Old 02-04-2009, 05:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Plant ID - possibly slightly off topic

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.
Old 02-04-2009, 05:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
writes
I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

P1000157 - would this be Olea europaea (olive)?
P1000115 - Euphorbia (myrsinites?)
P1000116 - Erodium (storksbill)
P1000117 - Erodium (storksbill)
P1000119 - Euphorbia
P1000120 - is that the same plant?
P1000121 - Stachys lanata?
P1000124 - pass
P1000154 - some sort of crucifer
P1000155 - some sort of crucifer (a Brassica?)
P1000156 - Vinca (periwinkle)
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 02-04-2009, 06:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 2 Apr, 17:39, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message
,
writes

[...]

Olive but one of the cultivated varieties
P1000115 - Euphorbia (myrsinites?)
P1000116 - Erodium (storksbill)
P1000117 - Erodium (storksbill)
P1000119 - Euphorbia
P1000120 - is that the same plant?
P1000121 - Stachys lanata?
P1000124 - pass
Verbascum?'
P1000154 - some sort of crucifer
Could that be wild mustard?
P1000155 - some sort of crucifer (a Brassica?)
Looks like Rape to me
P1000156 - Vinca (periwinkle)

David Hill
Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 09:11:02 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

If you're asking Sacha, she's always asking here for plant IDs so I
wouldn't trust her advice too much if I were you. The fact that she
can't ID plants doesn't say much for Hillhouse Nursery really, does it?

HTH.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 19:14:35 +0100, James P wrote:

If you're asking Sacha, she's always asking here for plant IDs so I
wouldn't trust her advice too much if I were you. The fact that she
can't ID plants doesn't say much for Hillhouse Nursery really, does it?

*plonk*

Old 02-04-2009, 08:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

gavin.robertson wrote ..
I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

121 Sage.
124 a Mullion.
154 Rape

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 02-04-2009, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Apr, 20:21, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
gavin.robertson wrote ..

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

121 Sage.
124 a Mullion.
154 Rape

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Thanks for the input, folks! There just seems to be uncertainty with
P1000121 - is it sage or stachys lanata?
Old 02-04-2009, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message

from contains these words:

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

How the hell do you look at the photos on that dreadful site?

--
Rusty
Old 02-04-2009, 08:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The message
from James P contains these words:
wrote:

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

If you're asking Sacha, she's always asking here for plant IDs so I
wouldn't trust her advice too much if I were you. The fact that she
can't ID plants doesn't say much for Hillhouse Nursery really, does it?

HTH.

Not really.

You're the sort of troll who has no idea about how to be helpful. I
expect your favourite pastime is pulling the legs off insects.

--
Rusty
Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote after
"Bob Hobden" wrote:
gavin.robertson wrote ..

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

121 Sage.
124 a Mullion.
154 Rape

Thanks for the input, folks! There just seems to be uncertainty with
P1000121 - is it sage or stachys lanata?

Taste it and see. :-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 02-04-2009, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
,
writes
[...]

You'd probably be wise to wait to see if there's anymore opinions on the
various plants.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 02-04-2009, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Apr, 21:05, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
wrote after
*"Bob Hobden" *wrote:

gavin.robertson wrote ..

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.

The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!

I would be very grateful for any input please.

121 Sage.
124 a Mullion.
154 Rape

Thanks for the input, folks! There just seems to be uncertainty with
P1000121 - is it sage or stachys lanata?

Taste it and see. *:-)

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

LOL!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Apr, 20:50, Rusty_Hinge
wrote:
The message

from contains these words:

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1388246...7616117704599/.
The reason I say this may be slightly off topic is that these plants
are
from the Sierra Nevada in Spain. Some (or all) may also be found in
the UK -
I have no idea at all!
I would be very grateful for any input please.

How the hell do you look at the photos on that dreadful site?

--
Rusty

Hi Rusty,
Just click on an image and that image will open in a new page. If you
want to enlarge the image click on "All sizes" just above the image in
the middle.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2 Apr, 21:26, Benno Bös wrote:
schrieb:

I was wondering if any of the very kind and knowledgeable people could
ID
some plants for me? I have uploaded to Flickr at

156: Vinca balcanica
155: Brassica napus
154: Brassica ....
124: Salvia ....
120: Nerium oleander
119: Euphorbia amygdaloides
117: Potentilla ....
115: Euphorbia (polychroma?)
157: Asclepias or Nerium

--
************ * * * * * * * das GIFTPFLANZEN.COMpendium * * * * * * * ************
!!!!!!! * * * * * * * * jetzt über 800 Pflanzenportraits * * * * * * * * *!!!!!!!

Excellent - many thanks indeed.