Old 24-07-2014, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Strange butterfly behaviour

Or is it? We have a South facing lounge with large double doors. This
weather they are wide open and latched back. Several times a day a,or
maybe they are different, butterfly flies in, has a wander around then
flies out again. I cannot see anything that might attract it, no scents
of flowers, any ideas as to why this should happen?
Old 24-07-2014, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/07/2014 12:51, Broadback wrote:
Or is it? We have a South facing lounge with large double doors. This
weather they are wide open and latched back. Several times a day a,or
maybe they are different, butterfly flies in, has a wander around then
flies out again. I cannot see anything that might attract it, no scents
of flowers, any ideas as to why this should happen?

Same thing been happening here. Double doors open and they come in,
scoot around for 20 seconds and out again. A lot less battering against
glass than flies/wasps/bees do.

--
regards andy
Old 24-07-2014, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 24/07/2014 13:39, News wrote:
On 24/07/2014 12:51, Broadback wrote:
Or is it? We have a South facing lounge with large double doors. This
weather they are wide open and latched back. Several times a day a,or
maybe they are different, butterfly flies in, has a wander around then
flies out again. I cannot see anything that might attract it, no scents
of flowers, any ideas as to why this should happen?

Same thing been happening here. Double doors open and they come in,
scoot around for 20 seconds and out again. A lot less battering against
glass than flies/wasps/bees do.

That is what intrigues me, never any hesitation in finding their way
out, must have Glass radar!
Old 24-07-2014, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article ,
Martin wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 12:51:44 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

Or is it? We have a South facing lounge with large double doors. This
weather they are wide open and latched back. Several times a day a,or
maybe they are different, butterfly flies in, has a wander around then
flies out again. I cannot see anything that might attract it, no scents
of flowers, any ideas as to why this should happen?

They spend their life wondering around.

Curious, aren't they?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-07-2014, 02:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 13:43:19 +0100, Broadback
wrote:

On 24/07/2014 13:39, News wrote:
On 24/07/2014 12:51, Broadback wrote:
Or is it? We have a South facing lounge with large double doors. This
weather they are wide open and latched back. Several times a day a,or
maybe they are different, butterfly flies in, has a wander around then
flies out again. I cannot see anything that might attract it, no scents
of flowers, any ideas as to why this should happen?

Same thing been happening here. Double doors open and they come in,
scoot around for 20 seconds and out again. A lot less battering against
glass than flies/wasps/bees do.

That is what intrigues me, never any hesitation in finding their way
out, must have Glass radar!

Butterflies can see in far UV. The glass probably looks like a
concrete wall.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 25-07-2014, 08:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Or is it? We have a South facing lounge with large double doors. This
weather they are wide open and latched back. Several times a day a,or
maybe they are different, butterfly flies in, has a wander around then
flies out again. I cannot see anything that might attract it, no scents
of flowers, any ideas as to why this should happen?

They spend their life wondering around.

Never had them down as particularly thoughtful myself.

--
regards andy

Strange pigeon behaviour Sacha[_10_] United Kingdom 24 03-06-2013 03:58 PM
Strange Hedgey Smog Behaviour TheScullster United Kingdom 4 14-07-2010 09:02 AM
Strange Lilly Behaviour Paul Ponds 5 28-07-2005 03:56 PM
Euphorbia Wulfenii. Strange flower behaviour! viv United Kingdom 0 09-02-2005 02:17 PM
Strange goldfish behaviour Weldon Wallick Ponds 2 20-08-2003 10:12 PM