Old 02-08-2009, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default On and off topic

"Judith in France" wrote in message
On Aug 2, 3:47 pm, Judith in France
wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

I love the gorgeous soppy dog and the way she looks at you. She clearly
adores you. It's nice to see a picture of you, too. What a lovely lady.
Alas, people always get most upset when viewing pictures of spiders. Does
that get me off your rogues gallery? :~)

I do admire your datura. I'd love to grow one, but I have a daffy cat who
thinks she's a caterpillar ... chomp .. chomp :~(
I recognised the Campsis, but couldn't come up with the species name. Most
frustrating. It's a beautiful vine. My sort of colour, too. Thanks for
sharing your pics.

Spider

Old 02-08-2009, 11:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in ...

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpght...c.com/reoj.jpg

I love the gorgeous soppy dog and the way she looks at you. *She clearly
adores you. *It's nice to see a picture of you, too. What a lovely lady..
Alas, people always get most upset when viewing pictures of spiders. *Does
that get me off your rogues gallery? :~)

I do admire your datura. *I'd love to grow one, but I have a daffy cat who
thinks she's a caterpillar ... chomp .. chomp :~(
I recognised the Campsis, but couldn't come up with the species name. *Most
frustrating. *It's a beautiful vine. *My sort of colour, too. *Thanks for
sharing your pics.

Spider

I like Spiders!!! We have some here that look like some of the Oz
ones but I don't think they bite! Thank you for youyr sweet comments
and can you tell that Martin that he should have looked at my later
post!!!! p.s. if you want seeds of the Datura, email me, you will be
very welcome to several hundred.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 2, 6:15*pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

She is isn't she, have you got one of Blue with the tomatoes? *:-)

I was talking about you too young lady!!! *I have asked David to take one
soonest * When that will be goodness only knows but I will do my best

Oh thank you, I look forward to seeing Blue, you and the tomatoes.

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 11:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-02 18:17:39 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-08-02 15:57:26 +0100, Judith in France

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! *I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Love the dog, recognise the owner, think it's Campsis radicans. *;-))
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.

:-) *Of course you recognise me, no one knows me better on group!!!!
Dave and Nic got it and I have now Googled. *I protect it in the
Winter and it also has it's roots mostly in sand and little soil so it
keeps its feet dry.

Judith

It's one of those lovely plants one sees all over warmer climates - and
here, I may say in the right location - but I bet your sandy soil and
sharp drainage makes a really huge difference to its survival. * It's
lovely to see you and La Lotta looking all relaxed and laid back!
--
Sachawww.hillhousenursery.com
Shrubs & perennials. Tender & exotics.
South Devon

Sacha, my Lottie has made me relaxed, how on earth did I go so long
without a pet???? As I write, she is snoring so loudly I wondered if
she was in competition with Edward :-)

Judith
Old 02-08-2009, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 2, 10:50*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 07:47:33 -0700 (PDT), Judith in France

wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Bad news, you forgot both photos. Have you been at the juice again?
--

Martin

Duh have you, logged off before my second post have we? :-)

Judith

Old 03-08-2009, 08:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 2, 6:15 pm, "Ophelia" wrote:
Judith in France wrote:
wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

Haha I was wondering

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

Lovely)

She is isn't she, have you got one of Blue with the tomatoes? :-)

I was talking about you too young lady!!! I have asked David to take one
soonest When that will be goodness only knows but I will do my best

Oh thank you, I look forward to seeing Blue, you and the tomatoes.

You have seen my tomatoes. I posted some pics. Did you miss them? I can
post a pic of my Blue now if you want)

Old 03-08-2009, 08:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Judith in France wrote:

Apparently, the true C. radicans is rather too tender for the UK,
and most of France, but that is merely picked up from books.

Mine has to withstand very low temperatures Nick, but I do protect
it. Each year I think it is dead and then suddenly in June there is a
glimmer of a bud.

Very interesting. In these warm winters, C. x taglibuana (which is
what I meant - grandiflora is the other parent) is happy with me.
I originally wanted C. radicans because the colour is better (as I
understand it), but was put off by the tenderness remarks.

On that matter, my Erythrina crista-galli is growing happily, but
have haven't yet got any decent flowers. Last year, it produced
some just before the weather turned cold and they more rotted than
opened.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2009-08-02 23:56:40 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-08-02 18:17:39 +0100, Judith in France

On 2009-08-02 15:57:26 +0100, Judith in France

)
--
[...]

I've had dogs all my life because I've been lucky enough to be able to
do that. I tried to do without for about 4 months before caving in.
;-) Oscar and Ray are in frequent snoring competitions and both look
equally indignant when I nudge them!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Judith in France" wrote in message
news:3c27a11b-9794-4fb7-ae23- You have seen my tomatoes. I posted some
pics. Did you miss them? I can
post a pic of my Blue now if you want)

Yes, do!

There ya go

http://tinypic.com/a/yja8/2

Old 03-08-2009, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Aug 3, 10:51*am, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in message
news:3c27a11b-9794-4fb7-ae23- You have seen my tomatoes. I posted some
pics. Did you miss them? I can

post a pic of my Blue now if you want)

Yes, do!

There ya go

http://tinypic.com/a/yja8/2

Lovely dog and he can swim!!!!! Like your idea of putting the basket
in water but don't let it get waterlogged will you? Thanks for
sharing.

Judith
Old 03-08-2009, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Judith in France wrote:
On Aug 3, 10:51 am, "Ophelia" wrote:
"Judith in France" wrote in message
news:3c27a11b-9794-4fb7-ae23- You have seen my tomatoes. I posted
some pics. Did you miss them? I can

post a pic of my Blue now if you want)

Yes, do!

There ya go

http://tinypic.com/a/yja8/2

Lovely dog and he can swim!!!!!

*SHE* ) I am convinced she is part fish)

Like your idea of putting the basket
in water but don't let it get waterlogged will you?

I don't actually put any water into the box.

In the bottom of the box I have two large pieces of polystyrene which
support the basket and allows the water to drain into the bottom

Thanks for
sharing.

My pleasure

Old 03-08-2009, 11:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article 1b4b61ee-ce55-4fb0-9898-
,
says...
wrote:
Pics of my Datura on the S of the house and a climber that needs
identification on the North side.

Off topic a pic of my beautiful dog Carlotta and me.

Judith

oh blow!!!! I forgot to attach the pics!

http://i29.tinypic.com/2e5rrjc.jpg
http://i26.tinypic.com/1442peh.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/reoj.jpg

the climber is Campsis, if it has aerial root Campsis radicans but it
looks more like one of the hybrids like madam Galen
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Old 03-08-2009, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
says...
In article ,
Judith in France wrote:

Apparently, the true C. radicans is rather too tender for the UK,
and most of France, but that is merely picked up from books.

Mine has to withstand very low temperatures Nick, but I do protect
it. Each year I think it is dead and then suddenly in June there is a
glimmer of a bud.

Very interesting. In these warm winters, C. x taglibuana (which is
what I meant - grandiflora is the other parent) is happy with me.
I originally wanted C. radicans because the colour is better (as I
understand it), but was put off by the tenderness remarks.

On that matter, my Erythrina crista-galli is growing happily, but
have haven't yet got any decent flowers. Last year, it produced
some just before the weather turned cold and they more rotted than
opened.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Nick, I would regard radicans as being the tough one and grandiflora as
being more tender, the crosses are generally hardy allthough don't always
flower well if some stems do not over winter and for that they need
summer heat. You should be pleased you did not plant C radicans as it is
an invasive nuisence and suckers like mad, but it does also self cling
:~)