Old 22-06-2013, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Ground Elder removing!

RustyHinge wrote:
We got 2 new Heritage Blue chooks, which are meant to have an 80% chance
of a green or blue egg, with the others being 'various pastels'. From
what I can tell, unless one of the older girls has shrunk her eggs, of
the 3 new girls (2 Blue and one stripey but i can't remember the breed)
we are getting 1 green, one mid brown and one light brown.

Stripey *eggs*?

Stripey chicken!
From the phtoo, I guess she's a barred rock:
http://www.cambridgepoultry.co.uk/chickens.html
Old 22-06-2013, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

David Hill wrote:
*shrug* Enough to make weeding it out require a second glance, at which
point I'm normally glancing at it in my hand going "oh b*****, I just
pulled out another strawberry", yeah.

Just keep doing that then plant the strawberries in a new bed and you
can hit the buttercups with no problem

The place where I have the problem is the back garden, where there are no
spare beds, and they just kind of meander through the flower bed. The main
problem atm is that I can't weed very effectively because NIck put chicken
wire up (grr) and now the chooks are in a much bigger run and don't need to
come out much, I can't remove it cos his grape vine has decided it likes it!

Anyhow, it's more the ground elder than the buttercup that cause the identity
issue. (for me)

Getting rid of ground elder Cat United Kingdom 130 30-10-2003 08:02 AM
Weeds (was Getting rid of ground elder) Victoria Clare United Kingdom 6 24-10-2003 12:22 AM
Help! Ground Elder Mike H United Kingdom 3 12-07-2003 02:32 PM
Help! Ground Elder Mike H Gardening 2 12-07-2003 09:32 AM
Ground elder & plants to grow with it Annabel United Kingdom 20 07-04-2003 04:33 PM