Old 02-10-2014, 08:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mr Mole

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in the
run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again next to
the house so the trap is there again
If I cannot catch him soon, I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

I went and gave one of my illustrated talks today to a group in Godshill
here on the Isle of Wight. Now anybody who knows Godshill will know how
'tight' the High Street is and how tightly packed the buildings are. Well it
was in the Methodist Church if you are that familiar and there, at the side
of he tiny path, just inside the gate with traffic 3 feet away, were to new
Mole hills!

Mike

Advert to follow

Old 02-10-2014, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:37:54 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again
next to the house so the trap is there again If I cannot catch him soon,
I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

We have our guy in trapping now; starting to see really a lot of mole
hills and as usual they are undermining a few new tree plantings. We
tried ourselves for a couple of weeks but were (as usual) unable to catch
anything. It's definitely not as easy as it looks...

-E

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 20:37:54 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in the
run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again next to
the house so the trap is there again
If I cannot catch him soon, I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

Contrary little chap isn't he! Put signs in each mole hill saying "I
welcome all moles" and you will never see any more.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software http://www.npsnn.com
EasyNN-plus More than just a neural network http://www.easynn.com

Old 03-10-2014, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message
Emery Davis wrote:

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:37:54 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again
next to the house so the trap is there again If I cannot catch him soon,
I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

We have our guy in trapping now; starting to see really a lot of mole
hills and as usual they are undermining a few new tree plantings. We
tried ourselves for a couple of weeks but were (as usual) unable to catch
anything. It's definitely not as easy as it looks...

-E

You need a http://rodenator.eu

Oh dear!

Stephen

Old 05-10-2014, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the
run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again next
the house so the trap is there again
If I cannot catch him soon, I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

Contrary little chap isn't he! Put signs in each mole hill saying "I
welcome all moles" and you will never see any more.

Steve

very contrary, another mole hill one foot away from the trap this a.m.
This mole is is taking the p!
so, as my mole trap doesn't catch it, I will probably have to get a
molecatcher in, but what he can do more than I have, I don't know.

It's not funny to have a mole undermining your paths.
I should have done something about it before, but hey, it didn't seem to
matter when it was down the garden. Now it's serious.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:37:54 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again
next to the house so the trap is there again If I cannot catch him soon,
I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

We have our guy in trapping now; starting to see really a lot of mole
hills and as usual they are undermining a few new tree plantings. We
tried ourselves for a couple of weeks but were (as usual) unable to catch
anything. It's definitely not as easy as it looks...

-E

It seems so easy.. get a mole trap and dig down to their run and set it and
catch it. I did that., no good . I'm up with Jasper Carrot to blast it out
of the ground with a shotgun. except I don't have one :-)
Its moving toward my block paving which cost me 3 grand so unfortunately
it might be a deceased mole soon.
One more step toward my block paving and I'll get a serious moleman in.
Foxman also does moles.

Old 12-10-2014, 02:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Emery Davis" wrote in message
On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 20:37:54 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again
next to the house so the trap is there again If I cannot catch him soon,
I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

We have our guy in trapping now; starting to see really a lot of mole
hills and as usual they are undermining a few new tree plantings. We
tried ourselves for a couple of weeks but were (as usual) unable to catch
anything. It's definitely not as easy as it looks...

-E

Ain't that just the truth. I thought that if I got a mole trap, put in in
the latest run II'd catch the little barsteward. Not so.
He's making a real mess of my garden, I sink into the ground if I step on
it. He has to go.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Christina Websell" wrote

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again
next to the house so the trap is there again
If I cannot catch him soon, I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

Are you certain it's a mole? I say that as we have Wood Mice on our
allotment site, lots of them, and they also dig tunnels especially under
paths and push up mounds of earth from my experience.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.

Old 13-10-2014, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote

Not having much luck. I removed the trap near the house and put it in
the run down the garden and waited for a week. then he pops up again
next to the house so the trap is there again
If I cannot catch him soon, I'll have to get a vermin man in.
Its not that I don't like moles,.but he is undermining my paths.

Are you certain it's a mole? I say that as we have Wood Mice on our
allotment site, lots of them, and they also dig tunnels especially under
paths and push up mounds of earth from my experience.
--

yes, I'm very certain it's a mole, unless mice can push up a foot high
mound..

Old 13-10-2014, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Its moving toward my block paving which cost me 3 grand so unfortunately
it might be a deceased mole soon.

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote

mole, vole smitty48 Edible Gardening 1 26-10-2003 01:32 AM
mole,vole, ? CaringIsTheFirstStep Edible Gardening 2 15-03-2003 10:20 PM
Mole lairs: 4-5' deep? richard holmes Gardening 12 13-03-2003 03:44 PM
Mole deterrants tulip United Kingdom 17 17-11-2002 02:23 PM
Mole traps! Alan Holmes United Kingdom 3 21-10-2002 05:46 PM