Old 07-10-2010, 06:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Guess what I heard and saw?

On 2010-10-01 17:28:53 +0100, Spider said:

On 30/09/2010 23:22, Rusty Hinge wrote:
Spider wrote:

If you can't actually hold a spider, try staying close to it until
your level of anxiety drops. It will eventually help you cope with
difficult encounters, as will Tina's ploy of dealing with smaller
spiders. After all, with your petticoats around your ears, you can't
run very fast! :~))

Darn sight faster than with them round your ankles...

:~) Presumably you're not speaking from experience?

I'd pay good money to see Rusty running with his petticoats in any
position! ;-)

Best not encourage him, eh? :~), although RG once wore a skirt to work
for charity. Sorry, no pics (

Oh, what a let-down! You slipped up there! ;-)

Somethings are best left to the imagination :}

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London
Old 07-10-2010, 10:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote:

If you can't actually hold a spider, try staying close to it until
your level of anxiety drops. It will eventually help you cope with
difficult encounters, as will Tina's ploy of dealing with smaller
spiders. After all, with your petticoats around your ears, you
can't
run very fast! :~))

Darn sight faster than with them round your ankles...

:~) Presumably you're not speaking from experience?

I'd pay good money to see Rusty running with his petticoats in any
position! ;-)

Best not encourage him, eh? :~), although RG once wore a skirt to work
for charity. Sorry, no pics (

Oh, what a let-down! You slipped up there! ;-)

Somethings are best left to the imagination :}

Oh, come now - a little judicious blackmail never went amiss. ;-))

You don't, um, skirt around things, do you Sacha?!! Next time, I'll
have to remember my camera when he visits my wardrobe. Do you think
he'll need a 'tv' licence?

Old 08-10-2010, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Spider wrote:

[...]

For broadcasting? Definitely. ;-))

:~)) Heh heh!

Old 28-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Registered User

What do you have against spiders anyway?? They are very lovely creatures!!
__________________
bathroom furniture
Old 30-10-2010, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Partizannka wrote:
What do you have against spiders anyway?? They are very lovely
creatures!!

To what and whom are you replying?

Some quoted text would be an advantage.

--
Rusty

Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Partizannka" wrote in message

What do you have against spiders anyway?? They are very lovely
creatures!!

--
Partizannka

I have nothing against them, honest! They are undoubtedly beautiful and
useful creatures, and the world would be a worse place without them.

But I'm really, really scared of them! I don't know why! Even a picture in
a magazine is a problem! I've tried and tried to rationalise, but it
doesn't work. I'm just arachnaphobic, and that's it!

If they don't bother me, I don't bother them. But, I have this awful vision
of Pergatory where you come face to face with everything you've killed - and
it would contain, for me, a lot of wasps and spiders! Forgive me.

Barb

Old 10-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered User

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries on MacBook View Post
Whilst watching TV earlier I heard a sort of crackling sound. I looked
to where the sound was coming from and saw a huge spider running down a
window blind just to the left of me. He then dropped onto the floor,
plonk! He's in hiding now under our black leather sofa and recliners -
not sitting there any more Just goes to show how large these
spiders are to make a noise like that!!

SHUDDER

I'm going out tomorrow to see what I can find for deterring spiders.
May have to send off for it tho as I'm not at all sure any of our local
shops will have such a thing.

How do these huge spiders get into the house anyway? No windows are
open and they always seem to drop from the ceiling!

--

VAL'S PAGE
The same thing happened to me actually, it was when I was in bed, and I turned on the light and searched around and the spider was on the wall close to my pillow. I just got a glass and placed it over the spider and used paper to get the spider trapped in the glass and put it outside of the window. I am not really scared of spiders I just prefer for them not to be in my room while I am trying to sleep. I wouldn't worry about deterring the spider, I would just use the glass and paper method, and as for where they come from, they come from outside, since they are so small they can fit under any gap in the house and usually live underneath the floorboards (when I had my floor done there were LOADS down there) and often are found in the loft (again I found LOADS up there) and I think they just know where to go, they must have good navigation systems or something. It is quite creepy to think about how many spiders actually live in our homes. We should charge the little buggers rent!

Guess Who I Saw Today Way Back Jack[_10_] Gardening 27 30-04-2012 01:32 PM
Wow, I guess I don't need a grow light Michael Shaffer Ponds 2 06-11-2003 03:02 AM
Breakfast Guess Barbara2245 Ponds 8 01-07-2003 09:25 PM
any clematis experts want to give a guess at this particlar cultivar? xcitor Gardening 1 13-05-2003 04:44 PM
OK...Indoors it is I guess-more questions... TS Orchids 5 13-03-2003 05:08 AM