Old 09-09-2012, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Why not?

In article , Guy
Fawkes writes
Janet I wonder do you drink alcohol or smoke tobacco? Have you tried
cannabis, and do you feel that making it illegal for tax reasons is a
good idea, bearing in mind how much more damaging the popular legal
drugs are, and how much they cost the taxpayer every year in terms of
healthcare issues?

No never drink, don't like alcohol taste, and never smoked. Not tried
cannabis either but have a friend who has fairly advanced MS and a fair
bit of pain.

Cars have a lot of tax on them and I suspect in side issues they also
cost the taxpayer lots of money in terms of health care.
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 09-09-2012, 02:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 08/09/2012 21:33, wrote:
In article ,
Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Sacha
writes

What is now known about the effects of long-term smoking of cannabis is
far too worrying to be lightheared about it. Imo.

And it's all the idiots who use it for recreational purposes that then
make it difficult to obtain for treating conditions such as MS.

Now that modern analytical chemistry can detect it in blood there is no
compelling reason to ban it. Intoxication can be tested and compared to
both alcohol and tobacco the total harm it does is relatively modest. It
may even benefit people with certain conditions like MS and also as an
effective anti-emetic for use in chemotherapy.

Actually, no, sorry. The prejudice against and demonisation of
cannabis started something like a century ago, and I have absolutely
no idea why. It used to be part of the British Pharmacopeia, but
has been significantly more restricted than morphine, heroin and
cocaine for a century. It's very odd.

Amongst other players William Randolph Hearst was hacked off that the
Mexicans nabbed some of his prime timber land in the Spanish-American
war and used his media empire to spread insane scare stories about
Mexicans and "Marihuana" carefully avoiding telling them it was the same
stuff as the Indian Hemp in various patent medicines of the day.

http://www.pasadenaweekly.com/cms/st...nspiracy/9329/

Soon to be unemployed alcohol prohibitionists later leapt at the chance
to empire build with a newly demonised target to attack and so the US
"war-on-drugs" was born. They have been losing it ever since.

You can blame "The League of Nations" for the global ban...

http://www.idmu.co.uk/historical.htm
(although I am not convinced this site is impartial)

It seems that overly powerful newspaper magnates are very dangerous and
can influence public opinion using fake stories and selective editing in
ways that result in perverse outcomes detrimental to society.

Some things don't change - scare stories sell lots more newspapers.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 09-09-2012, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sunday, September 9, 2012 1:18:33 PM UTC+1, Janet wrote:
In article , Guy

Fawkes writes

Janet I wonder do you drink alcohol or smoke tobacco? Have you tried

cannabis, and do you feel that making it illegal for tax reasons is a

good idea, bearing in mind how much more damaging the popular legal

drugs are, and how much they cost the taxpayer every year in terms of

healthcare issues?

No never drink, don't like alcohol taste, and never smoked. Not tried

cannabis either but have a friend who has fairly advanced MS and a fair

bit of pain.

Cars have a lot of tax on them and I suspect in side issues they also

cost the taxpayer lots of money in terms of health care.

--

Janet Tweedy

If you have a friend with MS, then you might know first hand how effective the relief provided by cannabis is?

The main reason cannabis is illegal is due to the ease it can be cultivated at home. If it was legal this would put those pedalling alcohol and tobacco out of business pretty much overnight, which would mean a lot tax to finance wars, and to bail out corrupt bankers.............
Old 09-09-2012, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin Brown wrote:

Actually, no, sorry. The prejudice against and demonisation of
cannabis started something like a century ago, and I have absolutely
no idea why. It used to be part of the British Pharmacopeia, but
has been significantly more restricted than morphine, heroin and
cocaine for a century. It's very odd.

Amongst other players William Randolph Hearst was hacked off that the
Mexicans nabbed some of his prime timber land in the Spanish-American
war ...

I said that I wouldn't follow-up on the politics, and won't, but
you might like this correction of fact.

That's a decade later and in a far country. Try the Dangerous Drugs
Act 1920, the Dangerous Drugs Amendment Act 1923 and the 1928
amendment to the DDA 1920. Unfortunately, they are not online, and
it would be the record in Hansard that would be more interesting.
I doubt that I am going to get time to look at them.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 11:24:37 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:40:53 +0100, Sacha wrote:

What is now known about the effects of long-term smoking of cannabis is
far too worrying to be lightheared about it.

Same can be said about smoking tobacco and, to a lesser extent, drinking
alcohol...

If you put them in order of health risks due to long term excess you
get

Tobacco
Alcohol
Pot

I once thought it might help me with the pain of my broken bones.
Unfortunately I live in such a nice area that no one sells it on street
corners, so I still haven't smoked cannabis ever.
I would if I thought it would help, medically.
Now how can a dried plant (tobacco) be legal and another one not?
Tina

Old 12-09-2012, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:40:53 +0100, Sacha wrote:

What is now known about the effects of long-term smoking of cannabis is

far too worrying to be lightheared about it.

Same can be said about smoking tobacco and, to a lesser extent, drinking

alcohol...

