Old 13-10-2012, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Theft

In article , Martin
writes
Wot, no cuddly toy?

Open the box!
--

Martin

Take the money !!

....................... (please explain to anyone under 40!!)
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 13-10-2012, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
Open the box!

Take the money !!

...................... (please explain to anyone under 40!!)

Double Your Money!
--

Martin

No it's not it's take you pick with your quiz inquisitor Michael miles.
Hughie green did Double Your Money and I still remember the song!
Everyone went "ooooh" at "tonight's star Prize"

The cuddly toy was Bruce in the Generation Game ...............
Old 13-10-2012, 09:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Game shows of the past

On 13/10/2012 19:41, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 19:35:57 +0100, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Martin
writes
Open the box!

Take the money !!

...................... (please explain to anyone under 40!!)

Double Your Money!

Thread drift!

No it's not it's take you pick with your quiz inquisitor Michael miles.
Hughie green did Double Your Money and I still remember the song!
Everyone went "ooooh" at "tonight's star Prize"

The cuddly toy was Bruce in the Generation Game ...............

You've led a wasted life, Janet :-)

Give her the money Barnie!

In my day it was "Give her the money Mabel"
And for real nostalgia try http://www.turnipnet.com/radio/haveago.wav
Old 14-10-2012, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Janet Tweedy wrote:
Take the money !!

...................... (please explain to anyone under 40!!)

Double Your Money!
--

Martin

No it's not it's take you pick with your quiz inquisitor Michael miles.
Hughie green did Double Your Money and I still remember the song!
Everyone went "ooooh" at "tonight's star Prize"

The cuddly toy was Bruce in the Generation Game ...............

Also, I think, Larry with the Generation Game.
Old 14-10-2012, 11:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 09:56:44 +0200, Martin wrote:

We left a bag with passports, plane tickets and an expensive camera on
a seat outside a cafe in Greece, we had driven some distance before we
realised. We turned around went back and the bag was still on the
chair. A friend left a camera in a bag under a seat outside a cafe in
Versailles. He went back within minutes and the camera had gone. It
was late at night, the street was empty. He was sure that the guy
working in the cafe had taken it, but could prove nothing.

On a day trip to France many years ago a friend lost her Handbag
somewhere in Cherbourg, what made it awkward to report the loss was
that she should not have been in the Country . We didn't know until we
were aboard the outbound ferry that at the time Maltese nationals
needed a Visa for France ,the lass had a Maltese passport despite
having lived in the UK since she was a child. Her Cousin who looked
very much like her was traveling with her British husband on their
joint passport ,a degree of planned fumbling by those on one side of
the coach delayed the French official on one side whilst the couple
were checked on the other and once checked the joint passport was
swiftly conjured across to the single girl. When the official on that
side reached here he believed she was traveling without her husband,
that meant she was not left alone on the ferry all day. So not being
able to report the loss she was a bit upset but was amazed that 15
min's into the return journey was called to the reception desk where
she was reunited with her bag. A kind person had found it on the back
of a chair in a Cafe and after a quick look inside deduced it belonged
to somebody from England,they also made a guess that the person would
be catching a Ferry to England shortly so took it straight to the
ferry company office in time for it to be sent on board. That seemed a
pretty decent thing to do.
The person was anonymous so a thank you letter was written ,translated
and with the help of a journalist friend sent to a local newspaper in
the town to be published.

G.Harman

Old 15-10-2012, 12:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
No it's not it's take you pick with your quiz inquisitor Michael miles.
Hughie green did Double Your Money and I still remember the song!
Everyone went "ooooh" at "tonight's star Prize"

The cuddly toy was Bruce in the Generation Game ...............

You've led a wasted life, Janet :-)

Ah but that was before I was married and I lived in chesterfield, not a
lot to do there
Things got better after 18
Old 16-10-2012, 08:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
You moved? :-)
--

Martin

Got married and yes actually, moved as well
Old 16-10-2012, 06:46 PM
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Top quality cat burglar:

Cat Burglar - Dusty The Clepto Cat

Allotment 'Theft' ? Jim Paterson United Kingdom 2 05-01-2007 09:17 AM
Orchid Photo Theft vortex Orchids 37 21-08-2006 01:00 PM
sago, $$ plant theft, electronic chips and other deterrents. Gardñ@Gardñ.info Gardening 0 23-08-2004 06:49 AM
[IBC] Obsession and theft Anton Nijhuis Bonsai 8 30-04-2003 02:56 PM
Garden ornament theft Essjay001 United Kingdom 5 24-04-2003 01:20 AM