Old 02-08-2009, 03:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default On and off topic

Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 2, 3:47*pm, Judith in France
wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Old 02-08-2009, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:57:26 +0100, Judith in France wrote
(in article
):

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

It's lovely to put a face to the name (I mean Carlotta, of course!)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Old 02-08-2009, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Old 02-08-2009, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Your unknown climber is Campsis radicans, a great plant if it is
happy .
Nice to put a face to a name.
David Hill

Old 02-08-2009, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Your unknown climber is Campsis radicans, a great plant if it is
happy .
Nice to put a face to a name.
David Hill

Thanks David, it is happy! now how about a pic of other urglers so
that we can put a face to a name?

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Your unknown climber is Campsis radicans, a great plant if it is
happy .
Nice to put a face to a name.
David Hill

Further to my post Dave, I just Googled it after you identified it,
seeds, 1 are selling on Ebay for £1.99. If anyone would like seeds,
do let me know, I am happy to send them to you also Datura in
November.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

It's lovely to put a face to the name (I mean Carlotta, of course!)

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening

Thanks Sally, my Lottie is the love of my life, she is with me in the
garden at all times, now if only she would move when I want to weed
the spot she is on! At 25 kilos, she is a bit heavy to just nudge.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

She is isn't she, have you got one of Blue with the tomatoes? :-)

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 06:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:
On 2 Aug, 16:20, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Your unknown climber is Campsis radicans, a great plant if it is
happy .
Nice to put a face to a name.

Are you sure? Or is is Campsis x grandiflora, which is rather more
common? Not that it makes a lot of difference, and the latter is
often called C. radicans. As you say, a great plant.

Apparently, the true C. radicans is rather too tender for the UK,
and most of France, but that is merely picked up from books.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 02-08-2009, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-02 15:57:26 +0100, Judith in France

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Love the dog, recognise the owner, think it's Campsis radicans. ;-))
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 02-08-2009, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

She is isn't she, have you got one of Blue with the tomatoes? :-)

I was talking about you too young lady!!! I have asked David to take one
soonest When that will be goodness only knows but I will do my best

Old 02-08-2009, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-02 15:57:26 +0100, Judith in France

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Love the dog, recognise the owner, think it's Campsis radicans. *;-))
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

:-) Of course you recognise me, no one knows me better on group!!!!
Dave and Nic got it and I have now Googled. I protect it in the
Winter and it also has it's roots mostly in sand and little soil so it
keeps its feet dry.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 2, 6:03*pm, wrote:
In article ,
Dave Hill wrote:

On 2 Aug, 16:20, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

Your unknown climber is Campsis radicans, a great plant if it is
happy .
Nice to put a face to a name.

Are you sure? *Or is is Campsis x grandiflora, which is rather more
common? *Not that it makes a lot of difference, and the latter is
often called C. radicans. *As you say, a great plant.

Apparently, the true C. radicans is rather too tender for the UK,
and most of France, but that is merely picked up from books.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Mine has to withstand very low temperatures Nick, but I do protect
it. Each year I think it is dead and then suddenly in June there is a
glimmer of a bud.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 06:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-02 18:17:39 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-08-02 15:57:26 +0100, Judith in France

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Love the dog, recognise the owner, think it's Campsis radicans. *;-))
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

:-) Of course you recognise me, no one knows me better on group!!!!
Dave and Nic got it and I have now Googled. I protect it in the
Winter and it also has it's roots mostly in sand and little soil so it
keeps its feet dry.

Judith

It's one of those lovely plants one sees all over warmer climates - and
here, I may say in the right location - but I bet your sandy soil and
sharp drainage makes a really huge difference to its survival. It's
lovely to see you and La Lotta looking all relaxed and laid back!