Old 29-11-2012, 09:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default the world is coming to an end on 21st Dec.. 2012!!

On 2012-11-29 16:56:05 +0000, David Hill
said:

I don't think advertisers have realised that sometimes people can be so
irritated by repetitive showing of an ad that it can put them off the
product through sheer annoyance! I mean - how many cheap sofas does
anyone need?! The other interesting thing, my brother told me a long
time ago, is that having someone very famous in an ad can actually
detract from the product because all the public remember is the actor.
He created the now long-ago ad for WH Smith in which Nicholas Lyndhurst
played every member of a family and that was hugely successful because
it was funny but also because of the attention-holding novelty of 1 well
known person seen in many guises. If an ad is like a little playlet, it
holds the attention. The awful droning on ads that relentlessly push
have a negative effect, imo.

Who doesn't remember Oxo Katie?
Well discounting the youngsters.

Lol! Linda Bellingham gently complained recently that one of the royal
family had talked of her character in those ads. She'd rather hoped he
might have remembered her other and many rôles!

She was a very good 'Katie' but do you remember the original?

http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-11-2012, 12:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Martin
writes
Along with the lid of our compost bin.
--

Martin

I'll keep an eye out on Ebay Martin !
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 30-11-2012, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message

She was a very good 'Katie' but do you remember the original?

Yes. I looked her up and she was Mary Holland. I remembered her but not
her name. She was very 'cleancut', a bit Sylvia Peters, whereas with Linda
and her screen ad husband, there was always a 'frisson d'amour' going on.
Amazing what a bit of stock could do...!

lol true))))))))))))
http://www.shop.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Old 30-11-2012, 10:55 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote in
:

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 19:59:17 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the local
mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

And how on earth did the Mayans know about the Pyrenees then?

Rumours get around. They probably read about them in the Daily Mail.

Oh THE origional tabloid.

Baz
Old 30-11-2012, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2012-11-30 10:55:43 +0000, Baz said:

Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the local
mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

And how on earth did the Mayans know about the Pyrenees then?

Rumours get around. They probably read about them in the Daily Mail.

Oh THE origional tabloid.

Baz

Wasn't that The Sketch?
--
Sacha

The Graphic

Old 30-11-2012, 02:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Old 30-11-2012, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

David Hill wrote in
:

Old 30-11-2012, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/11/2012 14:38, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 2012-11-30 10:55:43 +0000, Baz said:

Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the
local mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

And how on earth did the Mayans know about the Pyrenees then?

Rumours get around. They probably read about them in the Daily
Mail.

Oh THE origional tabloid.

Baz

Wasn't that The Sketch?

No it was the Post

Evening or morning?

You needed the sun to tell you.

Old 30-11-2012, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Baz wrote:

David Hill wrote in
:

Wasn't that The Sketch?

No it was the Post

Evening or morning?

"Morny Stannit"

--
Chris
Old 30-11-2012, 03:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 14:38, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 2012-11-30 10:55:43 +0000, Baz said:

Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the
local mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

And how on earth did the Mayans know about the Pyrenees then?

Rumours get around. They probably read about them in the Daily
Mail.

Oh THE origional tabloid.

Baz

Wasn't that The Sketch?

No it was the Post

Evening or morning?

You needed the sun to tell you.

Didn't that come from The Herald?

Mike

Old 30-11-2012, 03:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 15:06:09 -0000, "'Mike'"
wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
On 30/11/2012 14:38, Baz wrote:
David Hill wrote in
:

On 2012-11-30 10:55:43 +0000, Baz said:

Martin wrote in
:

wrote:

In article , Martin Brown
writes
Apparently some hill in the high Pyrennees will be saved and the
local mayor is preparing for an invasion of credulous lunatics.

And how on earth did the Mayans know about the Pyrenees then?

Rumours get around. They probably read about them in the Daily
Mail.

Oh THE origional tabloid.

Baz

Wasn't that The Sketch?

No it was the Post

Evening or morning?

You needed the sun to tell you.

Didn't that come from The Herald?

Mike

I'm old enough to remember wrapping my chips in the Daily Herald.

Steve

Old 30-11-2012, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
I'm old enough to remember wrapping my chips in the Daily Herald.

Steve

I loved the Evening Standard there was a junior crossword in it and
cartoons i think. My dad used to bring it back from London every night
and I think there were other puzzles as well.
Comedians used to imitate the newspaper boys shouting Evening Standard
as it used to come out rather like "evenin' staddurd"
--
Janet Tweedy
Old 30-11-2012, 05:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Stephen
Wolstenholme writes
I'm old enough to remember wrapping my chips in the Daily Herald.

Steve

I loved the Evening Standard there was a junior crossword in it and
cartoons i think. My dad used to bring it back from London every night and
I think there were other puzzles as well.
Comedians used to imitate the newspaper boys shouting Evening Standard as
it used to come out rather like "evenin' staddurd"
--
Janet Tweedy

Janet if you are of that ilk, did you do the Arthur Mee Crosswords etc in
the Children's Newspaper or was it before your time ? ;-)

Mike