Old 22-04-2012, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Drought

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk
Old 23-04-2012, 07:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 22, 10:49*pm, tony wrote:
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bullwww.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

Exactly the sort of weather that was promised as a result of global
warming.
Old 23-04-2012, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/04/2012 07:52, harry wrote:
On Apr 22, 10:49 pm, wrote:
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bullwww.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

Exactly the sort of weather that was promised as a result of global
warming.

I thought that global warming forecast warm wet Winters and hot dry
Summers, so they got that wrong in most respects.

Old 23-04-2012, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 23, 4:20*pm, Moonraker wrote:
On 23/04/2012 07:52, harry wrote: On Apr 22, 10:49 pm, *wrote:
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bullwww.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

Exactly the sort of weather that was promised as a result of global
warming.

I thought that global warming forecast warm wet Winters and hot dry
Summers, so they got that wrong in most respects.

It forecast extreme weather.
Weather is generated by temperature differences.
Old 23-04-2012, 05:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23/04/2012 07:52, harry wrote: On Apr 22, 10:49 pm, tonyt...@caterpi=

llarfountain.co.uk wrote:

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.

Exactly the sort of weather that was promised as a result of global
warming.

I thought that global warming forecast warm wet Winters and hot dry
Summers, so they got that wrong in most respects.

It forecast extreme weather.
Weather is generated by temperature differences.

Yes, precisely. The meteorologists (as distinct from the Daily Wail
and Murdogians) said that the one thing we would guarantee was less
predictability, but their best guess is that the UK would get colder
and wetter.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 24-04-2012, 11:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message ...
In article
,

llarfountain.co.uk wrote:

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.

Exactly the sort of weather that was promised as a result of global
warming.

I thought that global warming forecast warm wet Winters and hot dry
Summers, so they got that wrong in most respects.

It forecast extreme weather.
Weather is generated by temperature differences.

Yes, precisely. The meteorologists (as distinct from the Daily Wail
and Murdogians) said that the one thing we would guarantee was less
predictability, but their best guess is that the UK would get colder
and wetter.

Which is why now it is knows as Climate Change.

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Old 25-04-2012, 08:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"tony" wrote ...

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.

It's because of all the hose pipe bans. The same thing happened in '76, the
Government made someone a drought czar and it didn't stop raining
thereafter. It's a policy that obviously works well.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 25-04-2012, 08:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"tony" wrote ...

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.

It's because of all the hose pipe bans. The same thing happened in '76,
the Government made someone a drought czar and it didn't stop raining
thereafter. It's a policy that obviously works well.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Ah! The hot Summer of 1976. I spent nearly all of that dry period fighting
to get planning permission to put a big extension on the front of my house.
AOB and they were finicky. Got planning permission at last, when the skies
opened :-((

Did I enjoy that nice hot sunny Summer? No :-( I was teaching in one of the
prisons :-( 13 locks to undo to get my room ready!

Mike

Old 27-04-2012, 12:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"tony" wrote in message
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

I do so wish that people would not panic about drought. We have a maritime
climate in the UK and it will sort itself.
We won't ever have too much sun or too much rain (but it will not come
exactly as we want it)
After a supposed drought, it's been throwing it down here most days for
three weeks, sometime for 36 hours and we have had floods.
It will work itself out. It always does.

Old 27-04-2012, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Christina Websell
writes

"tony" wrote in message
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

I do so wish that people would not panic about drought. We have a maritime
climate in the UK and it will sort itself.
We won't ever have too much sun or too much rain (but it will not come
exactly as we want it)
After a supposed drought, it's been throwing it down here most days for
three weeks, sometime for 36 hours and we have had floods.
It will work itself out. It always does.

I do wish people would understand the definition of a draught before
going on about it.
--
hugh
Old 27-04-2012, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , ]
says...

"tony" wrote in message
This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

I do so wish that people would not panic about drought. We have a maritime
climate in the UK and it will sort itself.
We won't ever have too much sun or too much rain (but it will not come
exactly as we want it)
After a supposed drought, it's been throwing it down here most days for
three weeks, sometime for 36 hours and we have had floods.
It will work itself out. It always does.

I do wish people would understand the definition of a draught before
going on about it.

I just wish people could grasp the difference between a drought and a
draught.

Janet
Old 28-04-2012, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 27, 12:45*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
"tony" wrote in message

This must be the wettest drought since records began. I blame global
warming.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarrfountain.co.uk

I do so wish that people would not panic about drought. *We have a maritime
climate in the UK and it will sort itself.
We won't ever have too much sun or too much rain (but it will not come
exactly as we want it)
After a supposed drought, it's been throwing it down here most days for
three weeks, sometime for 36 hours and we have had floods.
It will work itself out. *It always does.

Surely we have too much of everything weather wise, and increasingly
so according to global warming predictions?
So, depending on how the highs and lows are distributed in the
Atlantic we either get several weeks of rain, several weeks of sun,
several weeks of wind, cold, etc., instead of a day or two of this and
a day or two of that.

I agree it will work itself out though and come down to averages in
the long-term but often the weather is damned inconvenient to say the
least and goes on for far too long.

Doug.

Old 28-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Exactly the sort of weather that was promised as a result of global
warming.

I thought that global warming forecast warm wet Winters and hot dry
Summers, so they got that wrong in most respects.

It forecast extreme weather.
Weather is generated by temperature differences.

Yes, precisely. The meteorologists (as distinct from the Daily Wail
and Murdogians) said that the one thing we would guarantee was less
predictability, but their best guess is that the UK would get colder
and wetter.

Which is why now it is knows as Climate Change.
I do wish people would check with responsible web sites such as NOAA and NASA rather than just glibly repeating what the Watermelons propaganda says. There is no proven correlation between weather events and global warming, indeed the number of land fall hurricanes has considerably decreased since the 1950s. The main cause of such events are the El Nino and La Nina events currently we are in a declining La Nina period.
Old 28-04-2012, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

I agree it will work itself out though and come down to averages in
the long-term but often the weather is damned inconvenient to say the
least and goes on for far too long.

But where would we be without weather?

dog-gone another drought, only this is a Spring time drought [email protected] Plant Science 5 06-06-2006 06:27 PM
(LONG) Drought likely for 3rd year in Klamath Basin Daniel B. Wheeler alt.forestry 0 23-02-2003 12:54 AM
Drought and Roses B. Midler Roses 11 15-02-2003 08:15 AM
Drought & more len brauer Permaculture 7 28-01-2003 04:26 PM
Drought Fran Higham Permaculture 2 16-01-2003 11:20 PM