Old 14-01-2004, 05:42 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

Default Is this a political forum or a gardening newsgroup?

The message
from "Mary Fisher" contains these words:
"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , tony
writes

When are we going to get rid of the political cross-posting from this

group
and get back to the topic of GARDENING?

There is no way to stop people from other ngs from cross posting in
here.

Apparently there is, I have instructions but haven't got round to using them
yet because I recognise and nuke. I can post the details here if anyone
asks.

No there isn't. It only stops them being downloaded, or kills them on
your computer.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 14-01-2004, 06:36 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Thighbone Lee
Jackson writes

If you want to live in a secluded world where only like minded idiots
frequent, why not start your own moderated group?

Only do it in secret please, most of us really don't care.

I thought we had done............ it's called uk.rec.gardening and peace
usually reigns nicely here thanks.

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 15-01-2004, 01:35 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Janet Tweedy contains these words:
In article , Thighbone Lee
Jackson writes

If you want to live in a secluded world where only like minded idiots
frequent, why not start your own moderated group?

Only do it in secret please, most of us really don't care.

I thought we had done............ it's called uk.rec.gardening and peace
usually reigns nicely here thanks.

I do wish you wouldn't feed the troll - I only see mention of him in my
killfile log.......

Old 15-01-2004, 09:32 AM
Nick Wagg

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Plant rhubarb round it and they'll probably come and nest in it.

But it's the elephant that makes its nest in a rhubarb tree...
--
Nick Wagg
Old 15-01-2004, 12:03 PM
Mike

"Nick Wagg" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Plant rhubarb round it and they'll probably come and nest in it.

But it's the elephant that makes its nest in a rhubarb tree...
--
Nick Wagg

I always understood it to be an Oak Tree. The reason why I remember is
because I couldn't see how it was going to get down, "They step on an Oak
Leaf and wait until Autumn"

Mike

Old 15-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Nick Wagg

Mike wrote:

"Nick Wagg" wrote in message
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Plant rhubarb round it and they'll probably come and nest in it.

But it's the elephant that makes its nest in a rhubarb tree...
--
Nick Wagg

I always understood it to be an Oak Tree. The reason why I remember is
because I couldn't see how it was going to get down, "They step on an Oak
Leaf and wait until Autumn"

The elephant is a graceful bird,
It hops from twig to twig.
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a pig.
--
Nick Wagg
Old 15-01-2004, 12:40 PM
Mike

The elephant is a graceful bird,
It hops from twig to twig.
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a pig.
--
Nick Wagg

Well there you are, wrong again :-(( Just goes to prove you are never too
old to learn

many thanks for the lesson

Mike

Old 15-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Nick Wagg contains these words:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Plant rhubarb round it and they'll probably come and nest in it.

But it's the elephant that makes its nest in a rhubarb tree...

I should have been more specific: I meant amongst it. They hide under
the old leaves, you know, so be very careful if you're clearing out the
litter at the end of the season. Rake a hibernating hippo out and it's
awfully difficult to roll it back again.

I had to use all my duvets, Blunketts and eiderdowns one year to cover
one up where it lay. Took me ages to dry them out again in the spring.

Old 15-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Nick Wagg contains these words:

The elephant is a graceful bird,
It hops from twig to twig.
It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree
And whistles like a pig.

Hippos are chic wading birds,
They squat in seaside marshes:
You never notice them because
They all wear false moustaches.

Old 15-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Jaques d'Alltrades
writes

I do wish you wouldn't feed the troll - I only see mention of him in my
killfile log.......

Sorry Rusty I was following the thread and just got annoyed at the digs
(to make it on topic!)

Janet

Old 15-01-2004, 09:44 PM
martin

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:17:51 +0000, Nick Wagg
wrote:

Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Plant rhubarb round it and they'll probably come and nest in it.

But it's the elephant that makes its nest in a rhubarb tree...

Jaques is his trainer
--
Martin
Old 16-01-2004, 02:42 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from martin contains these words:
wrote:
Jaques d'Alltrades wrote:

Plant rhubarb round it and they'll probably come and nest in it.

But it's the elephant that makes its nest in a rhubarb tree...

Jaques is his trainer

Tusk-tusk.