Old 17-12-2003, 04:32 PM
martin

Default kippers to dye for Pots in the North

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:37:06 +0000 (UTC), "Franz Heymann"
wrote:

Mind you, if I'd been smoked, I'd be pretty mad too.

Have mercy on me and please stop using that s word. I stopped smoking two
years ago and I stil keep walking close behind smokers in the street, just
to breathe a bit of second hand pleasure.

I stopped 34 years ago and I can't stand being near smokers.
Come 1-1-2004 no more smoking in public in NL .... perhaps.
--
Martin
Old 17-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Chris Hogg

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:41:08 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:38:25 GMT, Tim Challenger wrote:

No. What?
Take your pick from ...
http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/webproject...colourings.htm

Kippers

Ah, I missed the Quinoline yellow bit.

It used to be Brown FK (For Kippers, would you believe. Very
imaginative!). E154, and an azo dye. These are banned in many
countries.

--
Chris

Old 17-12-2003, 08:35 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Have mercy on me and please stop using that s word. I stopped smoking two
years ago and I stil keep walking close behind smokers in the street, just
to breathe a bit of second hand pleasure.

You must have had it bad. I gave up a dozen or more years ago and after
the first fortnight it didn't irk me.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 17-12-2003, 09:07 PM
martin

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:09:46 GMT, Jaques d'Alltrades
wrote:

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

Have mercy on me and please stop using that s word. I stopped smoking two
years ago and I stil keep walking close behind smokers in the street, just
to breathe a bit of second hand pleasure.

You must have had it bad. I gave up a dozen or more years ago and after
the first fortnight it didn't irk me.

After the first two weeks it didn't irk me, after 2 months it almost
killed me not to have a cigarette, after 3 months I was cured, after 2
years I hated the smell of the things. I was getting through 70 a day
when I gave up. After 20 years I started getting some sort of allergic
reaction, it turned out to be caused by cigarette smoke.

So what sort of tobacco are you planting this year?
--
Martin
Old 17-12-2003, 11:11 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

Have mercy on me and please stop using that s word. I stopped smoking

two
years ago and I stil keep walking close behind smokers in the street,

just
to breathe a bit of second hand pleasure.

You must have had it bad. I gave up a dozen or more years ago and after
the first fortnight it didn't irk me.

I am the world's champion giver upper. I have given up once for 6 months,
three times for a year and now for two years. And I am considering giving
myself a christmas present of an ounce of St. Bruno. (Luckily I saved six of
my old pipes, just in case)

Franz

Old 18-12-2003, 01:29 AM
Franz Heymann

news
wrote:

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

Have mercy on me and please stop using that s word. I stopped smoking

two
years ago and I stil keep walking close behind smokers in the street,

just
to breathe a bit of second hand pleasure.

You must have had it bad. I gave up a dozen or more years ago and after
the first fortnight it didn't irk me.

After the first two weeks it didn't irk me, after 2 months it almost
killed me not to have a cigarette, after 3 months I was cured, after 2
years I hated the smell of the things. I was getting through 70 a day
when I gave up. After 20 years I started getting some sort of allergic
reaction, it turned out to be caused by cigarette smoke.

So what sort of tobacco are you planting this year?

Like Omar Khayyam, I am standing at the tavern door, waiting for cannabis to
be legalised. I am aiming take it up as soon as that happy event occurs,
and preferably before it is taxed.

Franz

Old 18-12-2003, 01:31 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:

So what sort of tobacco are you planting this year?

I just happen to have a lot of seeds left from when I grew my own.
Whether they are still viable, I dunno.

I might try some during the coming year for molishing incesticide sprays.

Old 18-12-2003, 01:32 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

You must have had it bad. I gave up a dozen or more years ago and after
the first fortnight it didn't irk me.

I am the world's champion giver upper. I have given up once for 6 months,
three times for a year and now for two years. And I am considering giving
myself a christmas present of an ounce of St. Bruno. (Luckily I saved six of
my old pipes, just in case)

Don't even think about it. I lost my li'l sis a couple of years ago to
lung cancer.

Felt unwell at work. Doctor called. Whipped into hospital. Died exactly
two weeks later.