Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-09-2003, 02:32 AM
shannie

Default O/T just a thought

I dont want to start a war, just throwing out a simple suggestion ;-)
As many newbies come into groups with their questions or comments there is
a tendancy, if they are not sure of things, to top post, as was the case
when I first started posting. Generally somebody points out the error of
their ways and one of two things happen, either a) the poster takes it well
and goes on to bottom posting or b) the poster takes offence and a minor
squabble ensues and the whole top/bottom posting debate rears it's ugly
head. I've seen this happen again and again. I just wondered if people put a
line under their sig..eg...please bottom post for clarity...(or something
along those lines)perhaps new lurkers would know straight away it's prefered
and when they do finally post they can get right down to the subject of
their post with the minimum of bad feeling?
Just a thought :-)

Shannie