Old 06-09-2003, 10:03 PM
Caliban

Default O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

"-=PrOzAk=-" wrote
Hey oo I'm guessing I'm probably one of the youngest in this group having
recently turned 17. So therefore I still think a little that way. ANYTHING
that can damage e.g. anti-vandal grease or whatever that stains clothes or
glass etc will be destroyed, don't understimate these kids. How old are

they
by the way? If they're 14+ your well and truly screwed unless they get

bored
and move on. I read everyones comments and the person who seems to
understand best is Willi, if you were around my area with my friends if

you
slightly got them angry by threatening them in anyway you'd definatly have

brick or a petrol bomb through your window.

Would you please tell your friends that my friends keep guns next to their
windows to address such threats upon their life and property?

And they know exactly what to tell any police detectives who investigate
them for an "accidental" shooting.

They're bigger, smarter, and more savvy legally. They stopped playing games
about two years ago, because they've had enough of "your friends." They're
not kids. They're criminals. Trespassing, assaulting, and destroying
property.

I'm not trying to scare you,

Me neither.

But I don't want your friends to end up on a slab before they start flipping
burgers at McDonald's.

just make you realise what kids are like.

Gosh I hope you tell them what bigger, smarter, more savvy adults are like.

It all depends on your area and
how bad these kids are, some teens know the law and don't have any respect
for their parents, these kids are pretty much uncontrolable (don't get

them
mad). I'd say try to get some benches put in by the local council in a
nearby field and they'll move there
My advice is probably pants but I hope it helps even if just a little.

Just saying this is my neighborhood. And many others.

Enjoy life at juvie. :-)

Old 06-09-2003, 11:04 PM
j.karn

paint tar on the top of the wall.

Old 07-09-2003, 12:08 AM
Paul Bines

Paint your wall top with that black sticky gunk they use to keep pigeons
off
ledges.

Or, one better, put fake bird muck on the top of the wall - you could
probably make some fake stuff (anyone got any recipes?)
Au Res.,
Paul

--
http://www.efbenson.co.uk/
http://www.users.waitrose.com/~paulbines

Old 07-09-2003, 12:09 AM
§§-Gandalf-§§

Ramases wrote:

You can also get semi-ridged plastic spiky stuff - it won't cause permanent
damage, but it'll make your wall pretty uninviting.

Like this stuff:

Prickler (cat and burglar guard)

http://tinyurl.com/mhn1
Old 07-09-2003, 12:33 AM
Always More Questions

No matter what solution you use, a warning sign is your best protection
against liability issues.

Sprinklers are great, low liability issues and you water your garden.
You can spend the money to automatically trigger it or use a remote
trigger.

You might get noise cancelling amplifier and speakers...not for you, but
it would prevent them from being able to understand each other. Costly,
but maybe you could rent it for a week.

oo wrote:

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very
resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart
from barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2003, 12:45 AM

In article ,
Jills? wrote:

Get a CD of Bach and set the volume sufficiently loud enough for
their listening pleasure.

I was going to suggest something similar. There was a news story some
time ago about a convenience store owner whose business had become a
hangout for dopers and dealers and other n'eer-do-wells--a consequence
of both his location and his decision to sell liquor. The cops were at
best a very temporary solution, if they showed up at all.

This guy got the idea of playing classical music through cheap
loudspeakers mounted on the roof of his building. Whenever the groups
gathered in the area, he would put on some of his favorites--Beethoven,
Bach, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Bizet, Wagner, ballet, opera, choral
music--even monastic chants BIG GRIN. He would play it just loudly
enough to be heard above the ambient street noise, conversation, and
any boomboxes the undesirables happened to have brought along.

Incredibly, it worked wonderfully! When interviewed the owner couldn't
have been happier with the results. It took less than a single week to
completely clear the thugs from the area, all on their own power. Last
I heard, he was planning on letting other store owners in bad parts of
town know about what great success he obtained with this method.

Perhaps this would work for the OP, but even if it didn't, I bet the
plants in the garden would love it.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:45 AM

In article ,
"Seven" wrote:

You could put some thorny bushes behind the wall, so that they will grow
over onto it, that should stop the kids from sitting there.

That's a GREAT solution!
Old 07-09-2003, 12:45 AM

In article ,
"Seven" wrote:

You could put some thorny bushes behind the wall, so that they will grow
over onto it, that should stop the kids from sitting there.

Berry bushes!
Old 07-09-2003, 01:33 AM
billy_bunter

lid spluttered almost incoherently...:

In article ,
"Seven" wrote:

You could put some thorny bushes behind the wall, so that they will grow
over onto it, that should stop the kids from sitting there.

Berry bushes!

preferably poisonous....

Old 07-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Rodger Whitlock

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:35:17 +0100, oo wrote:

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful. I
have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

[snip]
Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

"Weaken the wall"? It would have to be a pretty flimsy wall for a
few young derrieres to "weaken" it.

Let me ask a critical question: are they ~~really~~ weakening the
wall -- or is it that their sitting there simply annoys you? It
seems to me that it's important for you to look in the mirror and
sort out your own motives before trying to do something about
this. If perchance the real issue is simple annoyance ("it's *my*
wall they're sitting on!"), then among the reasonable remedies is
"learning to put up with something you don't like and can't do
much about."

OTOH, if the wall really is that flimsy, then you better have it
taken down and reconstructed before it falls apart and injures
someone.

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Old 07-09-2003, 03:15 AM
Bill Seurer

Dave C. wrote:
Sprinklers with a remote control in the house.

Just a timer would do, doesn't need to be remote control. -Dave

Get one of those motion activated ones. Like this one:

http://www.smarthome.com/6120.html

Old 07-09-2003, 03:36 AM
ameijers

"Paul Bines" wrote in message
Paint your wall top with that black sticky gunk they use to keep pigeons

off
ledges.

Or, one better, put fake bird muck on the top of the wall - you could
probably make some fake stuff (anyone got any recipes?)
Au Res.,
Paul

Why make life hard? Just spread a kilo of bird seed once a week or so, and
the birds will keep the wall well decorated with the real stuff. No kid
knowingly sits in bird shit.

aem sends....

Old 07-09-2003, 06:28 AM
Jeffery

A Similar problem near to me was cured by cementing a line of flints along
the top of the wall. Sounds odd but looked ok if the flints are chosen
carefully. All with round edges so you cannot be accused of cutting the
poor soft bottoms but they will be so uncomfortable they will not linger
then get out of the habit.

Best wishes,
Jeffery.
This message has been scanned by Norton Antivirus 2003.

Old 07-09-2003, 07:05 AM
beanykermit

the same thing happened to my mate, everytime she was out they would =
hang outside her house annoying her mum and dad and smashing there fence =
and car, they kept complaining to pigs, pigs told em to put up a =
security light with sensor cos the bratts wont like hanging around where =
there totally lit up! that kinda worked, but then they found somewhere =
else across the road! its taken half the road to complain to pigs for =
them to actually do something.