Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-03-2012, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please someone help me i have no idea what i am doing or what im looking at!

"Timothy Murphy" wrote in message
Charlie Pridham wrote:

Every time you do a bit of gardening, aim to cover the cleared ground
straight away with mulch, around any new plants you put in, you can buy
bags of this at garden centres. if you don't the next time you get out to
do more gardening the first bit will be back to square one which can be a
bit depressing.

What kind of "mulch" exactly are you referring to?
Bark chips, wood chips, ...?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net

Absolutely anything organic, what ever you can lay your hands on, it just
needs to be weed free (ie not animal manures) but bark is fine, I use garden
shreddings and lawn mowings but the posters garden is too small to produce
enough so they will have to buy it in

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs