Old 25-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Mike

Default What did Santa bring?

2 Royal Navy reference books.
A Stanley Home wheelable tool kit box so I can now gather all my tools into
one box and know where they are :-))
Pair of Slippers which I must put on before Grandson visits.
Travel Vouchers for our Cruise in September

and to keep it on a gardening topic
Joan will receive a little cast iron notice 'GRAN'S GARDEN' to stick in the
garden when Grandson comes over. Bought from a place just outside Torquay,
Cockington Olde Forge (Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are
in the area on a later date. They also do Horse Brasses in various designs
on or off the leather strap. I bought a couple of 'Square and Compasses' for
the Lodge Raffles and one with the RAF Wings on for the RAF Reunion Raffle)

Old 25-12-2003, 09:42 AM
David Hill

"...........Bought from a place just outside Torquay, Cockington Olde Forge
(Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are in the area on a later
date. ....."

Didn't they have a stand at the "Festival of Britain" in 1951?

David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk

Old 25-12-2003, 10:03 AM
martin

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 09:39:13 -0000, "David Hill"
wrote:

"...........Bought from a place just outside Torquay, Cockington Olde Forge
(Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are in the area on a later
date. ....."

Didn't they have a stand at the "Festival of Britain" in 1951?

You have a long memory!
--
Martin
Old 25-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Mike

"David Hill" wrote in message
"...........Bought from a place just outside Torquay, Cockington Olde

Forge
(Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are in the area on a

later
date. ....."

Didn't they have a stand at the "Festival of Britain" in 1951?

Don't know 'cos I didn't go to it

Mike

Old 25-12-2003, 10:42 AM
martin

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:05:02 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:

"David Hill" wrote in message
"...........Bought from a place just outside Torquay, Cockington Olde

Forge
(Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are in the area on a

later
date. ....."

Didn't they have a stand at the "Festival of Britain" in 1951?

Don't know 'cos I didn't go to it

I did, but can't remember the stand.

I do remember a demo of radar signals being bounced off the moon, and
the Dome of Discovery etc.

Space research has come a long way in fifty odd years.
--
Martin

Old 25-12-2003, 04:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
"David Hill" wrote in message

"...........Bought from a place just outside Torquay, Cockington Olde

Forge
(Closed in January but well worth a visit if you are in the area on a

later
date. ....."

Didn't they have a stand at the "Festival of Britain" in 1951?

Don't know 'cos I didn't go to it

I did, but can't remember the stand.

I do remember a demo of radar signals being bounced off the moon, and
the Dome of Discovery etc.

Space research has come a long way in fifty odd years.

I can't say I remember it either, but then, there was rather a lot of
it. I rather liked the Skylon, but me gran wouldn't let me take it home.

--
Rusty Hinge http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/tqt.htm

Dark thoughts about the Wumpus concerto played with piano,
iron bar and two sledge hammers. (Wumpus, 15/11/03)
Old 25-12-2003, 05:03 PM
Mike

I can't say I remember it either, but then, there was rather a lot of
it. I rather liked the Skylon, but me gran wouldn't let me take it home.

Should have folded it up and put it in your pocket ;-)

Old 26-12-2003, 01:04 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

I can't say I remember it either, but then, there was rather a lot of
it. I rather liked the Skylon, but me gran wouldn't let me take it home.

Should have folded it up and put it in your pocket ;-)

I can just hear the comments:

"My! You *ARE* a big boy!"

Old 26-12-2003, 10:04 AM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

I can't say I remember it either, but then, there was rather a lot of
it. I rather liked the Skylon, but me gran wouldn't let me take it

home.

Should have folded it up and put it in your pocket ;-)

I can just hear the comments:

"My! You *ARE* a big boy!"

My one and only Christmas present was a very nice card from my wife. It was
unsigned with a note included to the effect that she specifically gave it to
me in mint condition so that I could give it to her next year.

Franz

Old 26-12-2003, 10:12 AM
mich

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Mike" contains these words:

I can't say I remember it either, but then, there was rather a lot

of
it. I rather liked the Skylon, but me gran wouldn't let me take it

home.

I was not born when the 1951 exhibition was on. Not even a glimmer in
parental eyes!

Back to topic. Chrissy presents.
a) compound mitre saw
b) a garden gnome - yes very un -PC and supposed to drop many K of the house
that has one, but I like them!

Old 26-12-2003, 11:34 AM
Ophelia

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

My one and only Christmas present was a very nice card from my wife. It

was
unsigned with a note included to the effect that she specifically gave it

me in mint condition so that I could give it to her next year.

Oh Franz.. I do hope you are joking

Old 26-12-2003, 11:34 AM
martin

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 10:48:58 -0000, "Ophelia"
wrote:

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

My one and only Christmas present was a very nice card from my wife. It

was
unsigned with a note included to the effect that she specifically gave it

me in mint condition so that I could give it to her next year.

Oh Franz.. I do hope you are joking

shhh! or Franz will take you off his Xmas card list, you are scheduled
to receive it next year and me two years after that, assuming that you
return it to Franz :-)

--
Martin
Old 26-12-2003, 02:02 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these words:

My one and only Christmas present was a very nice card from my wife. It was
unsigned with a note included to the effect that she specifically gave it to
me in mint condition so that I could give it to her next year.

If you give her another, sharpish, it won't be too late for the New
Year, and she can give you that one next year as you return hers.

Old 26-12-2003, 03:12 PM
Franz Heymann

"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Franz Heymann" wrote in message

My one and only Christmas present was a very nice card from my wife. It

was
unsigned with a note included to the effect that she specifically gave

it
me in mint condition so that I could give it to her next year.

Oh Franz.. I do hope you are joking

We have a wedding anniversary card wich is now in its sixth season. I might
have to starch it next year.

Franz

Old 26-12-2003, 03:44 PM
Franz Heymann

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
The message
from "Franz Heymann" contains these

words:

My one and only Christmas present was a very nice card from my wife. It

was
unsigned with a note included to the effect that she specifically gave

it to
me in mint condition so that I could give it to her next year.

If you give her another, sharpish, it won't be too late for the New
Year, and she can give you that one next year as you return hers.

I'll see if I can find one tomorrow. {:-))

Franz