Old 07-09-2003, 09:33 PM
Raymond Daley

Default O/T people sitting on garden wall. advice needed

ignore em, when they realise their bugging you they do it even more for no
reason. if they think your not annoyed by it they go elsewhere to annoy
others.

worked for me and my wall and local idiots.
"oo" wrote in message

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

Old 07-09-2003, 11:10 PM
[ Kolonel Kurtz ]

Maybe you should read the post I was replying to, if you do this you will
know what I was referring to and not have to ask me obvious questions ...
seek and ye shall find

8O)

Kolonel Kurtz

Old 07-09-2003, 11:17 PM
Chunky

"oo" wrote in message

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

Follow them home, and sit on their wall?
;-)

Chunks

---

Old 07-09-2003, 11:35 PM
selkie

"oo" wrote in message

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

I was wondering if any of you have any practical solutions? (apart from

barb
wire, glass on the wall or using a baseball bat on their knees etc lol) I
would appreciate sensible and legal solutions...

Oh yeah and theres no point moaning to their parents or police - thats
useless.

Any advice appreciated as its driving me nuts, having to constantly chase
the brats. lol

Thanks.

I'd be tempted to get a garden sprinkler system and vary the time it came
on.

---

Old 07-09-2003, 11:35 PM

In article ,
"Franz Heymann" wrote:

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message
1g0wz31.1gao2whuvj50N%00senetnospamtodayta@macunl imited.net, Jim W
writes
[ Kolonel Kurtz ] wrote:

It has just came to me in a flash of light - why don't you get some

compost
[really smelly stuff]

But my compost is never smelly. What am I doing wrong?

True story (I was there):

Man to wife: "Honey, our compost pile looks like shit!"

Wife: "What's wrong with it?"

AFAIK, properly kept compost does not smell.

Old 08-09-2003, 07:03 AM
dave @ stejonda

In message , "[ Kolonel Kurtz ]"
writes
Maybe you should read the post I was replying to, if you do this you will
know what I was referring to and not have to ask me obvious questions ...
seek and ye shall find

Ok, well done for snipping previous posts but you've gone a little bit
too far. Leave a little bit of the previous post and folks who have
other things going on their heads will recall the context of your
comments more easily.

--
dave @ stejonda

[rather enjoying the mix of cultures this cross-posting has brought to urg]
Old 08-09-2003, 08:04 AM
Ron Clark

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 15:59:26 +0200, "Ric" wrote:

"Ron Clark" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:35:17 +0100, "oo" wrote:

Hi

I know people on these groups are full of ideas and are very resourceful.

have been looking for a solution to my problem on the net.

Basically youths won't stop sitting on my garden wall, despite my

repeated
requests and threats they continue to sit there. Basically they are noisy
and wil eventually weaken the structure of the wall.

Ho no, I didn't, I didn't write any of that at all

Ron Clark
Old 08-09-2003, 09:32 AM
[ Kolonel Kurtz ]

Let's not get into an argument here .... but .... did you not see the 80) at
the end of my post [twas tongue in cheek] - I always snip out the previous
post where I can [where I think it is obvious] I like to think I help keep
posts [mines anyway] clutter free, way too many times do I have to scroll
down 6 or 7 pages to read what someone had to say.

I hope you managed to get rid ofyour cats diarrhoea, don't want that hanging
about the house

8O) [smiley]

Kolonel Kurtz

Old 08-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

"[ Kolonel Kurtz ]" wrote in message
Maybe you should read the post I was replying to, if you do this you will
know what I was referring to and not have to ask me obvious questions ...
seek and ye shall find

Maybe you should learn that good usenet practice requires you to retain the
context of what you are replying to.
It is presumptious of you to think that I can be bothered to look back into
older postings on the off chance that I might be able to disentangle what
you are referring to.

Franz

Old 08-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , "[ Kolonel Kurtz ]"
writes
Maybe you should read the post I was replying to, if you do this you will
know what I was referring to and not have to ask me obvious questions ...
seek and ye shall find

Ok, well done for snipping previous posts but you've gone a little bit
too far.

I don't call snipping the complete conversation "going a little too far".
{:-((

Franz

Old 08-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Franz Heymann

wrote in message

[ Kolonel Kurtz ] wrote:

It has just came to me in a flash of light - why don't you get some

compost
[really smelly stuff]

But my compost is never smelly. What am I doing wrong?

True story (I was there):

Man to wife: "Honey, our compost pile looks like shit!"

Wife: "What's wrong with it?"

AFAIK, properly kept compost does not smell.

On the contrary, it has a most pleasant forest-floory smell.
{:-))

Franz Heymann

Old 08-09-2003, 10:12 AM
Powerball3

Why Not Plant a shed load of blackberry bushes ????

they are a real pain in the ass!!! (wink wink)

Think of the scratches and they be sore for weeks?

Antony
======

Old 08-09-2003, 11:03 AM
sPoNiX

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 00:21:13 GMT,
(Rodger Whitlock) wrote:

Let me ask a critical question: are they ~~really~~ weakening the
wall -- or is it that their sitting there simply annoys you? It
seems to me that it's important for you to look in the mirror and
sort out your own motives before trying to do something about
this. If perchance the real issue is simple annoyance ("it's *my*
wall they're sitting on!"), then among the reasonable remedies is
"learning to put up with something you don't like and can't do
much about."

It's that sort of attitude that ensures these kiddies continue to get
away with harassing people.

Old 08-09-2003, 11:04 AM
Dawn

Sorry, I don't know how to snip messages! I have a problem with cats using
my flower bed as a toilet. I have put down all the stuff you can buy to keep
them away, but nothing works. I love cats, although I don't have one so I
don't want to harm them. I am sick of digging it up all the time, and it
stinks when its warm. Any suggestions?

Old 08-09-2003, 11:05 AM
sPoNiX

On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 09:48:33 +0100, Kay Easton
wrote:

The 'pigs' do have rather more on their hands than what is, when all's
said and done' simple vandalism.

Yeah, monitoring speed cameras for a start..