Old 13-07-2003, 11:57 AM
amanda pope

Default Does anyone use EBAY?

I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

Old 13-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Natalie

"amanda pope" wrote in message
I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a

good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

You could place one or two auctions on Ebay. Add a link to your website so
that visitors to the Ebay auction are encouraged to your website. You can
then discount the goods on your website as well.

Natalie

Old 13-07-2003, 12:32 PM
Pickle

"amanda pope" wrote in message

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a

good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

My husband uses EBay to get a lot of 2nd-hand photography equipment. It
seems to work pretty well, we have had no problems in around 20
transactions.

Old 13-07-2003, 01:20 PM
Jim W

Natalie wrote:

I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a

good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

You could place one or two auctions on Ebay. Add a link to your website so
that visitors to the Ebay auction are encouraged to your website. You can
then discount the goods on your website as well.

Yes.. But take a bit of time and read the help files first.. I sell a
few things on ebay.. No complaints so far..

Set up your description in some web editing software, then copy it to
the description field in Ebays form.. Adding images helps..

Be clear about payment and postage as well. you'll need to decide how
you wish to accept payment, and how uch to charge for postage (or if its
included in the price)

//
Jim
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....tems&include=0
&userid=GemBio&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

as an example..
JW
Old 13-07-2003, 01:56 PM
Kate Morgan

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a

good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

My husband uses EBay to get a lot of 2nd-hand photography equipment. It
seems to work pretty well, we have had no problems in around 20
transactions.

Yes, I use ebay, it is great, well worth you giving it a try. You could
always tip us off when you put things up for auction
kate

Old 13-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Steven Pilbeam

"amanda pope" wrote in message
I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

www.arghamvillage.co.uk

You appear to have the region set incorrectly on your PC. Double click on the
clock on the task bar and check your "Time Zone" if you are in the UK it should
be set for GMT

Old 13-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Brian Watson

"amanda pope" wrote in message
I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a

good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

snip website address

If you think people here won't notice you just publicised your sale at your
website under the guise of starting a (no doubt long) thread on the merits
or otherwise of E-bay, you are dead wrong.

:-)

--
Brian
"Stuck down a hole, in the fog, in the middle of the night, with an owl."

Old 13-07-2003, 11:14 PM
David Hill

"....If you think people here won't notice you just publicised your sale at
your website under the guise of starting a (no doubt long) thread on the
merits or otherwise of E-bay, you are dead wrong ...."

Some do people have suspicious minds

I use E bay, but you need to put a sensible reserve on items
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 13-07-2003, 11:14 PM
David Rance

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003, amanda pope wrote:

I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a good
place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

I've recently sold £500 worth of recording equipment. No problems!

| Internet: | writing from |
| Fidonet: David Rance 2:252/110 | Caversham, |
| BBS:
telnet://mesnil.demon.co.uk | Reading, UK |

Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
amanda pope

What a cynic you are Brian.
If you would care to check you will see I contribute quite a lot to this
site. If I was placing an advert ( and I will) I would do so under the group
rules. I do include our web address with correspondence
www.arghamvillage.co.uk again under the group rules.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my request for help. It is quite
genuine.

Old 13-07-2003, 11:15 PM
amanda pope

Glad to let you know if I do this kate. Although some people seem to be
upset that I asked in the first place.

Old 13-07-2003, 11:33 PM
Rod Hewitt

"amanda pope" wrote in
:

I am refitting my warehouse and need to clear out the stock to do
this.

Someone suggested I auction it on EBAY. Does anyone use it and is it a
good place to sell water garden equipment.
or should I just discount it on our own website.

I hope that a lurker can contribute to this thread? I suggest that you look
at alt.marketing.online.ebay - read for a while and you might get some very
helpful information. Rather a busy group so a lot to ignore :-)

Rod
Old 14-07-2003, 12:32 AM
Mark

On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 22:19:03 +0100, "amanda pope"
wrote:

What a cynic you are Brian.
If you would care to check you will see I contribute quite a lot to this
site. If I was placing an advert ( and I will) I would do so under the group
rules. I do include our web address with correspondence
www.arghamvillage.co.uk again under the group rules.

I hope I have not offended anyone with my request for help. It is quite
genuine.

People on Ebay will quite cheerfully buy anything you would wish to
sell - a picture works a treat - folks want to see what they are
buying as anyone would.

Reserves are all well and good but annoying as it rather negates any
sense of getting a bargain. If it's worth a tenner then the chances
are it will sell for a tenner. Apart from the odd items I start all
my auctions at a pound and take a chance. Nevermind bidding it's as
exciting taking the chance someone will bid your item to it's true
value. :-)

Mark S.

Old 14-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Brian Watson

"amanda pope" wrote in message
What a cynic you are Brian.

Yep.

:-)

--
Brian
"This isn't the longest day of the year: it just feels like it"

Old 14-07-2003, 09:52 AM
Tim Tyler

Rod Hewitt wrote:

: I suggest that you look at alt.marketing.online.ebay - read for a
: while and you might get some very helpful information. Rather a busy
: group so a lot to ignore :-)

There's also: uk.people.consumers.ebay
--