If you put them in order of health risks due to long term excess you

get

Tobacco

Alcohol

Pot

I once thought it might help me with the pain of my broken bones.

Unfortunately I live in such a nice area that no one sells it on street

corners, so I still haven't smoked cannabis ever.

I would if I thought it would help, medically.

Now how can a dried plant (tobacco) be legal and another one not?

Tina

Simple Tina.............the far more dangerous of the 2 (tobacco) cannot be easily grown at home, and also brings in the government (which supposedly is concerned with health!) many millions a year in tax revenue!

Cannabis will greatly help you with pain relief is 100% natural and non addictive, and its very easy to buy seeds from the net, and grow a few plants for your own personal use at home,

Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-09 16:32:12 +0100, Guy Fawkes said:

[...]

None of your political ranting is on topic for this group. Illegal

drugs harm and/or kill people and quite clearly, they scramble their

brains.

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Interesting that you feel that spending taxpayers money on illegal wars, and funding corrupt bankers is merely "political ranting"!

I wonder why exactly you have a link to a dodgy charity operation at the bottom of all your posts?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:40:53 +0100, Sacha wrote:

What is now known about the effects of long-term smoking of cannabis is
far too worrying to be lightheared about it.

Same can be said about smoking tobacco and, to a lesser extent, drinking

alcohol...

If you put them in order of health risks due to long term excess you

get
Tobacco
Alcohol
Pot

And not forgetting ecstacy which as the UK's top drugs expert committee
chairman pointed out is roughly about as dangerous as riding a horse.
(an accurate observation of the risk that cost him his job).

I once thought it might help me with the pain of my broken bones.
Unfortunately I live in such a nice area that no one sells it on street
corners, so I still haven't smoked cannabis ever.
I would if I thought it would help, medically.

You can also cook with it.

Now how can a dried plant (tobacco) be legal and another one not?

Tina

Simple Tina.............the far more dangerous of the 2 (tobacco) cannot be easily grown at home, and also brings in the government (which supposedly is concerned with health!) many millions a year in tax revenue!

Yes it can. I grew it on a plot one year at school for the biology
master who ran the science club. Doesn't mature very well or get much by
way of active ingredient but it grew OK and had plenty of leaves. Not
worth the effort but it was interesting to try and grow.

Mostly we grew tomatoes and ornamental plants to sell at school fairs
and bred axolotyls, genetic mice and rats for classes.

Cannabis will greatly help you with pain relief is 100% natural and non addictive, and its very easy to buy seeds from the net, and grow a few plants for your own personal use at home,

I'd say cannabis was a lot more dependent on strong light levels than
tobacco. Though both prefer much warmer sunnier climes than the UK.

Opium poppies are similar in the UK - not enough light for them to make
their active ingredient in significant quantities. A few ornamental ones
revert to wild type every now and then out of so many seedlings.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old 12-09-2012, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

[...]

Very very easy to get a few growlights.........
Old 12-09-2012, 11:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-09 16:32:12 +0100, Guy Fawkes said:

[...]

As a cannabis user you're a perfect example of its dangers. I'm not

interested in your rubbish so don't bother trying either to insult me

or persuade me as you have rendered your own opinions worthless.

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

I dont use cannabis, tobacco or alcohol, and I dont advertise dodgy charities at the foot of every one of my posts!

However unlike yourself I do have first hand experience of illicit drug use, and have not need to rely on the crap to be found in the corporate media related to drug use................

Old 12-09-2012, 10:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-09 16:32:12 +0100, Guy Fawkes said:

[...]

You must be on something if you think anyone is going to take seriously

the ravings of a ccoward who posts anonymously to insult others and to

disparage a charity that does wonderful work. Frankly, I don't care

what you're taking but you won't be exhibiting its effects to me any

further.

--

Sacha

www.hillhousenursery.com

South Devon

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

The people who criticised the charity you represent were several ex service associations, who seemed to be suggesting that flash new buildings, dont do their members much good, when many dont have the simple things required for everyday existence!

As for "Heros" not sure I would have used that word in regard to people taking part in illegal wars, which have nothing whatsoever to do with the security of the UK?
Old 16-09-2012, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Guy
Fawkes writes
dodgy charity operation

May we quote this when they come to sue?
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 16-09-2012, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-16 14:32:50 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Guy

Fawkes writes

dodgy charity operation

May we quote this when they come to sue?

He's a dirty little coward. It's easy to attack those that do something

positive, when you're hiding behind a negative identity!

--

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19112550
Old 16-09-2012, 06:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19112550 Those running this type of charity would probably otherwise be selling used cars, or doing dodgy tarmac drives!
Old 16-09-2012, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-09-16 14:32:50 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

In article , Guy
Fawkes writes
dodgy charity operation

May we quote this when they come to sue?

He's a dirty little coward. It's easy to attack those that do something
positive, when you're hiding behind a negative identity!

Not so negative. His name is Chris Stevens, He posted here as Steerpike
and is known in other groups as Tony99. He is as popular in other groups
as he is here. A nasty piece of work!

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/