Old 07-05-2011, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening

Default Best?

Skipweasel wrote:
In article ,
says...
No, all it does is give filthy gardeners ideas about things they could
do with a stark naked growbag in the hot steamy greenhouse

With Charlotte Green?

And David Vine?

--
Old Nick
Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening

In article op.vu4p9fcyhswpfo@dell3100, says...
With Charlotte Green?

in the conservatory, with a lead pipe

Though the silken cord sounds more attractive...

Old 07-05-2011, 10:59 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening

On 07/05/2011 18:35, Skipweasel wrote:
In ,
says...
Therefore, each and every person MUST/SHOULD be treated with respect, even
if said manager or sales staff is working under pressure and feel that a
short, sharp, snappy response is all that is required :-((((((((((((

But learning a bit of body-language would save 'em pestering me with
"Can I help you?" when I'm radiating a strong "Leave me alone" glow.

Nothing wrong with being asked *once* IMHO.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
#www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.sheds,uk.rec.gardening

"John Williamson" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
"Skipweasel" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
But learning a bit of body-language would save 'em pestering me with
"Can I help you?" when I'm radiating a strong "Leave me alone" glow.

Nothing wrong with being asked *once* IMHO.

Harrumph. Perhaps they should have a tray of "When I'm good and ready"
badges at the door.

Which would serve the same purpose.

Trouble is, in a large shop you can get pestered several times as you
move around.

Rather like Jehovah Witnesses and the latest 'scam', 'money maker' for
some, Cavity Wall Insulation.

Got a wonderful way of getting rid of Jehovah Witnesses :-))))))

Use 'em as cavity wall insulation?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

:-)

No!

When I was in business I did a lot of work for a group of JW's. No objection
to them at all, as long as they don't knock on my door. When I lived in the
Midlands I had a group of 'somethings religious knocking on the door saying
that they were 'bringing the word of god to me'. "Sorry, I don't accept
second hand messages. Bring this god to me so I can hear it first hand' That
was about 50 years ago and do you know what? They never came back. As far as
I am concerned, the JWs I was dealing with were wonderful people. I knew the
whole family. They NEVER pushed their infliction on me.

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.