Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Oh Dear :-(

I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep in
the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Old 09-07-2009, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Well for starters you'd have missed Celebrity Master Chef which was on the
other side.
Nothing to miss there!

mark

Old 09-07-2009, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 9, 9:44*pm, "Kate Morgan" wrote:
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep in
the middle, did I miss much ?

Well there was Joe the scarecrow making a scarecrow and when he's
finished could we tell the difference? Could we ****!
Old 09-07-2009, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-07-09 21:44:20 +0100, "Kate Morgan" said:

I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell
asleep in the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Nothing. Other than a side visit to us to see how irritated we were.
Isn't it *awful*?!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 09-07-2009, 11:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote k...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

I recorded it so will watch it later, tomorrow or so.
They were filming Joe and Rachael whilst we were there yesterday. Rachael
was on the Austin Roses stand trying to get enough space to film and Joe was
nearby talking to showgoers.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 10-07-2009, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Well if you fell asleep in the middle, I guess you missed half.

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 10-07-2009, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Well if you fell asleep in the middle, I guess you missed half.

--
Mike

Oh well, it sounds like the half I missed wasn't much good but I will try
again tonight :-)

sleepy kate

Old 10-07-2009, 09:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Well if you fell asleep in the middle, I guess you missed half.

--
Mike

Oh well, it sounds like the half I missed wasn't much good but I will try
again tonight :-)

sleepy kate

Have kip this afternoon and see if you can stay awake then ;-)

--
Mike

www.rneba.org.uk

Old 10-07-2009, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

I don't know, because I switched it off. Gardening on the television's about
on a par with a slug in a lettuce as far as I'm concerned.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"BAC" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

I don't know, because I switched it off. Gardening on the television's
about on a par with a slug in a lettuce as far as I'm concerned.

I date the decline from the departure of Monty Don. I know a lot of people
don't like him but Gardener's World was terrific when he was fronting it.

R.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote
"Kate Morgan" wrote k...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell
asleep in the middle, did I miss much ?

I recorded it so will watch it later, tomorrow or so. [...]

Last night's was the first one I'd managed to catch and I felt rather
disappointed. The best parts were about the Beekeeper's Garden (just
lovely and what a well-done mosaic), the old rose species, some pieces
about a few of the other show gardens, and whenever they fitted in the
odd clips about new or newish varieties of plants (I wish there'd been
more and Carol K doing the presenting).

Whatever was all that pizza-making with Matthew Wilson and the
irritating Rachel for? That seems like a waste of screen time to me. If
it was because they had to be undercover to record as there seemed to be
a heavy shower going on outside at the time, it would have been more
interesting to have shown some pre-recorded session about new plant
varieties and the nurseries who raised them.

I don't mind Joe Swift when he's enthusing about design or planting but
could do without all the knockabout, 'innit all a laff guv' nonsense.
Yes gardening can be fun, but that just *grates* on me.

--
Sue

Old 10-07-2009, 12:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Ragnar" wrote
I date the decline from the departure of Monty Don. I know a lot of
people don't like him but Gardener's World was terrific when he was
fronting it.

I liked his style and do so agree. GW is far too dumbed-down and
lightweight now.

--
Sue

Old 10-07-2009, 01:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

Join the club, not so much Hampton Court Flower Show but almost everything I
need to watch!

I have taken to recording everything I want to watch so I can 'rewind' and
catch up later!

kate

Old 10-07-2009, 01:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"Ragnar" wrote in message

"BAC" wrote in message

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
o.uk...
I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell asleep
in the middle, did I miss much ?

I don't know, because I switched it off. Gardening on the television's
about on a par with a slug in a lettuce as far as I'm concerned.

I date the decline from the departure of Monty Don. I know a lot of
people don't like him but Gardener's World was terrific when he was
fronting it.

Monty's show was very much better (than the current 'matey', dumbed down,
load of ********), IMO. I just can't bring myself to watch it. On a par with
Titchbrain and Dimmo's Ground Force, real 'foot through the screen'
material.

Bring back Percy Thrower, I say :-)

Old 10-07-2009, 01:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I settled down to watch Hampton Court Flower Show tonight and fell
asleep in the middle, did I miss much ?

kate

Well if you fell asleep in the middle, I guess you missed half.

--
Mike

Oh well, it sounds like the half I missed wasn't much good but I will try
again tonight :-)

sleepy kate

Have kip this afternoon and see if you can stay awake then ;-)

--
Mike

Thats a good idea Mike, I will go now and take an alarm clock with me :-)
kate