Old 28-08-2012, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wake up call?

Posters on here seem to believe pretty much any nonsense they are fed by the corp media! In regards to matters concerning global warming the corp media propaganda is directly contradictory to many posters first hand experiences of freak weather conditions, which are in most cases a direct effect of global warming.

Given the track record of the corp media for telling the truth, it seems strange that anyone would take what they have to say seriously, as this blind faith in what is in effect government propaganda, has cost many hundreds of thousands of lives, and ££££ billions of taxpayers money, in regard to UK support of illegal US attacks in various locations around the world.

Old 28-08-2012, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:19:29 AM UTC+1, Roger Tonkin wrote:
In article ,

says...

Posters on here seem to believe pretty much any nonsense they are fed by the corp media! In regards to matters concerning global warming the corp media propaganda is directly contradictory to many posters first hand experiences of freak weather conditions, which are in most cases a direct effect of global warming.

Given the track record of the corp media for telling the truth, it seems strange that anyone would take what they have to say seriously, as this blind faith in what is in effect government propaganda, has cost many hundreds of thousands of lives, and ££££ billions of taxpayers money, in regard to UK support of illegal US attacks in various locations around the world.

I suggest that you go back to sleep and save us from your continual

diatribes.

This is a gardening group, not a political mouthpiece for idiots like

you.

So go back to sleep, or even better, go away!

--

Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales

Seems very worrying that a very small minority of people, who are very effectively destroying our planet for financial gain, is thought to be a "political" matter, and therefore of no interest whatever to those who are suffering the consequences of this voracious greed?

Like it or not we all live on the planet earth, and dismissing out of hand the single most important subject there is to discuss, is perhaps reflective of the fact that users of this NG simply dont give a shit about the futures of their children/grandchildren, and are happy to let the greeds continue unchecked?

Old 28-08-2012, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-08-28 10:19:30 +0100, Roger Tonkin said:

.

snip

I suggest that you go back to sleep and save us from your continual

diatribes.

This is a gardening group, not a political mouthpiece for idiots like

you.

So go back to sleep, or even better, go away!

Please could I put in a tiny plea that if anyone must reply to the

(mercifully few) idiots infesting this group, they don't quote them?!

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I wonder why anyone who gives a shit is thought to be an "idiot"? Personally I feel that someone who posts a link to a dodgy charity at the foot of every post, and doesnt seem to give a shit about anything much, is perhaps more of an "idiot" than myself!
Old 28-08-2012, 02:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 05:54:35 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike wrote:

Like it or not we all live on the planet earth, and dismissing out of
hand the single most important subject there is to discuss, is perhaps
reflective of the fact that users of this NG simply dont give a shit
about the futures of their children/grandchildren, and are happy to let
the greeds continue unchecked?

Oh we do give a shit but this is not the place to discuss it.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Old 28-08-2012, 02:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:28:04 PM UTC+1, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 05:54:35 -0700 (PDT), Steerpike wrote:

Like it or not we all live on the planet earth, and dismissing out of

hand the single most important subject there is to discuss, is perhaps

reflective of the fact that users of this NG simply dont give a shit

about the futures of their children/grandchildren, and are happy to let

the greeds continue unchecked?

Oh we do give a shit but this is not the place to discuss it.

--

Cheers

Dave.

I would have thought as you all have the hobby of gardening in common, and the fact that this is likely to become impossible out of doors within our lifetimes, that this is certainly just the place to discuss this particular subject?
Old 28-08-2012, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Steerpike wrote:

I would have thought as you all have the hobby of gardening in
common, and the fact that this is likely to become impossible out of
doors within our lifetimes, that this is certainly just the place to
discuss this particular subject?

I suppose that POV is not *quite* as bad as the one I read on the
Guardian's website the other day which reckoned they were going to
actually see the end of humanity within their lifetime (not quite sure
how that's supposed to work, but hey ho).

--
Chris
Old 28-08-2012, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tuesday, August 28, 2012 2:52:54 PM UTC+1, CT wrote:
Steerpike wrote:

I would have thought as you all have the hobby of gardening in

common, and the fact that this is likely to become impossible out of

doors within our lifetimes, that this is certainly just the place to

discuss this particular subject?

I suppose that POV is not *quite* as bad as the one I read on the

Guardian's website the other day which reckoned they were going to

actually see the end of humanity within their lifetime (not quite sure

how that's supposed to work, but hey ho).

--

Chris

The corp media looks like it has taken you hook line and sinker..........weird that not one of you seems to have even a cursory understanding of how the propaganda/control systems actually work, even though for most they pretty effectively determine how you think!
Old 29-08-2012, 11:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Steerpike writes
[...]

Yup Absolutely right, so obviously we are beyond redemption so you might
as well **** off somewhere else.
--
hugh
Old 30-08-2012, 09:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wednesday, August 29, 2012 11:44:52 PM UTC+1, hugh wrote:
In message ,

Steerpike writes

Just the type of response those ****ing our planet for personal gain like to see Hugh.........

Old 30-08-2012, 01:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Steerpike writes
[...]

I've read about people like you in the Daily mail.
--
hugh
Old 30-08-2012, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thursday, August 30, 2012 2:03:20 PM UTC+1, hugh wrote:
In message ,

Steerpike writes

[...]

I should have guessed you read the Mail......one step up from the Sun, but still very much reserved for those who are more than slightly gullible!
Old 31-08-2012, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

I've read about people like you in the Daily mail.

and in public loos.

Would it be possible, as Sacha requested within this thread, to snip some
previous replies when responding?

Baz
Old 31-08-2012, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ken Ken is offline

On Friday, August 31, 2012 11:20:44 AM UTC+1, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 31 Aug 2012 10:02:37 GMT, Baz wrote:

Martin wrote in

:

I've read about people like you in the Daily mail.

and in public loos.

Would it be possible, as Sacha requested within this thread, to snip some

previous replies when responding?

Without snipping the context and making the post meaningless.

It would be better to put him in your kill file, like most others

have, if you haven't done so already.

--

Martin

Shame it wasnt possible to simply put those ****ing our planet for profit, into a kill file of some sort!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message ,
Steerpike writes
[...]

Yes indeed so you are wasting your time aren't you.
--
hugh