Old 05-06-2003, 09:19 AM
Essjay001

Default erm err how can i phrase this?

So they didnt clean it up then

Charlie wrote:
No, I mean that they picked up the, er, mess, and put it in the
decomposer.

Charlie.

"Essjay001" wrote in message

"after it had been cleaned up" do you mean to say that your parents
washed and disinfected the grass.

Old 05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Essjay001

Charlie wrote:
You don't get a "clean" lawn when you own dogs.

Now I am disgusted!

Old 05-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Charlie

So don't have dogs. And while you're still alive wrap yourself in sterile
bubble wrap suits so that you don't catch anything.

Charlie.

Old 06-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Essjay001

Charlie wrote:
So don't have dogs. And while you're still alive wrap yourself in
sterile bubble wrap suits so that you don't catch anything.

What planet do you come from?

I'll hazard a guess that you haven't learned to go to the toilet by yourself
yet

Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 AM
DaveDay34

"Essjay001" wrote in message

"after it had been cleaned up" do you mean to say that your parents
washed and disinfected the grass.

If you're being logical, and not just being a troll, you'd realise that birds,
foxes, and a whole host of beings wander all over the place and do their
'doings' all over the place too. You'd never sit at a park bench again, or
walk on a pavement, or do so many things we take for granted for fear of
catching something, or touching something 'dirty'.

It's also worth bearing in mind that research is pointing the finger at
over-clean environments as a cause of allergies such as asthma in young
children. A peck of dirt before you die may really be good for you, and may
even prolong that life and improve it's quality!

Dave.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:32 AM
Tim

On 06 Jun 2003 10:21:28 GMT, DaveDay34 wrote:

"Essjay001" wrote in message

"after it had been cleaned up" do you mean to say that your parents
washed and disinfected the grass.

If you're being logical, and not just being a troll, you'd realise that
birds,
foxes, and a whole host of beings wander all over the place and do their
'doings' all over the place too. You'd never sit at a park bench again,
or
walk on a pavement, or do so many things we take for granted for fear of
catching something, or touching something 'dirty'.

It's also worth bearing in mind that research is pointing the finger at
over-clean environments as a cause of allergies such as asthma in young
children. A peck of dirt before you die may really be good for you, and
may
even prolong that life and improve it's quality!

What they say here in Austria "a baby should eat a kilogram of dirt before
it can walk".
(what they say, and what teh do are two different things, however).
Tim.
Old 07-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Essjay001

DaveDay34 wrote:
If you're being logical, and not just being a troll, you'd realise that

birds,foxes, and a whole host
of beings wander all over the place and do their'doings' all over the

place too.

No matey I am not a troll, and yes I know about "birds,foxes, and a whole
host of beings"

A peck of dirt before you die may really be good for you, and may even

prolong that life and improve it's quality!

I am well aware of the current thinking. It seems to be about 40 years
behind me. I have always advocated that a sterile environment is not a good
thing and have lived my life accordingly. A peck of dirt, maybe good for
you, but dog shit nah!

Old 07-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Michael Berridge

Essjay001 wrote in message ...

A peck of dirt before you die may really be good for you, and may

even
prolong that life and improve it's quality!

I am well aware of the current thinking. It seems to be about 40 years
behind me. I have always advocated that a sterile environment is not a

good
thing and have lived my life accordingly. A peck of dirt, maybe good

for
you, but dog shit nah!

But, manure that is used on fields and gardens is Horse or Cow s**t, and
unless you fully wash everything that you buy, especially organic crops,
you may well be getting some in your food. Pick blackberries from the
road side and you don't know what else you are eating, at least, now
there is no lead in petrol we are not poisoning ourselves in that way,
but there are almost certainly bits of other things on. perhaps a fly
has been on the blackberry, and the last thing it was on was dog s**t,
or a well rotted corpse of another animal!

Mike
www.british-naturism.org.uk

Old 08-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Essjay001

Michael Berridge wrote:

But, manure that is used on fields and gardens is Horse or Cow s**t,
and unless you fully wash everything that you buy, especially organic
crops, you may well be getting some in your food. Pick blackberries
from the road side and you don't know what else you are eating, at
least, now there is no lead in petrol we are not poisoning ourselves
in that way, but there are almost certainly bits of other things on.
perhaps a fly has been on the blackberry, and the last thing it was
on was dog s**t, or a well rotted corpse of another animal!

Are you talking to me or just exercising your fingers.

Old 08-06-2003, 06:08 PM
ned

Essjay001 wrote:
Michael Berridge wrote:

But, manure that is used on fields and gardens is Horse or Cow

s**t,
and unless you fully wash everything that you buy, especially

organic
crops, you may well be getting some in your food. Pick blackberries
from the road side and you don't know what else you are eating, at
least, now there is no lead in petrol we are not poisoning

ourselves
in that way, but there are almost certainly bits of other things

on.
perhaps a fly has been on the blackberry, and the last thing it was
on was dog s**t, or a well rotted corpse of another animal!

Are you talking to me or just exercising your fingers.

Thank you Essjay001, that one line confirms my suspicions.

--
ned

Old 08-06-2003, 06:32 PM
June Hughes

In article , Essjay001
writes
DaveDay34 wrote:
If you're being logical, and not just being a troll, you'd realise that

birds,foxes, and a whole host
of beings wander all over the place and do their'doings' all over the

place too.

No matey I am not a troll, and yes I know about "birds,foxes, and a whole
host of beings"

A peck of dirt before you die may really be good for you, and may even

prolong that life and improve it's quality!

I don't know who posted the above two lines and had never heard the
expression before. I have just switched on the television and lo and
behold, in Hi-de-Hi - an ancient repeat - the ballroom dancing man has
just said almost exactly that. Strange.
--
June Hughes
Old 08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Essjay001

ned wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:
Michael Berridge wrote:

But, manure that is used on fields and gardens is Horse or Cow s**t,
and unless you fully wash everything that you buy, especially
organic crops, you may well be getting some in your food. Pick
blackberries from the road side and you don't know what else you
are eating, at least, now there is no lead in petrol we are not
poisoning ourselves in that way, but there are almost certainly
bits of other things on. perhaps a fly has been on the blackberry,
and the last thing it was on was dog s**t, or a well rotted corpse
of another animal!

Are you talking to me or just exercising your
fingers.

Thank you Essjay001, that one line confirms my suspicions.

Bet that was difficult without pictures

Old 08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Essjay001

ned wrote:
Essjay001 wrote:
Michael Berridge wrote:

But, manure that is used on fields and gardens is Horse or Cow s**t,
and unless you fully wash everything that you buy, especially
organic crops, you may well be getting some in your food. Pick
blackberries from the road side and you don't know what else you
are eating, at least, now there is no lead in petrol we are not
poisoning ourselves in that way, but there are almost certainly
bits of other things on. perhaps a fly has been on the blackberry,
and the last thing it was on was dog s**t, or a well rotted corpse
of another animal!

Are you talking to me or just exercising your
fingers.

Thank you Essjay001, that one line confirms my suspicions.

And what suspicions would they be?

Old 08-06-2003, 09:20 PM
mick

"ned" wrote in message
Essjay001 wrote:
Michael Berridge wrote:

But, manure that is used on fields and gardens is Horse or Cow

s**t,

Can we get something straight? The manure that goes onto many commercial
crops is human sh*t..
Sewerage treatment works supply it to farmers.