Old 30-04-2014, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help in identifying two trees please

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote ...

It please me to be able to report that at
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ are two new pictures, one
labelled 'Tree near house closeup of foliage' and one labelled 'Tree far
house closeup of foliage'. It seems I can't spell 'close up'. Very soon
the tree near the house will have white flowers, followed by dark berries.

I am in the South East of England, and so are the trees.

Whilst not that good on trees, because no-one else has felt able to comment
on your question due to your signature, I think the one farthest from the
house is a common Sycamore and the one nearest the house is an Ash.

Probably maple, actually, and definitely elder.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 30-04-2014, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message ...

"Peter Percival" wrote ...

Peter Percival wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote

Help in identifying two trees please (or two trease plees).
Here http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ there are four
pictures of two tree I have called "near house" and "far from house".
There are, in each case, a picture of the bark and a picture of the
foliage. The foliage visible in the bark pictures is *not* that of
the tree.

Any help will be most welcome.

A close-up of the leaves would help as would letting us know roughly
where in the UK/world you are.

Ok. Will do. Thank you.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

""no-one else has felt able to comment
on your question due to your signature,""

Sad isn't it? Not allowed to have a view on this forum/newsgroup, unless it
complies to the rules and regulations of those who feel they own the forum.

Mike

www.friendsofshanklintheatre.co.uk

Old 30-04-2014, 07:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote ...

Peter Percival wrote:
Bob Hobden wrote:
[...]

Thank you.

--
....if someone seduced my daughter it would be damaging and horrifying
but not fatal. She would recover, marry and have lots of children...
Old 30-04-2014, 07:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote ...

It please me to be able to report that at
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ are two new pictures, one
labelled 'Tree near house closeup of foliage' and one labelled 'Tree far
house closeup of foliage'. It seems I can't spell 'close up'. Very soon
the tree near the house will have white flowers, followed by dark berries.

I am in the South East of England, and so are the trees.

Whilst not that good on trees, because no-one else has felt able to comment
on your question due to your signature, I think the one farthest from the
house is a common Sycamore and the one nearest the house is an Ash.

Probably maple, actually, and definitely elder.

Thank you too. I'm confused now!

Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Nick Maclaren" wrote

Bob Hobden wrote:
"Peter Percival" wrote ...

It please me to be able to report that at
http://s1375.photobucket.com/user/Peter6/library/ are two new pictures,
one
labelled 'Tree near house closeup of foliage' and one labelled 'Tree far
house closeup of foliage'. It seems I can't spell 'close up'. Very soon
the tree near the house will have white flowers, followed by dark
berries.

I am in the South East of England, and so are the trees.

Whilst not that good on trees, because no-one else has felt able to
comment
on your question due to your signature, I think the one farthest from the
house is a common Sycamore and the one nearest the house is an Ash.

Probably maple, actually, and definitely elder.

Still say Sycamore which is a maple anyway and I agree it's a Elder when I
look closely as there are the young flowers showing. Neither of much garden
value IMO.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 01-05-2014, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Here 'Peter6's Library | Photobucket' (http://tinyurl.com/lhv8ubc)
there are four pictures of two tree I have called "near house" and "far
from house". There are, in each case, a picture of the bark and a
picture of the foliage. The foliage visible in the bark pictures is
*not* that of the

tree.

Any help will be most welcome.

I can identify both your trees, but I find the quote in your tagline
offensive, and I would rather not help you.

And it's over 4 lines long

--
"I thought jet planes were just trucks with more wings and
less wheels."
Old 01-05-2014, 09:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

The Nomad wrote:
On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 18:42:24 +0200, kay wrote:

Peter Percival;1001374 Wrote:
Help in identifying two trees please (or two trease plees).
Here 'Peter6's Library | Photobucket' (http://tinyurl.com/lhv8ubc)
there are four pictures of two tree I have called "near house" and "far
from house". There are, in each case, a picture of the bark and a
picture of the foliage. The foliage visible in the bark pictures is
*not* that of the

tree.

Any help will be most welcome.

I can identify both your trees, but I find the quote in your tagline
offensive, and I would rather not help you.

And it's over 4 lines long

Now _that_ is a sensible objection! I offer my profound apologies.