Old 13-06-2014, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Gardeners World

What are the views? My wife, a very keen gardener for over 50 years remarked
that it was a much better one than usual.

What are the views of urglers?

Mike

sig. to follow
Watch this space

Old 14-06-2014, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"'Mike'" wrote in message
What are the views? My wife, a very keen gardener for over 50 years
remarked that it was a much better one than usual.

What are the views of urglers?

Mike

Sort of gave up watching about half way through Alan Titchmarsh's time
there, and now seem to have lost the habit.

All became very embarrassing last week as the programme was here filming for
broadcast 20th June - so I guess I will have to at least watch that one!

What was interesting was the amount of effort that goes into each program,
they were here for 10 hours for just 6 mins of intended slot.
(and so many takes were done I honestly have no idea what the end result
will be like other than embarrassing)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Old 14-06-2014, 11:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:19:19 +0100, Charlie Pridham wrote:

What was interesting was the amount of effort that goes into each
program, they were here for 10 hours for just 6 mins of intended slot.

That's a pretty good "shooting ratio". Soaps on location will do
about 10 mins/day, studio 20+ (that really is a sausage factory),
period drama is about 1 min/day, features even less than that.

(and so many takes were done I honestly have no idea what the end result
will be like other than embarrassing)

How many (main) cameras? If there is only one every different angle
needs a new set up, Not watched Gardeners World for a long time do
they still demo stuff or is it all arty farty "make over"/"design"?
Demo's really need two cameras one wideish the other following the
action. If you only have one camera you really have to do the demo at
least twice and that path can quickly lead into continuity error
hell.

Makes mental note to watch 20th June edition.

--
Dave Liquorice MIPS
Broadcast Sound Engineer

Old 14-06-2014, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-14 07:19:19 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:
snip

All became very embarrassing last week as the programme was here
filming for broadcast 20th June - so I guess I will have to at least
watch that one!

What was interesting was the amount of effort that goes into each
program, they were here for 10 hours for just 6 mins of intended slot.
(and so many takes were done I honestly have no idea what the end
result will be like other than embarrassing)

Oh that's one for the diary, Charlie! Well done. Was it Carol who came
to you? We'll look forward very much to seeing you and I hope Monte had
at least a walk-on part!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

Old 14-06-2014, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-14 07:19:19 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:
snip

All became very embarrassing last week as the programme was here filming
for broadcast 20th June - so I guess I will have to at least watch that
one!

What was interesting was the amount of effort that goes into each
program, they were here for 10 hours for just 6 mins of intended slot.
(and so many takes were done I honestly have no idea what the end result
will be like other than embarrassing)

Oh that's one for the diary, Charlie! Well done. Was it Carol who came to
you? We'll look forward very much to seeing you and I hope Monte had at
least a walk-on part!
--
Sacha

Yes it was Carol Klein, who was charming, not having been a fan of GW I had
no idea what to expect.

They were desperate for Monte the dog to get in shot so they could say "Go
away Monty" the whole crew thought it very amusing, something to do with
Monty Dons dog? but again as I don't watch it sort was over my head. but in
the end I don't think he will appear.

Old 14-06-2014, 01:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
[...]

Just the one camera, and yes continuity was fun, especially as the day
started at 9 am warm and sunny so we were in shirt sleeves but but 7.45pm it
was decidedly chilly!

Old 14-06-2014, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 2014-06-14 07:19:19 +0000, Charlie Pridham said:
snip

All became very embarrassing last week as the programme was here
filming for broadcast 20th June - so I guess I will have to at least
watch that one!

What was interesting was the amount of effort that goes into each
program, they were here for 10 hours for just 6 mins of intended slot.
(and so many takes were done I honestly have no idea what the end
result will be like other than embarrassing)

Oh that's one for the diary, Charlie! Well done. Was it Carol who came
to you? We'll look forward very much to seeing you and I hope Monte had
at least a walk-on part!
--
Sacha

Yes it was Carol Klein, who was charming, not having been a fan of GW I
had no idea what to expect.

She's extremely nice and of course, extremely knowledgeable, too.

They were desperate for Monte the dog to get in shot so they could say
"Go away Monty" the whole crew thought it very amusing, something to do
with Monty Dons dog? but again as I don't watch it sort was over my
head. but in the end I don't think he will appear.

I hope he has his moment of fame!

--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com