Old 03-11-2011, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Co-workers on allotments

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
From memory if seven or more people in an area demand allotments then
the Council has to do something about it.

So they'd have to club together then to make council knows that THEY
know there's a demand?
)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 03-11-2011, 12:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote ...

Bob Hobden writes
From memory if seven or more people in an area demand allotments then the
Council has to do something about it. (correction 6 persons)

So they'd have to club together then to make council knows that THEY know
there's a demand?
)

Yes, they would have to get together as a group to petition their local
Council. So sounds good but how do these people find each other without help
from the Council? The plot holders on our allotment site come from a wide
area, we are the only ones from this area (about 2 miles away), and others
come from 5 miles away from the site in the opposite direction.
--
Regards Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup from the W. of London UK

Old 03-11-2011, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Bob Hobden
writes
Yes, they would have to get together as a group to petition their local
Council. So sounds good but how do these people find each other without
help from the Council? The plot holders on our allotment site come from
a wide area, we are the only ones from this area (about 2 miles away),
and others come from 5 miles away from the site in the opposite
direction.

Maybe the allotmenteers could put a big poster that says you want an
allotment please contact ...... and put the name of someone who would
act as co ordinator. Or put an advert in the Press?
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Bob Hobden
writes
Yes, they would have to get together as a group to petition their local
Council. So sounds good but how do these people find each other without
help from the Council? The plot holders on our allotment site come from a
wide area, we are the only ones from this area (about 2 miles away), and
others come from 5 miles away from the site in the opposite direction.

Maybe the allotmenteers could put a big poster that says you want an
allotment please contact ...... and put the name of someone who would act
as co ordinator. Or put an advert in the Press?
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
http://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

Janet one doesn't pay for an advert in the local press :-((

A 'Letter to the Editor', which is free, brings a great response :-))

Worded carefully, it could possibly be 'The Letter of the Week' and be
awarded a financial reward.

Been there done that got the cheque. :-))

Mike

Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 17:41:41 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

Maybe the allotmenteers could put a big poster that says you want an
allotment please contact ...... and put the name of someone who would act
as co ordinator. Or put an advert in the Press?
--

Janet one doesn't pay for an advert in the local press :-((

A 'Letter to the Editor', which is free, brings a great response :-))

Worded carefully, it could possibly be 'The Letter of the Week' and be
awarded a financial reward.

Been there done that got the cheque. :-))

Mike

Ours pay pub vouchers (or did... ) and I enjoyed my pub dinner very
much!

--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk