Old 20-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Mary Fisher

Default Hysteria over Ragwort

It simply amazes me that there are now many more posts
about netiquette on this thread than the actual subject of concern.

Really?

You've been counting??

I failed to realise the hysteria
and derision that I would create with just 12 words.

Ah - you ARE counting.

I believe that there are other ng's for number fanatics, I'm sure you'd be
far happier there.

Old 20-08-2003, 09:42 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from billy_bunter contains these words:

I realise that now. It simply amazes me that there are now many more posts
about netiquette on this thread than the actual subject of concern. My
reply was not meant to offend, simply to assert my usenet right to post as
and where I please. I will now bow to the overwhelming group pressure and
restrict myself to minimalism in future. I failed to realise the hysteria
and derision that I would create with just 12 words. I apologise.

Ego te absolvo. And, respec'.

--
Rusty http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm
horrid·squeak snailything zetnet·co·uk exchange d.p. with p to
Old 20-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "The Devil's Advocate"
contains these words:

What do you mean? Is this a serious complaint? Please explain without any
cockiness

Plonk.

Old 21-08-2003, 12:32 AM
Stephen Howard

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 13:52:43 GMT, billy_bunter wrote:

said...:

I realise that now. It simply amazes me that there are now many more posts
about netiquette on this thread than the actual subject of concern. My
reply was not meant to offend, simply to assert my usenet right to post as
and where I please. I will now bow to the overwhelming group pressure and
restrict myself to minimalism in future. I failed to realise the hysteria
and derision that I would create with just 12 words. I apologise.

It's just one of those things that gets up people's noses - like
answermachine messages with background music, or reaaaallly funny
'impressions' that go on and on when all you want to do is leave your
name and number.... or automated services that reel off menus and
submenus of options, none of which really suit the nature of your
call, and end up bunging you in a queue to speak to 'an advisor'.

Next time it happens to you ( and it happens to us all these days ),
just quietly consider the irony.

Regards,

http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Old 22-08-2003, 06:15 AM
Franz Heymann

"The Devil's Advocate" wrote in
message ...
That's because you know what you're talking about lol. Is there some

uniform
way of posting to which you alluded in your note? thanks

Yes, there is. And one of its first precepts is to look with extreme
disfavour on the top-posting with which you seem to be enamoured.

[snip]

Franz

Old 22-08-2003, 10:45 AM
Mary Fisher

But perhaps you meant that they could graze anywhere else in your lovely
garden ;-)

:-)

I most certainly did not ;-)
But if they did, I would not meet out to them the kind of treatment
other urglers are wishing upon cats, thus demonstrating my unselfish
nature.
--

I've obviously missed something ...

When cats manage to get into my garden I simply pick up a stone and raise my
arm. I've never hit one yet. They move too fast.

In truth I've never even thrown one because they see the intention in my
face. Not daft, cats ...

My problem with cats is that the hens don't like them, by the way, not that
I have a personal hostility. Never had a problem with horses though. Don't
see any in Chapeltown unless they're attached to a cart.

Mary

Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page:

Old 22-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from Kate Morgan contains these words:

Is there anyone left who thinks there is still some meat to be had in this
thread, or can we all just let it die a death by now?

Franz

Hear Hear, I wish I had never started it :-)

Oh, I don't know: while the subject has generated some heat, it has also
produced a fair amount of light.

Old 22-08-2003, 11:42 AM
Rusty Hinge

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:
"Tim Challenger" "timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote in message
s.com...
On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 10:26:14 +0100, Rusty Hinge wrote:

[snip all]

Is there anyone left who thinks there is still some meat to be had in this
thread, or can we all just let it die a death by now?

I suppose we could all emulate Socrates with a draught of ragwort....

Old 22-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Franz Heymann

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

[snip]

In truth I've never even thrown one because they see the intention in my
face. Not daft, cats ...

That's right. As soon as your back is turned, they're back again.

[snip]

Franz

Avian flu - Defra must resist hysteria-led bird massacre Alan Holmes United Kingdom 1 08-04-2006 11:28 AM
Avian flu - Defra must resist hysteria-led bird massacre Christopher Norton United Kingdom 0 07-04-2006 09:38 PM
Ragwort again Kay Easton United Kingdom 0 22-09-2003 06:32 PM
RAGWORT Kate Morgan United Kingdom 121 26-08-2003 11:02 PM
RAGWORT moving off topic David Hill United Kingdom 25 25-08-2003 11:42 PM