Old 26-09-2010, 10:56 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge[_2_] View Post

We had an Osocool at the chalet in East Mersea. Better than nothing, but
not a patch on an eclectic refrigerator.
East Mersea? My Resident Oligochaetologist used to spend his summer holidays in a beach hut at East Mersea during the 1950s/60s, and pottering around in a dinghy on the Blackwater estuary.
__________________
Old 27-09-2010, 05:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tea bags that rot down in compost

Mike Lyle wrote:

In Sa'udi I briefly stayed with a German survey crew who had one: every
time they pitched a new camp, it had to be turned upside-down before it
would behave. I didn't have one at all, which was fine: no fresh milk,
and no meat which hadn't been alive a couple of hours before.

Oops! Sorry Urglers - I've just popped in from the Shed innit.

--
Rusty

Old 27-09-2010, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

kay wrote:
'Rusty Hinge[_2_ Wrote:
;901385']

We had an Osocool at the chalet in East Mersea. Better than nothing, but

not a patch on an eclectic refrigerator.

East Mersea? My Resident Oligochaetologist used to spend his summer
holidays in a beach hut at East Mersea during the 1950s/60s, and
pottering around in a dinghy on the Blackwater estuary.

Might have known same, then. Almost certainly Cooper's Beach (No chalets
left there now, all caravans)

I used to spend my time there in a similar manner, with some archaeology
on the side, and some wildfowling in the winter.

I think oligochaetology was Baby Grumplin's thang.

--
Rusty
Old 27-09-2010, 10:09 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge[_2_] View Post

Might have known same, then. Almost certainly Cooper's Beach (No chalets
left there now, all caravans)

I used to spend my time there in a similar manner, with some archaeology
on the side, and some wildfowling in the winter.

I think oligochaetology was Baby Grumplin's thang.
I got my directions wrong. He was West Mersea, a mile of mud away. Have a vague recollection from a previous conversation that you might both have been at the same school, but at different times. So despite bumping into each other elsewhere on usenet, it looks like the two of you haven't met in RL.
__________________
Old 28-09-2010, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

kay wrote:
'Rusty Hinge[_2_ Wrote:
;901447']

Might have known same, then. Almost certainly Cooper's Beach (No chalets

left there now, all caravans)

I used to spend my time there in a similar manner, with some archaeology

on the side, and some wildfowling in the winter.

I think oligochaetology was Baby Grumplin's thang.

I got my directions wrong. He was West Mersea, a mile of mud away. Have
a vague recollection from a previous conversation that you might both
have been at the same school, but at different times. So despite bumping
into each other elsewhere on usenet, it looks like the two of you
haven't met in RL.

Wot Skool?

Mrs. Murphy's?
Ashampstead?
Arnold House?
Brentwood?
Frinton Prep?
Wanstead County High?

--
Rusty
Old 29-09-2010, 06:35 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Hinge[_2_] View Post

Wot Skool?

Brentwood?
Y e s

How do you get pond plants to rot down on the compost heap Jq Roberts Gardening 5 15-08-2013 05:18 AM
compost "tea bags" Peter[_4_] Australia 5 11-09-2007 03:40 PM
rot rot rot [email protected] Orchids 29 30-03-2006 08:56 PM
Tea Leaves Down Sink Or Compost / Garden ? Martin United Kingdom 112 28-03-2004 03:55 AM
Tea Leaves Down Sink Or Compost / Garden ? Martin United Kingdom 3 22-03-2004 06:59 PM