Old 09-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered User

Default Acer help - post deleted

Hi,

I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see that today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?

Anyway, is there someone that can help me with an acer that seems to be dying? I have no idea what is wrong with it and I am a novice gardener but any help would be appreciated.

I won't put all the details on here as I have obviously done something wrong previously, but if you could let me know where I need to go I would be grateful.

Thanks,

Steph
Old 09-05-2011, 03:38 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbonline View Post
Hi,

I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see that today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?
You are actually posting to the newsgroup uk.rec.gardening - gardenbanter is merely a site which gives access to newsgroups. Google also gives access to newsgroups - go to Google, click 'more' and choose 'groups' from the drop down menu. Then type uk.rec.gardening into the search box. You'll find your post is still there, and the answers to it.

Or you could get some newsreading software and go to uk.rec.gardening directly.
__________________
Old 09-05-2011, 04:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

sbonline wrote:

Hi,

I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see
that today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?

Anyway, is there someone that can help me with an acer that seems to
be dying? I have no idea what is wrong with it and I am a novice
gardener but any help would be appreciated.

I won't put all the details on here as I have obviously done something
wrong previously, but if you could let me know where I need to go I
would be grateful.

Your post is still here on my news-server but it depends on how you're
viewing it on your computer. It looks like you're using the
Gardenbanter site of which I have no knowledge.

Here's the thread in Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...a10c9d1e831fa#

--
Chris
Old 09-05-2011, 05:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"sbonline" wrote
I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see that
today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?

Anyway, is there someone that can help me with an acer that seems to be
dying? I have no idea what is wrong with it and I am a novice gardener
but any help would be appreciated.

I won't put all the details on here as I have obviously done something
wrong previously, but if you could let me know where I need to go I
would be grateful.

It's nothing you did wrong or because you are new. it's because you use
Gardenbanter to get to this Newsgroup (look it up) and they don't keep
replies etc in a good order. Most of us come direct here via our ISPs News
Server and use our e-mail client program (eg. Windows live mail) to access
Ngs on our PCs.

There are at least a couple of replies to your original post.
Anyway, it's quite a common problem this year, lots of previously hardy
trees and shrubs have died or have been cut back hard as yours appears to
have been. Wait until it is obvious what is dead and what isn't and cut out
all the dead stuff to let the remaining bits grow.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Old 09-05-2011, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

On 9 May 2011 15:23:48 GMT, "CT" wrote:

sbonline wrote:

Hi,

I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see
that today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?

Anyway, is there someone that can help me with an acer that seems to
be dying? I have no idea what is wrong with it and I am a novice
gardener but any help would be appreciated.

I won't put all the details on here as I have obviously done something
wrong previously, but if you could let me know where I need to go I
would be grateful.

Your post is still here on my news-server but it depends on how you're
viewing it on your computer. It looks like you're using the
Gardenbanter site of which I have no knowledge.

Here's the thread in Google Groups:
http://groups.google.com/group/uk.re...a10c9d1e831fa#

The thread's present, but snapped into two separate ones in Agent. I
suspect this is some kind of propagation fault in GB, though the fault
may be elsewhere. I don't think you've done anything wrong, Steph.

--
Mike.

Old 09-05-2011, 06:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Mon, 9 May 2011 14:25:19 +0000, sbonline
wrote:

Hi,

I posted a question yesterday about my acer and am surprised to see that
today it has just disappeared. Is this because I am new?

Anyway, is there someone that can help me with an acer that seems to be
dying? I have no idea what is wrong with it and I am a novice gardener
but any help would be appreciated.

I won't put all the details on here as I have obviously done something
wrong previously, but if you could let me know where I need to go I
would be grateful.

Thanks,

Steph

Possibilities:

1) Your original post was called "Acer Problem", not "Acer Help" so
you may be looking for the wrong thread

2) The Garden Banter interface (I've looked at it a few times and hate
it but that's another matter) has "Gardening" right at the top but if
you scroll down the display you get to the regional bit and there's a
listing there for "United Kingdom" which brings you to this newsgroup
and that's where your original post (question) is. So you may be
looking in the wrong bit of Garden Banter. Which is, of course,
another reason, to look at direct access to the newsgroup using a
newsreader (Windows Mail does it) as others have suggested. None of
your questions will ever be answered by Garden Banter - they are
simply sent on to us, we respond and Garden Banter takes the credit it
would seem.

There has been a flurry of acer problem questions in the last few days
(one of which came from me!) and you should find the answer to yours
easily if you look.

Jake