Old 03-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Kay Easton

Default Slope or flat?

In article , Margus
writes
I've got just one more question. When terracing, do you bring in new
soil to level the ground or is it possible to do it by relocating the
existing soil?
If I should terrace this 30 000 sq ft property, that has height
difference about 15 feet, only with new soil, then I will need it A
LOT, like 30 truck loads or so.

I would have thought that a combination of cut and fill - ie the back of
each terrace is cut into the slope and the front is built up, would be
more stable than building the terrace entirely with new soil.

If you relocate existing soil, remember to keep the top soil separate
from the rest - you will want the top soil on top eventually.

Either way, it's going to be a horrendous task.
--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: