Old 08-12-2003, 10:34 PM
Anonymous

Default Electronic mole repellers??

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 21:59:53 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

"...........
Find a run between branches leading to two molehills and cut a square

of
turf just big enough to slide the trap into, right down to the run.

Set the trap with the trigger ring between the jaws and place it in

the
hole, carefully filling the top with grass roots etc and covering it

with
earth so that no light gets in, but making sure you don't obstruct

the free
movement of the 'handles'. (If the run is deep, you may have to allow

for
their springing out when you dig the hole.) .................."

This is good advice, but if you have bought a tunnel trap, which I

much
prefer, then you need to set it finely and set it into the run making

sure
that you haven't dumped a load of loose soil at each end as you do it.

BUT.. that's the easy part, I always dump new traps into a mud

solution for
a couple of weeks to try to get rid of ant oil etc smell from

manufacturing
then always leave them outside all the year round.
Never wash your hands with soap/ detergent etc before handling a

trap, I
will wash with mud, then crush something like sorrel to get rid of

any Human
smell.
If they are working close to the surface then tread down the run

where you
want to trap a couple of times so that when you come to set the trap

the
soil is firmer and less likely to crumble.
Normally I can trap well, but this summer has been really bad,though

I did
get one with a spade, saw the little B****r lifting the soil so very

slowly
stalked till I was within spade length then when he lifted slammed

the spade
in to the run on the back side and lifted fast, and out he popped.

Remember
they can move quite fast and dig very fast.

Said with obvious relish and sheer pleasure, and you complain when
people call you perverts!

How empty your lives must be to want to do that to an animal.

Jabus
-=-
This message was posted via two or more anonymous remailing services.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:43 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

Discreet. Have a look at the dictionary.

discrete or discreet?

Agent International English accepts both.

I wouldn't rely on an internet program as an authority. The words have
very separate (discrete) meanings.

Besides you have my OED :-)

ODCE makes the difference clear.

As do any good dictionaries.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 09-12-2003, 09:04 AM
Franz Heymann

"Steve Harris" wrote in message
In article ,
(Franz Heymann) wrote:

Discreet. Have a look at the dictionary.

Have a look at a Netiquette guide.

The netiquette guide is not a guide to the English language.
I corrected the OP in good faith.

Franz

Old 09-12-2003, 10:02 AM
martin

On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:06:04 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from martin contains these words:

Discreet. Have a look at the dictionary.

discrete or discreet?

Agent International English accepts both.

I wouldn't rely on an internet program as an authority. The words have
very separate (discrete) meanings.

Besides you have my OED :-)

ODCE makes the difference clear.

As do any good dictionaries.

If you were to read the whole post, before answering you could save
yourself considerable typing effort.
--
Martin
Old 09-12-2003, 10:03 PM
Gary Woods

martin wrote:

perhaps the RFC
is missing something?

The discussion was on two homonyms that sounded the same but had very
different meanings. Certainly not as bad as flaming somebody for spelling
the way I do.... the brain is fine, but the connection to the fingers can
be a bit dodgy...
And it was more instructive than the original topic.

Dear Wife once tried to discourage chipmunks from digging in a flower bed
by putting mothballs down their tunnels. Found the holes bigger than ever
the next day, and the mothballs flung some distance away. Suggested we
re-watch "Caddyshack."

All of which is covered with snow here in the former American colonies,
(New) York division.

Old 09-12-2003, 10:45 PM
martin

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003 22:31:03 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

snip

And what might RFC 1855 be?

And are you not making a mountain of a molehill?

Back on topic
Brilliant!
--
Martin
Old 10-12-2003, 10:03 AM
Franz Heymann

news
wrote:

snip

And what might RFC 1855 be?

And are you not making a mountain of a molehill?

Back on topic
Brilliant!

Yes. I was waiting for the opportunity.

Franz

Old 10-12-2003, 06:15 PM
Gary Woods

Chris Wilson wrote:

"Oi!
Clampett, found any oil yet?". If that means anything to you you must be
in your late forties at least :-)

Surely you must have a TV service that re-runs the "golden days?"
In these days of satellites, TV-Land or some such must available.

And I always did like Flatt and Scruggs, who did the theme...