Old 01-07-2012, 12:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default After the hail

Yes, I have lost quite a lot of plants on the allotment.
Peas are smashed, as are some french beans I planted out last week, some of
the runner beans have suffered, and the spinach has been uprooted (how?)
Only a few sweetcorn plants have survived. Strawberries bashed

Lettuces laugh at hail, apparently..they are fine. Amazing, isn't it?

Old 01-07-2012, 11:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 1, 12:18*am, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
Yes, I have lost quite a lot of plants on the allotment.
Peas are smashed, as are some french beans I planted out last week, some of
the runner beans have suffered, and the spinach has been uprooted (how?)
Only a few sweetcorn plants have survived. *Strawberries bashed

Lettuces laugh at hail, apparently..they are fine. *Amazing, isn't it?

I notice more and more posts on here related to the weather. Does no
one using this group care that predictions made in regard to the
effects of global warming all seem to be pretty accurate, with the
only exception being the process seems to happening a lot faster than
was initially expected?

There is little or no accurate information in the corporate media
concerning global warming, but users of this NG seem to be
experiencing the effects of this first hand, so it seems surprising no
one seems to have grasped the fact that propaganda related to global
warming issued through the corpse media simply isnt correct?
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

I think that people using this group are more concerned with the effects
rather than the cause, about which they can do nothing.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

If the effects of global warming continue at the present rate,
cultivation outdoors will become difficult/impossible within the
lifetime of people alive today, and more than 1000 species of wildlife
will become extinct.

The view that the majority of people can do nothing about the actions
of very small minorities interested in little more than increasing
profits, is the sole reason that these voracious minorities can do
pretty much as they please!
Old 01-07-2012, 12:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 1, 11:44*am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 03:16:01 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike

wrote:
Yes, I have lost quite a lot of plants on the allotment.
Peas are smashed, as are some french beans I planted out last week, some of
the runner beans have suffered, and the spinach has been uprooted (how?)
Only a few sweetcorn plants have survived. *Strawberries bashed

Lettuces laugh at hail, apparently..they are fine. *Amazing, isn't it?

I notice more and more posts on here related to the weather. Does no
one using this group care that predictions made in regard to the
effects of global warming all seem to be pretty accurate, with the
only exception being the process seems to happening a lot faster than
was initially expected?

Which of the many forecasts?
--

Martin

I would suggest opening your own eyes and observing the freak weather
conditions which are now pretty much the norm, rather than taking
notice of ridiculous propaganda issued by the corpse media.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

I think we ARE doing something about it. We have waste bins of various
colours, ours brown for garden waste, red for plastic/poly and cardboard,
blue for paper, and green for glass and metals. We also have a large
black bin for anything which does not fit any of those categories.
Then there are electrical goods such as televisions, PC's, microwave
ovens,fridges and the like, which most people take to the council tip to
get recycled.

20 years or so ago, everything went into the large black bin and went to
landfill and most of it could have been recycled, but it was all left to
rot. Much of it will never rot.

Then there is car sharing to do a trebble whammy. Cut down on fuel
emissions, cut down on the depleting fossil fuel useage which will, in
turn cut down in traffic congestion(which helps the first two). It has to
happen surely? Or get some major public transport policy for towns by the
government.

Or is it too little too late?
Baz

Old 01-07-2012, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 1, 11:48*am, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 11:31:59 +0100, David Hill

wrote:
[...]

and the effects are arguable.

James Lovelockhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Lovelock
"In an April 2012 interview, aired on MSNBC, Lovelock stated that he
had been "alarmist", using the words “All right, I made a mistake,”
about the timing of climate change and noted the documentary An
Inconvenient Truth and the book The Weather Makers as examples of the
same kind of alarmism. Lovelock still believes the climate to be
warming although the rate of change is not as he once thought, he
admitted that he had been “extrapolating too far." He believes that
climate change is still happening, but it will be felt farther in the
future. Of the claims “the science is settled” on global warming he
states.
“One thing that being a scientist has taught me is that you can never
be certain about anything. You never know the truth. You can only
approach it and hope to get a bit nearer to it each time. You iterate
towards the truth. You don’t know it.”
--

Martin

I dont think you quite grasp the fact that those in a position to slow
down the very obvious effects of global warming, are also those who
profit most by doing nothing. Cleverly presented propaganda is likely
to deceive a fair number of people, but in this case anyone able to
take note of the increasingly strange weather patterns that have come
about due to global warming, should be able to see such propaganda in
its true light.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 1, 2:16*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 04:59:27 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike

wrote:
[...]

Of course absolutely nobody makes money from selling solar panels &
building wind turbines do they?
--

Martin

The worlds most prolific polluter (USA) is strangely enough the most
vocal in its opposition to any realistic measures to reduce levels of
pollution. Unrestricted right to pollute makes the USA an awful lot of
money, and its pretty silly to mention things to do with "greenwash"
in relation to something which should be the worlds No1 concern at the
moment.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Jul 1, 2:14*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 1 Jul 2012 04:54:44 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike

wrote:
[...]

Opening your eyes lets you see the current weather not the future.
--

Martin

Obviously its very easy for most people over the age of 40 say, to
compare what the weather is like today, to that which was common 20
years ago.

Then have a look at predictions for climate change made 20 years ago,
and without the ingestion of corp media propaganda, see how very
accurate they were.....................
Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Who the hell really believes all that rubbish about global warming?

Alan

Old 01-07-2012, 03:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Like the volume of rain and the cold weather we have been having more of!

Alan

Old 01-07-2012, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Pretty much all of the scientists whose field this is! And maybe
anyone who is a gardener, and is currently experiencing effects of the
worst summer weather in the last 100 years?

Its astonishing how much of a hold ridiculous corporate media
propaganda appears to have over what I would imagine are reasonably
intelligent people, who seem quite unable to grasp the fact that those
making enormous amounts of money by being able to pollute the planet
freely, also own and control the corporate media
itself.......................
Old 01-07-2012, 04:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

This summer is the worst in the last 100 years, and as predicted
winter and summer are gradually become more and more alike. The fact
that those who stand to gain most by being able to pollute freely,
also own and control the corporate media, is something that escapes
many people.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:
[...]

Especially not the Prime Minister's father in law! Please note that 'global
warming' has been dropped (because it was found to be false) so now it is
called 'climate change' instead.

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 01-07-2012, 09:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I would suggest opening your own eyes and observing the freak weather

conditions which are now pretty much the norm, rather than taking
notice of ridiculous propaganda issued by the corpse media.

Like the volume of rain and the cold weather we have been having more of!

Alan

But then in my younger day it was the Atom bombs that were to blame,
followed by the testing of Hydrogen Bombs, then all the rockets punching
holes in the Ozone layer, then it was pollution from cars then all
pollution from industry etc.
I bet they blamed fire, the wheel, bows and arrows, gunpowder........

Goldfish Dead after Hail Storm Ken Kose Ponds 4 16-08-2011 11:14 PM
WTB- ¾ Ton pickup- Pay cash Hail damage ok Chris Hagelstein Texas 0 12-05-2003 08:20 PM
Hail Stephen G United Kingdom 2 12-05-2003 02:12 PM
Hosta -- Hail Damage TYbarmea Gardening 3 03-05-2003 09:08 PM
Hail ! Terry Horton Texas 4 05-04-2003 11:11 AM