Old 19-06-2011, 11:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default at last, someone wants my muck heap :-)

I have been trying to find someone who want`s my muck heap for ages, now at
last a gentleman a few villages down the road want`s some to replenish all
the village floral tubs hanging baskets etc. now when we drive thro the
village and see how the flowers look we will be able to smile and thank our
horses. He also want more for his allotment, I am so pleased, daft isn't it
but I am easily pleased.

kate

Old 19-06-2011, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:55:53 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

I have been trying to find someone who want`s my muck heap for ages, now at
last a gentleman a few villages down the road want`s some to replenish all
the village floral tubs hanging baskets etc. now when we drive thro the
village and see how the flowers look we will be able to smile and thank our
horses. He also want more for his allotment, I am so pleased, daft isn't it
but I am easily pleased.

kate

Did he collect?

The thing stopping most people is the lack of transport available.

My OH winces when I put a plant in the car let alone anything else.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk
Old 19-06-2011, 01:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I have been trying to find someone who want`s my muck heap for ages, now at
last a gentleman a few villages down the road want`s some to replenish all
the village floral tubs hanging baskets etc. now when we drive thro the
village and see how the flowers look we will be able to smile and thank our
horses. He also want more for his allotment, I am so pleased, daft isn't it
but I am easily pleased.

kate

Did he collect?

Yes indeed he did :-)

Old 19-06-2011, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

I have been trying to find someone who want`s my muck heap for ages, now
at
last a gentleman a few villages down the road want`s some to replenish
all
the village floral tubs hanging baskets etc. now when we drive thro the
village and see how the flowers look we will be able to smile and thank
our
horses. He also want more for his allotment, I am so pleased, daft isn't
it
but I am easily pleased.

kate

Did he collect?

The thing stopping most people is the lack of transport available.

Someone here runs Riding for the Disabled and pastures a number of
horses as well as their own.They bag the manure in old fertiliser sacks
(free from farmer) and park the full sacks at easy parking access for
anyone to help themselves. I think some of the disabled youngsters also
care for the horses and help fill the bags. There's no charge but they
appreciate any donation to RDA. Take as much as you want, return the empty
sack for re-use. They get rid of all their waste and local gardeners are
very glad of it.

We have a small car; put the back seat down, line the boot with a HD
sheet of plastic and it will take 24 sacks per trip.

Janet

Where is 'here'?

Alan in Windsor

Old 20-06-2011, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

snip
Scotland. But RDA operate all over the UK; and other riding and livery
stables have the same need to get rid of all their manure.
Janet.

We are hoping to move up to Scotland one day so I will be picking your
brains for gardening up there if I may. Last year I went to the Royal
Highland Show and loved it, so different to shows down here, but I also
loved the wild lupins that grow alongside the roads.

kate

Old 20-06-2011, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"alan.holmes" wrote in message

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

wrote:

[...]

Too far north for you to worry about I think :-)

Bill

[IBC] Carving slate (muck) lynette g smith Bonsai 2 19-12-2003 03:33 PM
Plastic barrels, vortex and muck Phyllis and Jim Hurley Ponds 0 06-05-2003 06:20 AM
Muck Rake Design Greg Cooper Ponds 5 06-05-2003 02:23 AM
Any one need Horse Muck ???? bnd777 United Kingdom 4 29-04-2003 08:44 PM
free to good home, muck heap Kate Morgan United Kingdom 0 05-03-2003 02:13 PM