shameful monument his on-line history will be when he
finally leaves it.

Yes, to that.

I have resisted putting Mike into a kill-file until now as I resent
him putting everyone to that trouble when he could so simply just shut
up. But I am going to do it right now.

He's lived in mine for a long time now.

--
Rusty
Old 26-02-2009, 02:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:
"Rusty_Hinge" wrote

Whatever happend to Andy?

Not heard or seen anything from thim for a long while, whatever people say
about Andy the fact is in every post I saw he was always right. Bashing his
head against a brick wall most of the time though and the very nature
of the
sort that deliberately post incorrectly, against the charter and Usenet
rules/conventions, don't like being told so.

He was also a gardener and very interested in plants.

I heard a rumour that he had a serious illness, MS I think it was.

If you read this Andy, you know my e-mail address, let me know whats
what.(think peas)

Agreed. He probably knows mine too, or if not can work it out from the sig.

Ditto, get in touch.

--
Rusty
Old 26-02-2009, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

wrote in message
In article ,
BAC wrote:

Mabbett had trouble getting along with many many more people on Usenet
than
just Mike Crowe, and there is no denying that many people, rightly or
wrongly, regarded him as the worst and most infuriating sort of netnanny
troll. ...

Not quite. He was mildly irritating, but he did NOT go in for what he
was claimed to do - I checked.

Whether it was justified or not, people did hold and express the opinion I
outlined.

Old 26-02-2009, 03:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Sacha" wrote in message
On 26/2/09 11:41, in article ,
" wrote:

In article ,
BAC wrote:

[...]

That may have been the start of his troubles with Crowe, but he had already
been deeply embroiled in problems in other groups, notably the Birmingham
local group.

Old 26-02-2009, 03:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

That may have been the start of his troubles with Crowe, but he had
already been deeply embroiled in problems in other groups, notably the
Birmingham local group.

I believe that it was his involvement with uk.local.birmingham and his
attitude which cost him his job. I have it on very good authority that he
would be 'watched' by, I believe, the auditors of the council, i.e. those
who oversee the "Value for money" services of a council. My family were at
that time in the offices of our local council and they had to abide by the
guidelines. I warned Mabbett that he would be watched as well. He chose to
ignore me. Whether his actions cost him his job I don't know, and we never
will. Someone did post up just how many newsgroups he was subscribing to and
how many postings he had done over a period of time which were NOT to do
with his job. Being a net nanny on uk.local.birmingham would not be in his
job description.

His first attack on me for the posting I had done in the birmingham
newsgroup was of course completely out of order because I was addressing
people in the birmingham area, just as I have used local newsgroups many
times since .................... without the Mabbett problem.

Vicious man. Well out of the way. Let's hope he doesn't return to cause
trouble to this newsgroup.

Kindest regards

Mike