Old 17-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Tony Bull

Default Advert

www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with the
gif on the pendulum fountain page. What do you think? No flaming
please. Tony Bull
Old 17-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Franz Heymann

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with the
gif on the pendulum fountain page.

And we are not happy about being proselytised in this newsgroup
In short, go away.

Franz Heymann

Old 18-10-2003, 06:57 AM
Registered User

Location: Lancashire

Quote:
Originally posted by Franz Heymann
"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with the
gif on the pendulum fountain page.

And we are not happy about being proselytised in this newsgroup
In short, go away.

Franz Heymann

WELL SAID FRANZ
I AGREE
__________________
Anita X
Old 18-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Franz Heymann

"anita" wrote in message
s.com...
Franz Heymann wrote:
om...

--
anita

I did originally end it with "bugger off", but I wondered about offending
the urglers, so I softened it a little.

Franz

Old 18-10-2003, 12:02 PM
JennyC

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by

Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with

the
gif on the pendulum fountain page. What do you think? No flaming
please. Tony Bull

I love the look of the 404 :~)
Jenny

Old 18-10-2003, 12:22 PM
Anne Jackson

The message m
from anita contains these words:

Franz Heymann wrote:
*"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by

Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with

the
gif on the pendulum fountain page.

And we are not happy about being proselytised in this newsgroup
In short, go away.

Franz Heymann *

WELL SAID FRANZ
I AGREE

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

If you don't like that, then killfile the guy, instead of filling up
the NG with your complaining.

--
AnneJ wanders off muttering "I don't know, bloody Johnny-come-lately!"

ICQ #:- 119531282
Old 18-10-2003, 05:32 PM

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

If you don't like that, then killfile the guy, instead of filling up
the NG with your complaining.

well said

I just wonder who's going to have have the last word

Old 18-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Franz Heymann

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

That statement is incorrect on more than one point.. Please reread the
charter.

Franz

Old 18-10-2003, 06:13 PM
Anne Jackson

The message
from k contains these words:

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

If you don't like that, then killfile the guy, instead of filling up
the NG with your complaining.

well said
I just wonder who's going to have have the last word

I'd lay odds on the one who complains the most? ;-)

--
AnneJ
ICQ #:- 119531282
Old 18-10-2003, 06:32 PM
Tony Bull

"JennyC" wrote in message ...
"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by

Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with

the
gif on the pendulum fountain page. What do you think? No flaming
please. Tony Bull

I love the look of the 404 :~)
Jenny

Thanks Anne and Jenny.
I thought that prose.... ing meant converting from one religious faith
to another.Maybe some of these zealots are on the wrong newsgroup.
Thanks to Martin for his constructive criticisms.
Tony Bull
www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Old 18-10-2003, 06:43 PM
Andrew Glass

Franz Heymann wrote:
"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

That statement is incorrect on more than one point.. Please reread the
charter.

Franz

Relevant section of charter from
http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.rec.gardening.html

Advertising
Advertising is not welcome, with the following exceptions:

Suppliers of UK-relevant gardening equipment, services or plant
material may post a pointer to their website or invitation to request a
catalogue. This may not exceed four lines. This may be posted no more
often than once every three months. The subject line should begin "AD"
or "ADVERT".

Participants in discussions may include references to their
garden-related business in their .sig (max. four lines).

-----

Anne would appear to be right apart from the fact it is three months not
one month as she stated. Otherwise the advert is relevant to the group,
has "Advert" as the subject line and is only 4 lines long. I haven't
bothered searching to see if it has been advertised before in the last
three months as it's not really worth the hassle.

It's a fairly innocuous advert and may well be of interest to some
people in the group, the poster also seems to have tried to follow the
rules of the news group which he should be given credit for. It's
certainly not worth getting your knickers in a twist about, save that
for the trolls.

As a response to the original advert: yes the gif does need a bit more
work though the pendulum fountain itself looks quite amusing. (Oh and
that menu is fairly annoying...)

Andrew

Old 18-10-2003, 07:02 PM
Martin Sykes

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

That statement is incorrect on more than one point.. Please reread the
charter.

Franz

It has changed. I remember the charter used to 'allow' adverts of up to 4
lines I think, every few months.

--
Martin & Anna Sykes
( Remove x's when replying )

Old 18-10-2003, 07:02 PM
JennyC

"Tony Bull" wrote
"JennyC" wrote
I love the look of the 404 :~)
Jenny

Thanks Anne and Jenny.
I thought that prose.... ing meant converting from one religious

faith
to another.Maybe some of these zealots are on the wrong newsgroup.
Thanks to Martin for his constructive criticisms.
Tony Bull www.caterpillarfountain.co.uk

Could I perhaps suggest a less 'busier' site ?

-Maybe changing the colours to be in the same range would help.
-I'd also try to get the home page to fit onto a smaller screen
resolution as its always better not to have to scroll on the first
page.
-I'd use a different menu structure too as it's perhaps not clear to
people how it slides out (there are a lot of inexperienced computer
uses out there!)
-The follow up pages seem to have a lot of empty space on them.

Jenny
www.welcome.to/webwise

Old 18-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Ken Saunders

Anne Jackson wrote in message ...
The message m
from anita contains these words:

Franz Heymann wrote:
*"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by

Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with

the
gif on the pendulum fountain page.

And we are not happy about being proselytised in this newsgroup
In short, go away.

Franz Heymann *

WELL SAID FRANZ
I AGREE

This NG's charter allows for adverts, as long as they're not posted
more than once a month.

If you don't like that, then killfile the guy, instead of filling up
the NG with your complaining.

........Anne....what's killfile, and does it work from google website.
Old 18-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

"Tony Bull" wrote in message
om...
www.caterpillarfountain. co uk. I am now marketing fountains by Peter
Buck designs. Have a look at my website. I am not 100% happy with the
gif on the pendulum fountain page.

And we are not happy about being proselytised in this newsgroup
In short, go away.

"We"? You don't speak for anyone else here, Franz.

Urg's communally agreed wishes on advertisements are defined in its
usenet charter, and a reminder of the charter's existence and
whereabouts is posted here every week. If you had bothered to look it
up, (as Tony Bull obviously has), you would know that the advert above
is permitted. It's on topic and conforms exactly to the requested
format.

Janet.

Heritage Vegetable Seed Catalogue (ADVERT) Ray Warner United Kingdom 9 27-10-2003 09:12 PM
Bloody Advert was____ Advert k United Kingdom 8 21-10-2003 04:12 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 26 15-07-2003 08:21 PM
ADVERT Tony Bull United Kingdom 0 07-07-2003 08:28 PM
Advert - Authentic Garden prints and designs Rob United Kingdom 0 16-05-2003 12:32 AM