Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-01-2012, 10:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ceanothus cuttings

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Charlie Pridham
writes
was also given a unit that works on sun light rather than air humidity to
operate but I have never seen them for sale, I use this as a mister for
the big greenhouse so stuff doest dry out, I have never seen them offered
for sale and it is not very controllable but there is a lot less to it so
I would imagine it would be a lot cheaper

You may consider a proper mist unit a good investment as you can (as I do)
use it for seed sowing, and keeping everything going while away on holiday

Charlie do i need a water supply then or does it have a reservoir that you
top up?
I have soil warming cables at the moment plus a heated tray etc. stopped
using my hotbox about 4 years ago as it was too expensive to run even just
to a couple of degrees.

Wondered if a container of water on top of the sand and then a cover would
be the same? I.e. the water evaporates and causes humidity?

I will look at 2 west's dew point cabinets. The bottom of that is my
tray/bench that i got from them so presumably the top will fit!
Considering the amount of cuttings i take it might be wroth my
while...........
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Yes you need a water supply for a mist unit,

Dave, Fog is very good but you just don't seem to be able to get the set up
easily, and of course if like me you have a mist unit that works really well
the incentive to switch to something you are not familiar with is not great
:~)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Ceanothus cuttings Timothy Murphy United Kingdom 5 19-03-2010 01:25 PM
Rock elm cuttings no go, but sour cherry cuttings are going [email protected] Plant Science 0 15-08-2008 07:15 AM
ceanothus emc United Kingdom 5 15-02-2003 05:06 PM
Ceanothus for hedging? david United Kingdom 6 15-02-2003 03:08 AM
Ceanothus for hedging? Adrian Stanley United Kingdom 3 08-02-2003 10:11 AM